Thread: Can anyone near Sacramento take this boy?

Can anyone near Sacramento take this boy?

This is Jelly Bean. One of our PT members saw him in a shelter and fell in love with him. Unfortunately, it is a high kill shelter. She can't take him due to her female dog. She described him as "desperate for a home" and I keep picturing him crying and pawing at people as they walk by. Some dogs need people more than others and it sounds like he's a real people dog.

http://www.petharbor.com/detail.asp?...where=type_DOG

I am from Sac. I could see if I can find someone to take him. No promises though.
    It doesn't say how old he is. Do we know?
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Quote Originally Posted by Taz_Zoee View Post
    I am from Sac. I could see if I can find someone to take him. No promises though.
    It doesn't say how old he is. Do we know?
    I am the one who found him there, he looks young but they haven't put an age, maybe in the 1 - 2 year old range. He is an absolute love.

Edit to add thanks for posting this moonandbean.
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

I have been frosted!

Thanks Kfamr for the signature!

Quote Originally Posted by caseysmom View Post
    I am the one who found him there, he looks young but they haven't put an age, maybe in the 1 - 2 year old range. He is an absolute love.

Edit to add thanks for posting this moonandbean.
    That's what I thought you had mentioned in the other thread about him.
    I was thinking of someone, but then remembered they "don't like" Pits. I'll have to see if anyone else comes to mind.

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Thanks for any help you can get him. I'm trying to make him as visible as possible

I see they added an approx age - 3 years old.

And has anyone looked into a pit bull rescue group to take him? I have no experience with this type of thing, but I googled pit bull rescue in Sac and these links came up.

I got an email from someone interested in JellyBean but since his page was gone; I didn't know his status. I emailed them and asked. They said "Good news and Bad news". JellyBean was adopted but when they took him to the vet to arrange for neutering, they found he had a serious medical condition and he was euthanized.

ATLEAST he got to feel wanted and loved again before he was euthanized and I'm sure it was done in a much more caring setting than if he was PTS at the shelter.

RIP JellyBean---have fun at Rainbow Bridge

Oh no!!

RIP Jellybean

RIP sweetie...thanks moonandbeam for all your help and PM's.
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

I have been frosted!

Thanks Kfamr for the signature!

Why does it have to end so sad?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!