Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: It is not nice outside!!

It is not nice outside!!

According to the thermometer in the jeep it is -38 outside, and the Jeep dosent want to start.
    I have a HUGE SIG!!!!

My Dogs. Erp the Cat.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Jefferson
    Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry.

Oh, that's not good. Do you have someone who can jump start your Jeep? I'd be happy to -- even have jumper cables, but I"m kinda far away.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Poor Jeep! Got a warming blanket you can drape over the hood?
    I've Been Frosted

Aww cripes! You don't have a block heater for it? :-( that totally stinks...

I have my charger on the battery and Im waiting for the booster to charge.

Karen, if I had an electric blanket I would put it out there.

I really do need to get a bottle and oil pan heaters on that thing.
    I have a HUGE SIG!!!!

My Dogs. Erp the Cat.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Jefferson
    Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry.

Yeah, we don't often get temperatures THAT bad here, but I know of instances where a tarp and electric blanket have come quite in handy. That and a LONG extension cord ...
    I've Been Frosted

OMG.. that's when you just say the heck with it and stay inside!!!

we've been checking the temps in alaska too. my daughter will be leaving for elmendorf AFB on jan 6th for 36 months. good thing a michigan winter is a pretty good primer for that! LOL!
    "The best and most beautiful things cannot be seen or touched - they must be felt with the heart." ~~ Helen Keller
    ------------------------------------------------
    Chuck (rb) meowmie misses you!

------------------------------------------------

thanks kittycats_delights for the sig!

well it's 36 degrees right now, and like your jeep i don't want to start either...and yet that J-O-B requires me too. *sigh* see you after 9pm
    joyce who has princess peanut, spokesdog for the catpack, mojo, magic, kira and squirty, members of the catpack, angel duke, a good dog who is missed and angel alex the wonder dog, handsome prince.

Quote Originally Posted by blue View Post
    it is -38 outside
    Wow! I believe the coldest temp on record here in my lifetime, was -22. I remember that night and it doesn't happen often. I can handle the cold, just not that cold!
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

i just did the math....74 dergees difference...wowsa
    joyce who has princess peanut, spokesdog for the catpack, mojo, magic, kira and squirty, members of the catpack, angel duke, a good dog who is missed and angel alex the wonder dog, handsome prince.

I'm all for staying inside!!! It's -24oC here this morning. But the wind chill makes it feel like -38oC. Brrrrrrrrr!!!!!!
    Gayle - self proclaimed Queen of Poop
    Mommy to: Cali (14 year old kitten)
    (RB furbabies: Rascal RB 10/11/03 (ferret), Sami RB 24/02/04 (dog), Trouble RB 10/08/05 (ferret), Miko RB 20/01/06 (ferret) and Sebastian RB 12/12/06(ferret), Sasha RB 17/10/09 (border collie cross), Diego RB 04/12/21

I'm taking Murphy to the vet this morning to have her thyroid tested and will pick up stuff while out. I'll be back in my jammies before "All My Children" comes on. It's FREEZING here!!

Aki,

I found the Michigan winters aren't any different than the ones in CT. At least when it's cold and snowy here I can go visit my daughter or best friend. Couldn't do that in MI. Stay warm!!

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

I don't do THAT kind of cold! I would be so miserable I would be in tears!!!

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

Blue,

I grew up in the prairies and know what cold is but -38 is just not civilized? Hope you have a good warm parka and please don't expose those ears that could hurt big time !!! I lived in a full length sheepskin coat (complete with hood) and muskrat mittens during the winter - looked silly but who cares

Good luck with the Jeep Them square tires can be a little disgruntling at times
    Yours in Whiskers

I'm not young enough to know everything.

"The Best Mirror is an Old Friend"

“The secret of what is small is the secret of clear-sightedness; the guarding of what is soft and tender is the secret of strength.”

• Lao Tzu