Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Your best purchase

Your best purchase

I have been looking around my home at all the things I have bought over the last 10 years. Some very much wanted and some where bought on a whim. Of all the items I do have my two favorite are the treadmill and the laptop. I use both almost everyday. Have had the treadmill for 6 years I think.
    One of the items I bought years ago was a fitness membership and hardly ever went.
    What are some of your favorite items and what where some you wish you had not bought?

The things bought on a whim are mostly clothes that hang in my closet that I probably will end up giving away.
    What I did buy that I treasure most was my van that gave me exactly the comfort and wear that I was lookng for.

My camera,DVD player and Laptop are my favorites.I really don't have buyers remose on alot of things I have bought.I research before I buy almost anything.My cats(didn't pay adoption fees for them)and hammie of course.
    Last edited by Zippy; 01-11-2009 at 10:32 AM.
    Nikki[human],Zippy[tabby],and Pumpkin[orange tabby]
    Rest in Peace my Sweet Hammie Zoey
    Jan 1,09-March 26,2010

Well, the two best purchases that I made are actually not paid off yet! It would have to be our house and my piano. I love love love owning a home and not having to worry about landlords anymore! (We bought our first house 9 months ago).

The piano is the best I've ever owned, though it is by no means worthy of a concert hall or anything. But it does have a lovely, bright sound, has a nice feel, and it is pretty. Plus it is great to be able to practice and enjoy the way it sounds. I worked in a piano studio as a teacher for 2 years and got to play on some extremely good instruments, so I had to have something at home that could compare a little bit, or I wouldn't practice.

As far as "bad" purchases, I see evidence of this all over the house...nothing overly expensive, but I do own a lot of junk I could sure live without. Makes me wonder how much money I would have in the bank if I could get a refund on all of the unnecessary stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by Pembroke_Corgi View Post
    As far as "bad" purchases, I see evidence of this all over the house...nothing overly expensive, but I do own a lot of junk I could sure live without. Makes me wonder how much money I would have in the bank if I could get a refund on all of the unnecessary stuff!
    Oh I hear ya and I second that! I have a lot I got rid of at yard sale last Spring and hope to do a clean out again this Spring. I didn't have the yard sale, I donated it to the group which does feral cat rescue. They told me my stuff alone brought in over $200!!

My digital camera which I bought just after adopting Lacey is absolutely the best thing I have ever done! And everyone here on PT gets to enjoy the benefits.

Lasik

My best purchase would have to be having Lasik eye surgery. It was the best $ I ever have spent. I used to be blind as a bat, aka nearsighted, and could not see anything unless it was almost touching my nose, or I had my contacts in or glasses on. Now, I can see 20/15 with no assistance!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
    My digital camera which I bought just after adopting Lacey is absolutely the best thing I have ever done! And everyone here on PT gets to enjoy the benefits.
    I love enjoying those benefits!

Quote Originally Posted by Pembroke Corgi
    As far as "bad" purchases, I see evidence of this all over the house...nothing overly expensive, but I do own a lot of junk I could sure live without.
    That goes double for me!

I bought an open-hole flute about a year and a half ago. Making that investment has kept me playing when I might otherwise have quit.

And the adoption fee that brought Cassie Cat home with me
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

I think maybe a gym membership, my Nintendo DS, or my sketching supplies. Can't live without any of those, of course I probably can't live without a million other things either, that I don't realize. Maybe I'll add my NEW phone to that list as well.

Honestly, I do buy alot of junk but I normally don't splurge in a store. I just bought a little tin mailbox at target recently for $1. If it had been more I definitely wouldn't have bought it. I just thought it was adorable for so cheap!

I have a houseful of things I didn't need. It's sad. Over the last year I have drastically cut down on buying things, and I got rid of a lot of stuff by donating it all to charity.

The good purchases I made were my dogs, my computer, my bedroom furniture (a 1930's complete set in perfect condition), and my car.
    "We give dogs the time we can spare, the space we can spare and the love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made" - M. Facklam

"We are raised to honor all the wrong explorers and discoverers - thieves planting flags, murderers carrying crosses. Let us at last praise the colonizers of dreams."- P.S. Beagle

"All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king." - J.R.R. Tolkien

Hmm my best purchases in no particular order...

~The cats and anything for them. My guys (and girl ) are a source of great stress relief!
    ~Toys for Nick, no matter what seeing him happy makes ME happy
    ~my computer, without it Id go nuts . At least its been fairly cheap since I get a lot of parts at wholesale or free from client trade ins.
    ~My car, best lump of money I ever spent. Not many people can claim surviving on $5 a week in gas
    ~My DJ equipment, music is a big part of my life.

Fun thread!

A few of my best purchases are:
    ~Anything for Cameron - that little boy makes my life sunnier.
    ~My laptop. How'd I live before I had it?!?
    ~ my house. I love my house!

A few of my worst purchases are:
    ~The large print alarm clock that I can't see since the only way to read it in the middle of the night is to press a button to make the d&*# thing glow. The reason I bought it was because I thought it would glow and be visible all night, even without glasses. grrr.
    ~ Too many shoes/clothes/accessories to list. All were incredible bargains.... but in hte light of home after the shopper's victory wore off, I realize that if its not flattering or comfortable, its not a great deal.

My best most recent purchase was new carpet for my condo. I've never had new carpet before and my old carpet was at least 25-30 years old, worn out, and badly stained.

My computer,my digital camera,adopting all of my cats,high speed internet,new dishwasher,new refrigerator,getting rid of carpet in my bathrooms and replacing it with a hard surface type of linoleum.

Some of my worst purchases have been gym memberships,treadmill and exercise equipment,shoes,some clothes, and just ending up with too much junk and/or clutter.

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    The best:
    Sparky - my bargain basement ShihTzu for $25. What a steal!
    Computer
    Digital camera
    Oreck vacuum

The worst:
    Ronco rotisserie oven - HATE IT and hardly ever use it
    Misc clothes, shoes, handbags I didn't really NEED
    More knickknacks to collect dust
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

By far that'd be my computer. It is also the most expensive thing I own, and that includes my crappy car. Then would come my camera, which I have used for over four years. Also, my shoes that I bought new from a consignment store for $15.

The worst has just got to be the complete and utter crap that has accumulated over the years that I just had to have because it was on sale, or the vintage 80s rainbow suit I bought off ebay because I never wear it.

edit: I'd have to add my tablet as something I shouldn't have asked for. It was a gift but I don't really use it ever. I still haven't gotten the hang of using it over a year later.
    Last edited by Suki Wingy; 01-11-2009 at 10:55 PM.

Niño & Eliza

Best things I've purchased:

- My car
    - College education
    - Digital camera
    - Manual SLR
    - Bamboo Wacom Tablet

Worst things - I don't think I'd have any.
    You're the one sure thing I've found so you better stick around...
    Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful man that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred