Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CJ's Gotcha Day 1/4/05

Quote Originally Posted by Barbara View Post
    Four years? So it's more than 4 years that Tubby left to Rainbow Bridge?
    Yes, December 11, 2004 was the day the RB had a new blackie arrive, and was one of the worst days of my life. Miss you big boy.

Even though I had seen CJ on petfinder.com before January, we had to wait to get him because we were taking our Christmas vacation - two weeks in the motorhome - and we didn't think it would have been fair to him to pick him up before we left....way too much trauma for one small kitty...not to mention getting to know his new sister in very close quarters....and her getting to know him in the same close quarters....so we decided to wait until we got back.

Turns out it was a good decision because as we were leaving town, I called to get more information on him because Terry was worried he'd be snapped up before we got back. However, fate was on our side and CJ had a little cold, so he was in the infirmary and couldn't be adopted out until he was healthy anyway.

So, the first day in January the shelter was open was January 4th. I remember it was a Monday and we couldn't go until after I got home from work (6:00 pm) and I got lucky and Monday was the one day during the week they were open in the evenings - again fate was on my side. We walked in the door of the shelter, the girl asked if she could help us, we told her we were there to adopt a cat, she started explaining how we could go in the cat room and look around, I told her no, I know which one I want, they put us in a room with him, we said yes, we want him, we signed papers, paid money and went home. The rest is history.

As for the blonde lady, I seem to remember she was a recent California immigrant and was back in Chicago for a few days. Yes, how time flies.

CJ got extra walkies, extra smoochies and extra nummies on his special day, and he seemed to appreciate it because he snuggled with me extra long all night.
    Tubby
    Spring 1986 - Dec. 11, 2004
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    Fall 1988 - Jan. 24, 2007
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012
    RIP Sweet Monkeyhead Girl

Four years already!!! Wow.

Happy Gotcha Day CJ! I'm sure you've already seen more of this country than I have, you lucky cat. Now if your meowmie could just find more time to keep us up to date on your travels.

About Tubby, he was one of the first cats on PT that I had become very "attached" to and his passing hit me like a ton of bricks - just ask my husband. I still have his and Peanuts last Christmas card together.

From Decker with Love

I can't believe it's been four years since you got CJ either!
    He sure is lucky to land in a nice Pet Talk home like yours.
    I really miss Tubby too, I still have a bit of his fur that Barbara had brought over for Samantha when she was visiting Vermont after she visited you.

Time really does fly, it's four months today since I brought Milly & Izzy home.
    They really helped me feel better after Samantha went to the Rainbow Bridge.
    It is amazing how well they fit in here, like they were meant to be here, I really think Samantha helped me find them.
    I've been so busy that I haven't had time to post pictures of them in a while, I better go do that now.
    RIP sweet Samantha
    6/26/88-8/28/08
    ----------------------------

Milly & Izzy