Thread: Poor Luna is hiding!

Poor Luna is hiding!

She's so scared of the fireworks outside. The new year has just started here, and as usual, people started with the fireworks hours ago. She was such a brave girl and even came out a couple of times, but at midnight, the world went crazy out there to welcome the new year, and now my poor girl is hiding behind the sofa, and she's so scared. The same procedure as every year... *sigh*

Wishing a safe and peaceful beginning of the new year to all PT pets, and their humans...

Kirsten

Awww, poor Luna. It will be over soon honey.

Happy New Year to you!!! I've still got 8 1/2 hours to go to the New Year. I'm still at work.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Poor girl! The year has just started here too, but we had only a few fireworks. These last years we've been living in a very small village and nothing happened but this year I was afraid of it, living in the city. It seems that our neighours are pretty quiet.

AS LONG AS ITS JUST TEMPORARY , KIRSTEN AND WE ARE SURE THAT LUNA WILL BE OUT AND ABOUT SOON.
    SADLY MY BO BO THE ELDEST MEEZERS HIDING ALMOST ALL THE TIME, AND IS LOSING WEIGHT.
    I GUESS ANOTHER PHONE CALL TO THE VET IN THE NEW YEAR.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

We still have 6 hours to go and they are popping around us.. I have 4 nervous girls here at my house and am dreading the midnight hour...

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

Poor babies! Living in an apartment, 14 floors up, the fireworks around here aren't very loud thank goodness.

Please give your furbabies a kiss from me.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

Fireworks are getting more and more each year. While people used to buy 10 rockets they now buy 70 shot batteries. Even in our small village it took from midnight until half past- it used to be ten minutes before everyone had fired their ammunition
    Tigris was under the bed and Filou didn't care. I am sorry for all the poor outdoor animals.
    We don't have firework anymore - because of the animals. But I must say that 20 years ago when we did it it was a lot of fun.

And the funny thing is that a lot of the people who buy these fireworks are the same eople who are always complaining about the high cost of groceries, gas etc and buy thier Pets he no name Pet Food , which is mostly cereal.
    Some people sure have thier spending priorities mixed up.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Yes, same procedure as last year. I'm sorry Luna was so scared - and I alao thought of the poor animals outside - no where to hide.

We had a few unexpected bombs round dinnertime, and Fister crept along the floor. Then it was quiet for a few hours. After 24.00, all hell broke loose and it continued until after 1.00

I live 10 min. from the Town Hall square, and in my area (Nørrebro... Nørrebronx some call it) we had all the kinds of fireworks you can think of.

I had put a box on my bed with blankets around to cover for the noise, and Fister did go in there, but during the worst he was outside. Silly boy! I saw him one time jump a few inches from my bed when a bomb went off.

Fister was brave though, he went up in the windowsill once or twice and looked at the rackets with huge eyes, but soon came down. I'm glad I had some extra rubber thingies put on my windows this summer, they take some of the noise.

I had also put a bowl of water and some treats in my bathroom (the quietest place) but he didn't want to stay there.

I'll go for a walk now, and after, I'll post a picture of Fister's little cave.

Happy New Year to you all, and your pets!

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Ok, I got the pics transfrered, so here's Fister's New Year 's Eve box. I found him inside when I just came back, so I'll leave it for a few days. He must feel safe there.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Fisters-NY's-box.08.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	71.8 KB 
ID:	41278   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	NY's-box-08.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	61.1 KB 
ID:	41279   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	F-in-cave-08.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	89.1 KB 
ID:	41280  

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Randi, what a great idea! That box looks so comfy and warm!

I put a blanket onto the floor behind the sofa where Luna is usually hiding, but while hell broke loose, she was sitting NEXT to it, paralized with fear. But at 1 am, she came out and even ate a bit, when she heard that Lily was eating her meal. I was so proud of her!

But guess what? Now she decided that the blanket in her hiding space makes a great sleeping place, and she's spending there most of her time today - not because she's still scared, but because she seems to like the place!

Quote Originally Posted by catmandu
    And the funny thing is that a lot of the people who buy these fireworks are the same eople who are always complaining about the high cost of groceries, gas etc
    Exactly!! Same here! It's those who live on welfare that seem to spend tons of money on fireworks. Strange!

Gary, I hope your Bo Bo will be alright!
    Quote Originally Posted by Barbara
    While people used to buy 10 rockets they now buy 70 shot batteries.
    Yep, that's exactly the way it is! I'm really feeling sorry for all the animals out there!

Kirsten

Awwww, Luna. Cassie Cat can relate -- she went straight under the bed last night when the fireworks started popping. You pulled one over on your meowmie when she placed a blanket in your hiding spot, didn't you! Thank you, Meowmie!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Luckily my kitties were not phased by the fireworks but I know the raccoons and the nutrieas (sp?) were really freaked out outside . Poor wild critters didn't know what was going on!

Poor, sweet Luna! I'm so sorry to hear about how frightened and upset you were with those noisy fireworks. But you know that your Meowmie loves you very much and would never allow anything to hurt you or Lily. On our street the only thing was some kids pounding trash can lids together. I read that you found a great new hidey spot with a warm, comfy blanket too.

Wishing you, Lily and your Meowmie the very best that the New Year has to offer!!!!!

Please ask Meowmie to give you and Lily lots of scritchies and lovies from Me?
    FIND A PURPOSE IN LIFE.....BE A BAD EXAMPLE