Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Flame Uppydate with pics

Flame Uppydate with pics

Original thread:
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=149220

Uppydate:
    I just had a whole long post with details and pics typed out...and I got the blue screen of death - ugh! I'm running in safe mode now, so I'm going to make this quick before I get BSOD again.

Flame is doing great. He loves his new temporary home and he especially loves the female pit bull dog that has taken over the role of surrogate meowmy to him. He is all clean now that he is safe, warm and fed, and he is growing like a weed.

On to the pics:
    Here he is with surrogate meowmy. You can really see his flame point coloring in this pic.

Not a great pic, but it shows how wiggly he is while being held. He's still unsure about the whole snuggling thing and would rather be zooming around the house rather than getting smoochies.

And a great pic of my sweet little Flame. Oh how I wish we could keep him....

CJ actually gets this very same exact look on his face. If not for the difference in their coloring, I would swear this is CJ.

Flame is a snotty little terror, but everyone in his new temporary home loves him dearly, which is exactly what the little sweetie needs.
    Tubby
    Spring 1986 - Dec. 11, 2004
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    Fall 1988 - Jan. 24, 2007
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012
    RIP Sweet Monkeyhead Girl

He does look like a spitfire! What a handful. I'm so glad he is doing so well in his temp. home. Hope he finds his forever home soon.

Thanks for the update.

From Decker with Love

Aaaww- he sneaks right into my heart. What a cutie boy

What a cutie!! Good job on the rescue.

Smokey, Mystic, Abner

Gabriel (Dude), Gracie, Vegas, and Scarlet

Consider adopting a special needs pet, they deserve a chance too!

RAINBOW BRIDGE BABIES
    Tony 2/15/99
    Tigger 10/16/06
    Tucker 8/1/08

He looks so much like a rescue of mine, RB Whispers, who was also a terror. Thanx for posting pix of this fuzz nugget.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Quote Originally Posted by Tubby & Peanut's Mom View Post

Flame is doing great.
    He loves his new temporary home and he especially loves the female pit bull dog
    that has taken over the role of surrogate meowmy to him.

Flame is a snotty little terror,
    but everyone in his new temporary home loves him dearly ...
    So, WHY is his "new temporary home" only Temporary ??
    He seems to fit like a glove ... why can't he stay?

Maybe the Dawg should hide him behind the couch.

Ummm...wasn't it discovered that Flame was a "she"?

Or did that get reversed again?

BEAUTIFUL kitty! I can see her getting a new home in NO time!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Great update.. It is so nice that the human taking care of him is sending you updates with pictures. He sure is a cute little thing and is going to make a mighty handsome man cat one day.

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

He is so cute, and seems to have settled in his new home... any chance the people can keep him? He gets along so well with the dog. If not, I'm sure someone else will snatch him up in no time.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Him or Her ???

Him or Her ... or aren't we sure?

Quote Originally Posted by Tubby & Peanut's Mom Dec 25th Post) View Post

I heard from the lady who is fostering Flame.
    Turns out SHE is settling in quite nicely.
    She is quite spunky and goes tearing around her room everytime RL (rescue lady) enters the room...

Now all I have to do is give RL my camera for a day or two so we can get some updated pics.

Oops, sorry, I thought I had posted an uppydate on my last uppydate that yes, it was discovered that he is, in fact, a he. The fact that an experienced rescuer was confused just goes to show how young he was when we first got him.

As for temp home becoming forever home, I keep teasing her about that because she has already admitted that he is worming his way into her heart. The reason for that is mainly because she usually has more than one foster so she knows they have company and she doesn't worry about them as much, whereas Flame is all alone so she doesn't like to leave him alone in "his" room, which is why he already has the run of the house. However, she is a firm believer in cats being allowed outdoors (she has several acres up on one of the mountains here in So. California with horses and many other critters) and has a cat flap on her door so they can come and go as they please. She says "light colored" cats have never "done well" there, meaning they end up being lunch for some wild critter because the light coloring does not blend well with the desert landscape, and she just couldn't bear if something like that happened to him, so she insists he be put up for adoption. However.......the longer he is there.....and by golly....just what is that dog going to do if all of a sudden Flame is gone? Think of the dog for crying out loud.
    Tubby
    Spring 1986 - Dec. 11, 2004
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    Fall 1988 - Jan. 24, 2007
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012
    RIP Sweet Monkeyhead Girl

Flame is such a little cutie!
    I still can't believe that you were able to resist keeping him yourself.

If the foster mom needs help finding him a home, she could always contact Siamese Rescue.
    They have a location in Southern California and young kittens like him will get adopted fast by a Siamese lover.
    Here's a link to their website.
    http://cs.siameserescue.org/
    RIP sweet Samantha
    6/26/88-8/28/08
    ----------------------------

Milly & Izzy

I JUST HAVE THE FEELING THAT FLAME AND THAT DOG ARE GOING TO BOND, AND THAT SHE WILL HAVE HERSELF A FURREVER HOME AS THERE ARE NOT MANY ANIMAL LOVERS WHO COULD RESIST THAT FACE!
    SHES A DOLL!!!
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

ADORABLE LITTLE FLAME POINT SIAMESE!!! Well he is standing true of his breed if he stands still long enough to get a bit of loving and he is off to the races its a day in the life around this Meezer house He is a doll great find!

*I've been Boo'd*

What a cute little thing. I'd be a foster failure if I were to take him in.
    Soar high & free my sweet fur angels. I love you Nanook & Raustyk... forever & ever.