Thread: DaVinci has stomatitis

DaVinci has stomatitis

Poor DaVinci. He had some teeth pulled about 8 months ago but he's having problems again. This time he shows signs of stomatitis. He has a LOT of swelling, but thankfully no infection (yet. vet said he would get infected with time due to the swelling)

So he got a depo (steroid) injection today to reduce the swelling. And then he'll go in and have a good majority of his teeth pulled.

He'll feel so much better when this is over, and mabye gain some weight back. He is holding at 9 lbs 12 oz, but for him this is actually underweight.

Maybe he'll pose for some photos soon, as he starts to feel better from the depo.

I'm sorry to hear about this. With Filou and Tigris both needing tooth cleaning from time to time I was always afraid it would end up with stomatitis. Hope you get it under control.

Oh no, not another one. I'm sorry. I sure hope the shot gives him some relief and he feels like eating more.

The vet said Scout has it so I'm getting my first experience with it. She's scheduled to have her first dental on Feb. 5. They will decided then if her right upper canine will have to be pulled where it grew out from an abscess. It is still a bit loose so I bet they will pull it.

It sure seems like teeth issues are becoming more common with cats. Wonder what is up? Something in their diet or lacking maybe.

From Decker with Love

I sure hope DaVinci is feeling better very soon, poor baby.

RIP Dusty July 2 2007 RIP Sabrina June 16 2011 RIP Jack July 2 2013 RIP Bear July 5 2016 RIP Pooky June 23 2018. RIP Josh July 6 2019 RIP Cami January 6 2022

Quote Originally Posted by jazzcat View Post
    It sure seems like teeth issues are becoming more common with cats. Wonder what is up? Something in their diet or lacking maybe.
    I was wondering the same thing. Guess I've been lucky w/that, at least.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

I'm so sorry to hear this. I hope that the depo shot helps to make him feel better.

I know that some cat breeds just have poor teeth. I know that Abys are known for this so I'm hoping that since my Sunny is only an Aby mix that he'll avoid this. I think that some Siamese breeds do too. Hopefully my siamese mixes will avoid this too.