Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Please keep your fingers crossed...David signed the papers!

I hail from South Carolina, but Texas is where I hang my hat :)

Please keep your fingers crossed...David signed the papers!

David (my boyfriend) made an offer on a piece of land about two hours east of Fort Worth, where we're living now. It's a little over 5 acres, and it's part of a lake community. There's water on the lot we like, but doesn't connect to the lake yet. But, the lake is only a short walk away, and you can see it from the highest spot on the lot. It's gorgeous, and so serene. We viewed it a couple weekends ago, and I really hope it pans out for us. If it doesn't, it wasn't meant to be, but I really hope it is. So, yeah...if you get a spare moment, just throw a prayer out there for us that it works out.
    Last edited by finn's mom; 12-30-2008 at 05:11 PM.
    The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that is wrong with the world. - Dr. Paul Farmer

Prayers going up right now. Expect a blessing. And Keep the Faythe.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Good luck!!!! But in return for my good thoughts I want promises of lots of pics of the dogs enjoying all the space.

*Thanks Ashley*

Quote Originally Posted by Shelteez2 View Post
    Good luck!!!! But in return for my good thoughts I want promises of lots of pics of the dogs enjoying all the space.
    Oh, absolutely! They will LOVE it! A little over an acre is open, but the rest is wooded, but not so tightly that they can't run around and explore. There's a creek right at the back, too...it's got a lot of potential! At some point, we would dig out a pond, connecting to the creek! It's so pretty out there, and we saw deer tracks in one spot in the yard. Whee!!!! ANd, we'd only have one neighbor, too.
    The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that is wrong with the world. - Dr. Paul Farmer

Prayers sent!
    I've Been Frosted

Best of Luck & yes for exchange of some pics please..

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

Awwww, this is great, Kari. You know you can count on me for prayers. I am wishing you all the best in this.

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

Keeping paws and fingers crossed that the land and serenity will be yours!!

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

That sounds like the perfect place!!! Good luck to you guys!
    I will be hoping like mad that you get it.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Thanks, guys! I am excited about it, but know that it may not happen for us. It'll happen when it's right, I'm not worrying about it, as that doesn't help at all. But, it would be really really nice, and the place is so neat.

The lake is small there, but good for fishing and for Finn to play in. Also good for boat rides, and they even have pontoon boats you can "check out" for free. We have a little speed type boat, so that is really cool. There's a big lake about fifteen to twenty minutes down the road, too, for more fun stuff, like tubing and skiing. They also have a gorgeous community pool overlooking the lake.

You can have one horse per 2 acres, and the entire place (all 1150 acres) is open for riding (as long as it's not someone's personal acreage, of course). They also have a riding arena open to anyone who lives there. It's not completely enclosed, but there's a roof.

Right next to the property is a wildlife preserve, we saw some elk the day we visited! And, about two miles down the road, there's a botanical garden. The college campus is in town, too. It's a great location!

ooh Kari is sounds wonderful, all paws and fingers crossed here that you get the piece of land you want, i gather you are thinking of building your dream home there, any pics? good luck.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

We are planning to build a home there. It's not a for sure thing that it'll be our forever home, but it'll be a good home for as long as we want it to be, or as long as God will allow it to be. David got his loan approved, just waiting to hear back from the community guide about the offer we made him.

Looks really good for us getting the land! I'm crazy excited! The gentleman from the property called and we settled on a price, woo hoo! Just gotta fill out the final paperwork and it will be a done deal! I can't believe everything that's happening right now! 2009 will sure be a busy year for us!

New baby, new home! What a year 2009 will be for you!

Congratulations all around!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Woo Hoo!! This is so exciting for you guys.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)