Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone here know how to knit??? Help needed.

Anyone here know how to knit??? Help needed.

I have a little issue and I need some help.

Joey is having major ear issues, with it being so cold outside, his ears are getting terrible scabs and sores on them. His ears are see through practically, and these sores are taking up 40-50% of one ear, and about 25% of the other.

I have been using vaseline on them daily, and it is getting better.. BUT I need to keep him in a toboggon/ knit hat while on walks and bathroom breaks.

He has one I bought for PetSmart last year, but it is getting used daily. I dont know how to make them. My vet moved, so I cant have her make him any either (she LOVES to knit)...

It would have to be tiny, real tiny so it would fit.

I cant spend a fortune on them, but I would be able to pay a reasonable price for his ears to be healthy again.

I hope this post isnt stupid, but I feel so bad for the little fella. I have looked for them online, but they are 5-10 dollars each(without shipping). And seem to be too big.

If anyone can help, I would be very grateful, and Joey would too. OR if you know of someone who could, please let me know!

Thanks so much everyone! Katie and Pets

Thank you so much Michelle!

Please be responsible, spay and neuter your pets!

I've been BOO'd!!! Thanks Lori!

I can knit! Please post a picture of the hat you're using now. Do you have a pattern?
    I miss you enormously Sydney, Maya, Inka & Zazou Be happy there at the Rainbow Bridge

Lut, Oh I hope you can help. I dont have a pattern, but I could probably find one? I am sure I could do an online search, and if that did not work, I could go to the craft store and buy it.

I have a picture of him wearing one.. I will post it.

It would not need to be anything fancy, just something warm for his bald head/ears. It would need something around the rim to tie under his chin though, otherwise he would shake it off.

Let me know if you think you could make him one or a few. Here is the picture...

Like I said, I know this one is fancy. If I would have known that I would have such a tiny dog when I found this one, I would have bought a few. But I did not have Joey when I bought it, I just had a kitten I thought it would look cute on

I don't knit but that picture is just too cute for words. Good luck finding what he needs.

The pattern is more complicated than the hat he wears. The hat he wears would be a simple 4 needle tube in 2 right/2left and it looks as if it is pulled together with an elastic yarn. I don't have knitting needles anymore but if I know how to do it, then anybody should be able to do it - I'm manually challenged all over.

BTW-you should at least control his cigarette intake if he doesn't manage to quit altogether

Barbara, LOL! My hubby thought it would be funny It is cute though!

And thanks about the pattern. I have NO IDEA what all that stuff meant, but it is the only one I could find in a short time. I am not a handy person at all.

I know my grandmother was really good at knitting, I remember watching her for hours when I was young. I wish I would have listened to her when she would try to teach me to knit and crochet

Joey is exceptionally cute in his winter woolies. If you can count how many stitches his existing hat has, and measure around the rim and also the length from brim to elastic, I would be willing to have a go at it.

KT,
    If you can provide some of the dimensions i.e. how long, wide, etc., I could try and put one together for you as well. It should be fairly easy to make!

Mary

You know what that hat looks like? It looks like the sleeve of a sweater cut and stitched closed at the top. If you found a sweater with small enough sleeves, like a childs sweater, you could make it! Of course you'd need to add the tie for under his chin. But I'm sure the more talented people here will come up with better hats.
    How big is his head? Can you measure around his head for us? Or even just measure the existing hat?

That picture is soo funny!!! LOL
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

WARNING! There is a virus in the knitting pattern link kt_loves_kitties posted, don't click on it!

I removed the click-ability in the link she posted, as ChrisH reported in contained a virus, and we don't want anyone taking chances. I am on a Mac, so didn't see it when I clicked the link initially, but different visruses target different operating systems.
    I've Been Frosted

I don´t knit knit.. but I sure can try.. hehe... I have made blankies and bundles but not hats... but sure an try...just let me know size so I can have a guide
    Corinna´s Christmas Card Swap ´06
    dedicated to a lovely woman who won many hearts along her life...........
    she will be deeply missed.......Thank you for letting us be a part of your life, you will surely remain in ours FOREVER........R.I.P. Dear Corinna

Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful dude that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

notes-to-my-husband blog

http://365project.org/isabelle/365

Awwwww.......bless you little fella!! Poor widdle baby. I'll send big kisses to help you.

Joey, please try to kick that habit. We want you around forever.
    Just my 2 cents, Joey. If you really need to smoke, it's your business.

That picture could win prizes.

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

Good eye, Taz Zoee! I went back to look again and yup, looks like a sleeve!

Joey, I do hope you don't inhale!

Quote Originally Posted by kt_luvs_kitties View Post

LOLOLOL,

THAT'S a GANGSTA HAT....

YOYOYO,
    WHERE ya FROM? I'll bust a TOOF in yo 'narly asre!

OR?

Snoot dog?

Totally whiskers!