Thread: Cat Dancers?

Cat Dancers?

I saw parts of this on HBO and then finally watched the whole program.

It's a documentary about a couple who start off as dancers, then incorporate panthers, tigers and other cats into their routine. It ends on a kind of predictable/unpredictable note.

It was a rather bizarre story. The man who was the last of the three people of the group-The Can Dancers- was a rather eccentric and tragic figure in the film.

A really bad decision on his part led up to the 'breaking' up of the show/troupe. I watched it for the animals, but the people in it were the other half of the story.

It's a real lesson and an insight to the people who put animals 'on parade' for the masses and why it's not really a great occupation to follow.

Beautiful animals, strange and tragic story, Check it out!
    The secret of life is nothing at all
    -faith hill

Hey you, don't tell me there's no hope at all -
    Together we stand
    Divided we fall.

I laugh, therefore? I am.

No humans were hurt during the posting of this message.

RICHARD,

I think anyone who screws with the "big cats" has a death wish.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Richard
    I saw this documentary this past weekend. It left me a little unsettled, mostly because of Ron and how much pain he still has......I felt bad for the few animals that were left that met an untimely ending. I'm actually surprised that Ron is still living, and hasn't harmed himself.

Quote Originally Posted by 3Catcondo View Post
    Richard
    I saw this documentary this past weekend. It left me a little unsettled, mostly because of Ron and how much pain he still has......I felt bad for the few animals that were left that met an untimely ending. I'm actually surprised that Ron is still living, and hasn't harmed himself.
    It bugged me too.

I was bummed about the two cats outcome and really hated the way that the cat-Jupiter- met his end.

Yeah, it was obvious he was still upset about the decision about the albino cat.......He knew that there was a possibility that the cat was not a cat that would fit into the show or being 'domesticated'. And it must be heck living with that decision.

It was a offbeat film and even tho it ends on a real downer, very interesting!