Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: what are you doing for New Years?

what are you doing for New Years?

What is everyone doing for New Years?

My family and I rented out the bowling ally for us and a bunch of our friends.
    Owned by two little pastries!

REST IN PEACE GRACIE. NOT A DAY GOES BY THAT I DON'T MISS YOU.

Every year since 2 years ago, I have a new years eve party/sleepover. A few of my friends come over and sleepover.

Going nowhere, doing nothing. Fine with me!! 2009 is coming whether I'm asleep or awake. Why waste sleep over it??

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

We have always had Chinese food for New Year's Eve, for over 30 years. Now, we just go a bit earlier to accomodate my Dad.

On New Year's Day, I always love to watch the Rose Bowl Parade. The amazing floats, the ideas, what they can do with flowers, is always amazing and lovely.

Then, weather permitting, we also go to the Zoo, as it is always free admission on New Year's Day. As it is winter, you get to see some animals which are hiding in the summer heat. Like the Arctic Foxes, they are adorable!

Last few years we've sat home. This year we might be going to my parents to play cards. We always have a blast with them! If by some chance we don't go, we'll just sit home with the furkids.
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    Pretty dull - but staying home where it's SAFE!!! Just the family - and we'll do the usual - have munchies and watch movies or play board games. They'll watch the ball drop - and if I manage to stay awake till then - I'll do the same!!!
    And for all of you that will travel the roads and go out to celebrate - PLEASE be careful. I just know that you'll all be sensible and responsible (), but please watch out for the ones that aren't!
    I wish you all a very safe and happy and healthy New Year!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

My New Years nights have been getting a little duller each year as I age. lol This year however we probably won't be going anywhere or doing much of anything. I was just diagnosed yesterday with pericarditis. The doctors say I have to take it easy until I heal... which is usually a couple weeks to a few months. We'll probably eat a nice dinner or something and relax.
    Soar high & free my sweet fur angels. I love you Nanook & Raustyk... forever & ever.

As of now, staying home. Might go to church for 11 PM communion service.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Getting ready for Christmas!

We will have Christmas on January 3rd this year with my family at my sister's house - Lady and her humans are heading East to be there, and our nephew is flying in from San Diego (he's in the Navy) so the whole (loud, boisterous) gang will be there!
    I've Been Frosted

Bruce will be working a gig (he runs sound for a band) at a local "dive" bar. He wants me to go with him, but I'm just not sure yet. I might head over there closer to midnight so I can at least be with him at that time. But I guess I'll just be kicking it with my mini-zoo here at home.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

I'm working New Years eve. I'm supposed to be off at 11-11:30 but I'll be busing home due to the snow.. so I'll probably be sitting on a bus when midnight strikes. Joy..

Kai [Sheltie], Kaedyn [Sheltie], Keeva [Malinois], Kwik [Malinois]

What I dream of doing is have dinner with a good looking man, go out and do some dancing and welcome in the new year in Jackson Square in New Orleans.. But then I wake up and realize, that ain't gonna happen so I'll settle for being here with my fur kids and welcoming the new year here with them and HOPE I won't have to be making my way to some boat on the Mississippi River to go to WORK on New Years Eve!

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

I'll be home, trying to stay up until midnight!! HA.....Too dangerous to be out after midnight....too many drunk drivers......
    Shannon, Boomer, and Sooner

My boyfriend and I are going out to his Grandparents house to play cards with them and his Great Aunt and Uncle. I'm excited!

Ashley & Crossbone ("mini ACD")
    Living with my parent's: Jack (Lab/Beagle), Micki & Mini (JRTS)
    RIP Kyra: 07/11/04 - 11/3/12; Shadow: 4/2/96 - 3/17/08

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    Getting ready for Christmas!

We will have Christmas on January 3rd this year with my family at my sister's house - Lady and her humans are heading East to be there, and our nephew is flying in from San Diego (he's in the Navy) so the whole (loud, boisterous) gang will be there!
    You can celebrate my birthday while you're there
    Soar high & free my sweet fur angels. I love you Nanook & Raustyk... forever & ever.