Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Moglie needs prayers...*updated*

Moglie needs prayers...*updated*

A few weeks ago I picked him up and by his backside/tail area was something that looked like a granule of rice. I had remembered my grandma's cat had tapeworm and when she'd sleep, theyd come out and dry up. I said to my bf, "I hope he doesnt have tapeworm' and he replied "Nooo, where the heck would he get that" and I never saw anymore.

Anyway, Thursday, Moglies third eyelid has been up halfway over his eyeball. I picked him up and he had some glitter on his face from rolling in Christmas balls so I figured he got some glitter in his eyes. Then last night, his eyes got worse, hes sneezing, making a funny sound with his mouth, constantly licking of his paws, rubbing his face, biting his back.

I was up all night with him by my pillow praying he'd make it through the night cause I had no idea what was wrong with him.

At 9 I ran him to the vet this morning. She thinks he has a respiratory infection. He has a fever, and she got to look at his eyes.

I have an immuno booster and antibiotics for him, and she hands me a tapeworm dewormer and says "Tapeworms can also cause the third eyelit to well up like that too, so after he starts feeling better, put this on his back just in case"

So now we think he had the tapeworm, and picked up a little virus and the tapeworm reared its head because he's ill.

Please pray my liitle man gets better.

Hes still playing and eating and the doctor said that was very good.

Intestinal parasites, especially tape worms, are caused when the cat grooms himself and licks the larvae (from flies or fleas) ingesting them. "Grains of moving white rice" near the butt are the symptoms, but is not considered life threatening. The third eyelid appearing is a sign of an underlying problem, such as an upper respiratory infection.

You did the right thing by bringing Moglie to the vet. Sounds like he's on the road to recovery. Keep us posted.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

I hope so! Thanks. They also loaded his back up with fluids. Right now he is out like a light.

That's good that you took Moglie to the vet right away. Prayers that he will soon be up and about and back in good form!
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

It is always so scary when the furkids take sick, they can't tell us "where it hurts." I am glad you got him in to the vet. Prayers for a quick recovery!

They can get quick SO fast but you responded fast and got him to the vet. Hopefully, the meds will fix him right up and he will bounch back to normal soon

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

Certainly Our PRAYERS are coming for your Little Pal Moglie, that Your white Coat can put him back on the road to health.
    Its so sad and takes a lot out of us when Our Fur Companions are ill, its such a helpless feeling.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Yes, it is a very good thing that you took Moglie to the vet!!! Hope he feels better soon! And prayers for him,too...

Moglie is one lucky kitty having you to care for him! Many prayers are already being prayed that the treatment will work and Moglie will be good as new in no time! Sending your lovemuffin tons of feel better lovies
    FIND A PURPOSE IN LIFE.....BE A BAD EXAMPLE

Thanks everyone! I dont think he slept a wink last night. He usually sleeps with me, but he was up sneezing and wheezing and scratching all night. His temp at the vet was 103.5.

Finally this afternoon he laid down on my chair cushions and hes been out for a few hours, without sneezing or anything, so I think hes getting some good rest with that medicine in him.

Ive had cats my whole life, and Ive never seen that 3rd eyelid do that! I thought the poor thing had something in his eyes, I didnt know it meant he had a fever.

Paws and fingers crossed for Moglie.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Good news!!! Moglie woke up and ate a whole can of food, and then he wanted more, rubbing my leg and purring.....and then I was sitting on the couch and he jumped up all crazy and started playing/eating my hair! I can tell my little pumpkin feels better.

The twitching is gone but he is still sneezing a little.

That is GREAT news!

Be sure to keep up the meds, right to the end. HUGS to both of you!

Prays are being sent that Moglie will soon be feeling better.

It's so hard to watch our guys be sick.

Melissa

Well today I need some help. I woke up this morning next to him, and these stains on the bed. They looked like mud but no one had let the dogs out, and they dont smell.

Moglie gets up and jumps off my bed and right before he does.....squirt squirt. Now he has diarhea, that when he jumps off of something or sits, is leaking out. It happened a few times. Other then that his eyes are completely cleared up, he is still eating, no sneezing and he isnt legarthic at all.

Does anyone think maybe the medicine gave him the runs? Should I be going back to the vet?

They gave me Clavamox and they had put Interferon in it to boost his immune system.