Thread: Changing Microchip info?

Hybrid View

Changing Microchip info?

Does anyone know anything about changing Microchip info? When i got my boys that man i got them from said they were chipped at the shelter he got them from. I asked him for the info about it and he had no clue. I guess th shelter told him the info was the shelters and they would contact him if they were found. So if i take them to a vet with a reader can they give me the info i need to change the info? Sorry this was so long.
    Thank you

I don't know... I think some shelters won't let you change it, you just have to give them YOUR information..

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

I sure hope someone has the answer to this. Edwina was chipped when we got her 12 years ago and we have moved twice. She isn't likely to run off anywhere but I would still like to know.

www.eidap.com is the registry I have used in the past to change microchip information on Eve.

I can't remember if this site is for just Canada or for Canada and the US. It is possible that the people at Eidap Inc. can direct you.

Good luck!
    Yours in Whiskers

I'm not young enough to know everything.

"The Best Mirror is an Old Friend"

“The secret of what is small is the secret of clear-sightedness; the guarding of what is soft and tender is the secret of strength.”

• Lao Tzu

My dogs are chipped with different companies. I went online to update my info after I got Taggart from the shelter and after I got Zoee done. I was able to add pictures to the page as well.
    I believe they can tell you what "brand" of chip you have when they scan at the vet. When I had them check Taggarts she asked "HomeAgain?" and that's what his is. I haven't had Zoee's checked yet but might do that tomorrow. I'll let you know if they can tell what company, then you could just go online. Although they might need the number. There should be some kind of security so not just anyone can change info though. The previous owner probably should have changed it to your name.
    I'll ask when I get Zoee's checked though and let you know what I find out. If someone else doesn't have an answer for you before that.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Thank you so much. The chances of them getting out are slim( i live on the 3rd floor of and aparment building) but i just want to be sure. Im not even sure if the guy i got them from even informed the shelter that he gave them away. im just afraid if they get back to the shelter i would never get them back