Thread: My Little Pink Princess.

My Little Pink Princess.

Garber had surgery yesterday to remove a tumor on his back. He got to come home the same day - decked out in a pretty pink get-up. Since then I have be referring to my big guy as "Princess".
    Haha! Am I a rotten owner or what?

Don't worry! I am spoiling my Princess with plenty of yogies - which, might I add, are pink as well. ;-)
    Oh, oh, and get this! When I peaked under the bandage I was delighted to find that he has pretty pink stitches to match his bandages. Gosh, with this sudden escalation of pink you don't know how tempted I am to go all-out: pink hammocks, pink food bowls, maybe even a pink bow tied to the end of his tail.

I figure it is a good thing that rats are colorblind.. or else he might have some damage to his ego (...or I might have a rat wanting to escape from his cage to gnaw my jugular vein in half).

When he arrived home after his surgery I was surprised to see that he was able to climb up to this usual sleeping spot (pictured below). It is located at the highest spot in his cage and would be tricky for most rats to maneuver into... not to mention it is obvious that Garb outgrew that napping place long ago.

In a week Princess gets to go back for a checkup and to get his stitches out. The doc says that there is a chance a tumor might return; so good vibes are really appreciated!
    He is 2 1/2 years old and better make it to his 3rd Birthday!

(Please excuse the mess! After I took this picture I noticed how cruddy it looked and cleaned it.)

What a manly pink man, lol. Like they say only real men wear pink.

|Dashing Hamsters|

Slave To:
    Sam-Dog
    Lumiel-Hamsters
    Midnight, Ginny, Kiona, & Eevie-Cats

Garber you are a real man!

Garber looks good in pink! Pawsitive thoughts that he has a speedy recovery and that the tumor doen't come back.
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

Haha, he really has outgrown that sleeping spot. Here's hoping for a speedy recover and no reappearance of the tumor.
    "There are two things which cannot be attacked in front: ignorance and narrow-mindedness. They can only be shaken by the simple development of the contrary qualities. They will not bear discussion."

Lord John Emerich Edward Dalberg Acton

Thanks.

We cut his wrap off today as it was becoming quite uncomfortable for him. I have noticed he is not eating quite as much and was a bit unsteady on his feet this morning. Luckily I had some Nutri-Cal on hand from when Frisk was sick. I force-fed him a bit and he is showing some progress.

Hopefully he starts eating like a pig again soon!

hehe...that is a cute outfit.

how is he doing now?

thanks k9krazee for the signature!

Quote Originally Posted by vinjashira View Post
    how is he doing now?
    He is doing great, thanks for asking. His stitches were removed around a week ago and he is back to his old, plump self.