Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Your Child Hood Dog

Your Child Hood Dog

So, I was just thinking about the dog I used to have when I was growing up. We had other animals come and go but Roxxy always stayed. We found her when I was 9 yrs old. She was a Pitbull and Boxer mix, but she had more pit in her than boxer. I have so many memories with that dog. My mom had to make the decision to put her to sleep last year because she was having so many problems. She was 13 yrs old. I just thought I'd share a few photos of her and ask you all what your childhood dog was? Please post photos and share!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	old pix025.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	316.3 KB 
ID:	41327   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	old pix048.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	226.4 KB 
ID:	41328   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	old pix049.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	214.6 KB 
ID:	41329   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	old pix050.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	139.7 KB 
ID:	41330  

A red cocker spaniel named Pee-Wee. Later on it was two Airedales, Tinker's Terror (father) and Samantha Nikki (daughter). All wonderful dogs!!

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

My childhood dog was Pepper. He was a Saint Bernard mix. We got him shortly after we moved out to the country. So I was probably about 3 or 4 years old. I remember him running around the backyard and he would run with his butt down to the ground and would spin in circles. LOL
    He lived to be around 12, I think. I never cried when he left us. Until I was in high school and had to write an anthology. I chose to write about Pepper and I bawled my eyes out.
    I'll have to see if I have any pictures of him I could scan and post.
    We have always had dogs, but Pepper was the first I remember and I'll never forget him. EVER.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Awww...I love the first picture. Was that you as a girl? Very cute and the dog was beautiful! I had a few cats growing up...Frisky, Tiger, Biddy-Bop and Pouncer. 2 main dogs, Tug and Thai. I used to take Thai to the school play ground and he would run up the steps and down the slide. He was a German Shepherd mix and lived to be around 15

His name was Tex. We went to the pound to pick out a dog. He had just been admitted, and was looking quite forelorn in the corner. My younger brother & I wanted the very lively larger dog that was jumping all over us, but Dad had fallen for the new guy. They said he was a cocker mix, but now that I know more about dogs, he looked a lot maybe Toller or yellow lab mix. He was really gotten for my brother, but stuck to my mom like glue. He was a lot of fun to play with, and used to drag us across the floor playing tug of war with his Yucky Ducky.

Tanner IS my first pet, other than three fish, we did not know how to take care of them, they died after three days. . We kept them in a bowl, and later Mom read on the internet not to do that. They need filters, tanks, lots of other stuff.

My Sadie is my childhood dog! I've had her since I was six years old!

Kaitlyn (the human)
    Sadie & Rita (Forever in Our Hearts) (the Labbies)

My first dog was a Cocker Spaniel/Beagle mix named Coconut. I was convinced she was the worlds strongest dog. She was a good friend until she was hit by a car.

I also had a Border Collie/Rough Collie mix named Green. I didn't name him. He had a nasty habit of chasing cars. He had a lot of herding instincts in him. He too was hit by a car.
    Owned by two little pastries!

REST IN PEACE GRACIE. NOT A DAY GOES BY THAT I DON'T MISS YOU.

First one was a collie mix and lived till I was 14. After that we always had shepherds.

I hail from South Carolina, but Texas is where I hang my hat :)
    I had a few dogs for short spans growing up, but my childhood dog that I really connected with and he was really all mine...was Bruno. He was a long haired dachshund and cocker spaniel mix. He was the sweetest dog in the world. I've never met another dog with a temperament like his. I got him as a 13-year-old and put him down when I was almost 27. My childhood cat, Dusty, whom I'd gotten as a 10-year-old, died a few months later. I miss my boys!
    The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that is wrong with the world. - Dr. Paul Farmer

Maggie was our first dogs, my parents got her at 8 weeks from an ad in the paper for free.
    We definately had alot of dogs when i was growing up but for some reason no matter what happened she was the one who survived everything and stayed with us(my parents did not take good care of the animals we had when i was a kid)
    She died in Sept. 06 at 14 1/2 yrs old

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    I had a little black mutt for a very short time when I was about 9 years old - his name was Tex and he was born in Texas to my oldest brother's dog (my brother was living in TX at the time). Unfortunately my parents never got him any vaccines and he got distemper and had to be PTS. I was heartbroken, and after that my father vowed to never have another.
    So I never had another dog until I was married - and have never been without at least one ever since. No home is complete without a dog (or cat)!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

This is Jackson. He was my first dog, a family dog really though. He was born in 1986 and died in 1997 from snout cancer. He was the biggest Golden Retriever ever, weighing in at a whopping 130 lbs. at the time of his death. Perhaps we shouldn't have fed him so much Kibbles 'N' Bits, but we didn't know much about dogs when we had him. He was extremely friendly and very gentle with me when I was an infant from what I'm told (I was born in 1985, one year before big Jackson). My Mom always joked he was part moose because of his massive size. He really was one of those special dogs...

Oh Roxxy was gorgeous! I still have my baby. We got him when I was 10. He's actually right here next to me as I type.

Niņo & Eliza