Thread: OMG, please help me with words for my friend.

OMG, please help me with words for my friend.

My friends new pup, Annie, just ''ran'' into the sliding glass door, full run and broke her neck and died. She was dead by the time I got there, just seconds after it happend. We took her to the vet and he said she was dead and that it happened instantly and there was no airway he could find to open and nothing he could do. Annie only lived with her 2 months. She was a mix breed from the local shelter. She was 1 yr old. I am just sick and can't stop crying. Our other neighbor came over also and tried to help, but she was already gone. It was no ones fault but what can we say or do for her. She just left now to go to an AA meeting. All I could think to say was that she was saved from the shelter and and had a wonderful but short life and that she REALLY loved her mommy.
    Katz

Money will buy a pretty good dog but it won't buy the wag of his tail. - Josh Billings

IMO, I would suggest that you give her all the support you can, which I'll bet you are. I'd hate to hear that she relapsed after such a shock. Make sure you stress to her that it was an accident. Plain and simple. I can't imagine what a horrible experience it was. Annie may have had a short life, but it was happy and that's what counts.

I have friends who have sliding glass doors and they put decals on them.

I'm so sorry for everyone involved.

I've been Boooo'd!

She was just just a wild little thing. The lace curtains were closed. She just ran. She met our girls just a couple weeks ago and ran with them at the park. Ashlee really liked her. I told her it was not her fault, but as you know, we always blame ourselves. We will get through this, but it will take some time. I'm sure she won't get another dog this time.
    Pleae tell everyone with sliding galss doors to keep an eye on the pups, Annie was young, and just didn't know.
    Katz

Money will buy a pretty good dog but it won't buy the wag of his tail. - Josh Billings

Tell her it wasn't her fault, and that Annie, young as she was, learned all about love while she was there. Someday she will see her again at The Rainbow Bridge, full of exuberance and joy, there she is whole and healed, and in no pain. Tell her that maybe a little child who always wanted a doggie but died needed an angel doggie friend, and that child and Annie will play at The Rainbow Bridge until your friend meets them there.
    I've Been Frosted

Thank you Karen. I'm just getting ready to go to her house this morning and see how the night was. For me and Tom it was a sad and upsetting night. Not much sleep. I'm sure she is a mess.
    This all seems so unreal, like a bad dream.
    Katz

OMG. What an awful story. I am just speechless. I will send thoughts and prayers out to all of you. {{{{{HUGS}}}}}

Rest In Peace Little Annie. Play real hard at the bridge sweetheart.

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

I read this shortly after you posted it last night. But I couldn't bring myself to post. Mainly because I couldn't see my computer screen through the tears.
    Yes, the best thing you can do is to be there for her. Reassure her it was an accident. But mainly just listen, let her talk about Annie.
    Ok, computer screen is getting fuzzy again.......
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

How awful! I think what everyone said about covers it. Prayers and hugs for your friend, and RIP dear Annie.

OMG, what a shock! I can't believe this happened. I'm so sorry for your friend. I hope she is doing OK, although I don't think I would be. How awful for her. I don't really know what to say to her, other then give her support/let her cry etc. I've been through the death of my dog but it certainly wasn't so shocking! That's just an awful freak accident!

(hugs) to her and you!

What a tragedy. I'm so sorry to hear this. You've already been given a lot of good suggestions. Just be there for her like you've been doing. RIP sweet Annie.

OMG. This is so upsetting. I am dog sitting and brought my kitten with me. She keeps running into the plate glass window. I'm all upset. I am going to leave work early to make sure she is okay.

I am so sorry for your friend. What a tragic event. I agree with everyone here, just be there for your friend. My heart goes out to you and your friend.
    I love Fenway, JoJo, Olivia and Nonnie!

Oh how terribly sad this is I would have never thought that a dog could or would break it's neck sliding into the door. This is definitely a warning to everyone.

Please let your friend know she is in our thoughts and prayers.
    (((HUGS)))

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

OMG, how tragic! My sincerest sympathies to her. I hope she will see that it was an accident and not her fault. Poor thing.
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June

I am so very sorry I don't understand why life allowed this to happen but like others have said, it isn't her fault. She saved that pup from a life of hell and gave her love. There's no greater thing than that. I hope she makes it through this alright.

9/3/13
    I did the right thing by setting you free
    But the pain is very deep.
    If only I could turn back time, forever, you I'd keep.
    I miss you

I hear you whimper in your sleep
    I gently pet you and say, no bad dreams
    It will be alright, to my dog as dark as night.

Fur as dark as the night.
    Join me on this flight.
    Paws of love that follow me.
    In my heart you'll forever be.
    [/SIZE]

How I wish I could hold you near.
    Turn back time to make it so.
    Hug you close and never let go.
    11/12/06