Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Book people

Hey, no problem! If your library doesn't have it, tell them they should! Or I could send you my copy - I had an extra besides the one I gave to Lady's Human.

Its funny, as some books I read, and even after a couple years can go on and on about them, others are more like "fast food" - fun but they don't stick with you!
    I've Been Frosted

Thanks Karen! I'm sending you a pm.

I'll be sending that book out Monday, Cyber-sibes! Just didn't get to the post office while it was open today, and of course it is closed tomorrow.
    I've Been Frosted

Quote Originally Posted by Prairie Purrs View Post
    Karen, I look forward to hearing Rupa's thoughts about the book given her familiarity with India. I haven't started it yet (darned job is cutting into my reading time!), but I hope to jump in this week. We've got some icy cold days in the forecast--perfect for wrapping up in a big fleece robe with a pot of tea and a book.
    So, what did you think of it?

Rupa (my banker) said she thought was really interesting, that it gives you a real feel for the place, and that she was learning a lot that she never knew about her homeland.
    I've Been Frosted

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    So, what did you think of it?

Rupa (my banker) said she thought was really interesting, that it gives you a real feel for the place, and that she was learning a lot that she never knew about her homeland.
    Haven't finished yet--recreational reading time has been hard to come by lately--but I like it quite a lot so far.

Thanks, Karen. That is one gorgeous and well organized blog. Great job!

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

Some new books up, I gave some away to my nieces and sister (traded the new Neil Gaiman one to my niece for the signed copy of Coraline I gave her by accident) at a recent family party, but do let me know if any of them interest any of you! Any bird watchers would probably love this one ...
    I've Been Frosted

"A Guide to the Birds of East Africa" sounds delightful. Another for the reading list.

I finally finished "The Toss of a Lemon" a couple days ago. I'm a sucker for big multigenerational epics, so it was my kind of book. And it gives some insight into India's enormously complicated religious and cultural traditions.

Quote Originally Posted by Prairie Purrs View Post
    "A Guide to the Birds of East Africa" sounds delightful. Another for the reading list.

I finally finished "The Toss of a Lemon" a couple days ago. I'm a sucker for big multigenerational epics, so it was my kind of book. And it gives some insight into India's enormously complicated religious and cultural traditions.
    Oh, I am so glad you liked it! And the "Birds of East Africa" is teensy in comparison!
    I've Been Frosted

I loaded Toss of a Lemon onto my Kindle and am currently reading it - am enjoying it VERY much!! I am really getting to know the characters and am learning quite a bit about this Brahmin culture I am unfamiliar with!!

Oh, so glad you are enjoying it!
    I've Been Frosted

Remembered this thread, and I will post in here with new book reviews, rather than in Dog General, Cat general etc.! The most recent one is for The Culinary Canine - a recipe book by famous chefs who cook for their dogs! See here!
    I've Been Frosted

I read about "Sammy in the Sky" in the newspaper. I don't think I want to read it because I think it will have the same effect on me as Robert Munsch's "Love You Forever" But how neat that it's illustrated by Jamie Wyeth!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Quote Originally Posted by cassiesmom View Post
    I read about "Sammy in the Sky" in the newspaper. I don't think I want to read it because I think it will have the same effect on me as Robert Munsch's "Love You Forever" But how neat that it's illustrated by Jamie Wyeth!
    It's got a pretty nice upbeat ending, give it a browse sometime if you're in the children's section!
    I've Been Frosted

I started commuting by train to a job in downtown Chicago again a few weeks ago. I expected to see lots of e-readers and very few books -- but it's been about 50-50. I was pleasantly surprised!

I'm reading "Predator", my first Dr. Kay Scarpetta book by Patricia Cornwell, on the train. Reading makes the trip go faster
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678