Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My "sled dogs" <pics/videos>

My "sled dogs" <pics/videos>

I bought myself and the dogs a little kicksled for Christmas. We've been having a blast with it so far. I meant to order dog sled harnesses too before it arrived but I haven't had a chance so I've used their normal harnesses. I have no idea what I'm doing, but we're having fun.

On Friday I went with my friend and her two dogs Lady (german shorthair) and Vash (corgi). We attached Lady to the sled and let Vash run along with it, he kept up well for such a short legged dog!
    Here is a video of just the huskies and I before we hooked up Lady
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=em2HAQ1x2fo
    This is a video of all three
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mYAtDroHiW4
    Some photos...
    On the way back, they were tired

Stopping to rest

These are from today, my parents went walking too they had Skya and Sydney. We hooked Skya up for a little while just to see how she liked it, she ran right with them and did very well.

Group shot

Bad pic of me

This cracks me up...that is my mom...obviously it freaked her out a little bit lol.

Oh boy, I can see your next great adventure thread coming! j/k Thats looks like fun!
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

Great job, Sled Dogs Skya, Keva, Nebo and hello, Lady and Vash! Syd, you get to be in the picture too and just be beautiful! Hugs, hugs, hugs all around!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Great shots Amy. Looks like they are loving it! I'm sure they will get the hang of it real quick. I wish we had more snow here more often.... I'd get a sled in a heartbeat.
    Soar high & free my sweet fur angels. I love you Nanook & Raustyk... forever & ever.

Wow that is way too fun I love the picture of Sid in the kicksled what a smart lil pupper he is
    Yours in Whiskers

I'm not young enough to know everything.

"The Best Mirror is an Old Friend"

“The secret of what is small is the secret of clear-sightedness; the guarding of what is soft and tender is the secret of strength.”

• Lao Tzu

Wow, Amy awesome pics! HOW much fun is that LOL. I would love to have dogs to pull my sled like that. Do they actually know the commands to stop and go? Nebo and Keva are making their ancestors proud and Lady is probably the first Pointer ever to pull a sled. They did awesome! Good job, Vash!

How fun!!!! That looks like a blast for the humans and the puppers.
    Shannon, Boomer, and Sooner

Quote Originally Posted by Alysser View Post
    Wow, Amy awesome pics! HOW much fun is that LOL. I would love to have dogs to pull my sled like that. Do they actually know the commands to stop and go? Nebo and Keva are making their ancestors proud and Lady is probably the first Pointer ever to pull a sled. They did awesome! Good job, Vash!
    Quite the contrary actually. A huge majority of sprint racing sled dogs are pointer mixes and some are pure pointers.

Oh Cinder, Smokey ...

WoW!!
    NEET-O!!

Wonder what Zipp & Zopp would think about that?

They'd prolly insist on getting Union cards so they chould charge scale rate.

And I picture Mini-Mutt riding on the seat - *Yipp-Yappin* for all she's worth!

Amy - Where'd you buy the Kicksled?

I keep meaning to get harnesses for the Hellions to try something like that using either my teleboard or monoski instead of a sled.

Thanks for the pics.
    I have a HUGE SIG!!!!

My Dogs. Erp the Cat.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Jefferson
    Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry.

I'm so glad you got the sled!! Great pictures and video. That looks like so much fun.
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June

Well, I just woke up from a much needed nap, and I dreamed that I was in my yard and there were Nebo, Keva, and Skya napping in the bushes.....Then you walked up with your sled.....then I woke up!! All I have to say is that was one long sledding trip from Utah to Dallas!!!!
    Shannon, Boomer, and Sooner

That looks like fun, But after looking at your mom's face I was wondering how dangerous it would be? Is this something anyone can try or do you need to train first? And where would you buy the sled, I've never seen any around here.

Amy that is so awesome now you have your own sled dog team. It looks very fun and a great way to excersize your pups! Of course they are all gorgeous as always and it looks like Vash and Lady did pretty well, too they're pretty cute!
    Krista- owned by Rudy, Dixie, Miagi & Angel

Rocky, Jenny, Ginger Buster & Tiger .. forever loved & always in my heart..

Wow, what fun! But I would be like your mom, scared out of my wits. Like how do I get them to stop? No, No not towards that tree!

I never heard of a kick sled - but it sure looks like fun for both the dogs and you - and what a great way to exercise them. Thanks for sharing.

"That they may have a little peace, even the best
    dogs are compelled to snarl occasionally."
    --William Feather