Thread: Friesians

I hail from South Carolina, but Texas is where I hang my hat :)

Friesians

Has anyone had any experience with this type of horse? It is my favorite breed, from what I have seen and read, but I want to know firsthand experiences if anyone has had any. We just became the owners of a little over 5 acres and in a few years, God willing, we will bless the land and our lives with a horse! I will have taken horsemanship classes and gotten educated on being a horse owner before I take the step and may change my mind about breeds by then. But, for now, the Friesian has my heart.
    The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that is wrong with the world. - Dr. Paul Farmer

I absolutely have no clue.. but Friesians rock!!... I love them!!!...
    Corinna´s Christmas Card Swap ´06
    dedicated to a lovely woman who won many hearts along her life...........
    she will be deeply missed.......Thank you for letting us be a part of your life, you will surely remain in ours FOREVER........R.I.P. Dear Corinna

Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful dude that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

notes-to-my-husband blog

http://365project.org/isabelle/365

I have met two in my life, both pretty nice. Other than that, I don't know much. If you like them then you should subscribe to this channel, she makes sale vids for Fresian breeders
    http://www.youtube.com/user/CallyMatherly

or this person with her stallions
    http://www.youtube.com/user/lauraz7

Niņo & Eliza

Never met one in horse person.. But from what I have heard & read they are a very nice breed of horses..

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

Freisiens are a lovely horse with a very smooth gait. Easy enough to train but I think it's like all breeds. You need a reputable dealer or you could be in trouble. They do aim to please but they also have a mind of their own. I would say if you don't know much about them you should take someone experienced with you . Your vet should also be checking out the horse for any "hidden" problems that a newbie wouldn't know how to detect. They aren't the cheapest horse to buy so you want to make sure you get what you pay for. Ask questions , try out the horse, do things with it that you would do at home. Temperament is pretty obvious to check unless it's been sedated which happens quite often in the horse world. A vet would know all this, plus more. an experienced horse person will know lots of things to be aware of also.
    They are beautiful horses though.

I hail from South Carolina, but Texas is where I hang my hat :)
    Quote Originally Posted by shepgirl View Post
    Freisiens are a lovely horse with a very smooth gait. Easy enough to train but I think it's like all breeds. You need a reputable dealer or you could be in trouble. They do aim to please but they also have a mind of their own. I would say if you don't know much about them you should take someone experienced with you . Your vet should also be checking out the horse for any "hidden" problems that a newbie wouldn't know how to detect. They aren't the cheapest horse to buy so you want to make sure you get what you pay for. Ask questions , try out the horse, do things with it that you would do at home. Temperament is pretty obvious to check unless it's been sedated which happens quite often in the horse world. A vet would know all this, plus more. an experienced horse person will know lots of things to be aware of also.
    They are beautiful horses though.

Yeah, I had all this in mind, for sure. I definitely noticed that they aren't your average horse, as far as finding horses for sale. I'll definitely have someone with me that knows horses, preferably someone who knows that breed. And, I would love to find a vet who specializes in horses to check the animal out before I make any purchase.

And, this is all just a dream. We have the land now, and horses are welcome there. So that's one step closer to the dream then I was last year. Baby steps!

The guy I want to learn from is a trainer who does demonstrations of his methods at the state fair. We saw him last year and were really impressed, kind of a horse whisperer type method. His name is Robert Liner and he has several different levels of training camps available.
    The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that is wrong with the world. - Dr. Paul Farmer

I don't know anything about them, but I think they are the most beautiful horses!
    Owned by two little pastries!

REST IN PEACE GRACIE. NOT A DAY GOES BY THAT I DON'T MISS YOU.