Thread: Shelly

Shelly

You're sure a cutie Shelly! At first I thought you were a Christmas ornament! Congratulations on being POTD!
    I hope you're having a fun day!
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

Shelly, I've only had you for like 2 months but you're a great edition to the family! LOL, this is so cute.

Shelly what a cutie you are!!!

I think you are the first hermit crab potd EVER! on PT!!
    Thank you from taking time from your busy schedule of munching to pose for a Christmas pic for us!!! I hope you enjoy your special day today.

Congratulations, sweetie, on being our special Pet of the Day!!!
    No matter what anyone does, someone some where will be offended some how!!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    MY BLESSINGS:
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Grandma (RB), Chester, Angel, Chip

Leonardo (RB), Luke (RB), Winnie, Chuck,

Frankie

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    WHERE YOU ARE IS WHERE YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Oh Shelly, you're so cute. It's always fun to see one of the Pet Talk pets as POTD too! Congratulations!
    - Kari
    skin kids- Nathan, Topher, & Lilla

Greetings Shelly! Happy Pet of the Day to you, cutie! You sure do make the cutest Christmas ornament Shelly, and the first "live" ornament I've ever laid eyes on! Just wondering if you actually climbed up there on your own! I've met many a hermit crab at the beach, but have never had the pleasure of having one as a companion! You're so packed with personality Shelly, and your person is one lucky soul, having a friend as unique, as beautiful, as captivating as you! Congratulations on your much deserved day in the spotlight, and thanks for the smiles, Shelly! Hope you're spending lots of time out of your shell today, enjoying a very special Pet of the Day with your proud person!

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Congrats Shelly on POTD.You are a cute little crab and I know Alysser is very proud of you
    Nikki[human],Zippy[tabby],and Pumpkin[orange tabby]
    Rest in Peace my Sweet Hammie Zoey
    Jan 1,09-March 26,2010

Shelly

HELLO TO OUR PET OF THE DAY-SHELLY! HUGS AND KISSES TO A SWEET AND PRETTY CRABI WISH YOU A GREAT HOLIDAY SEASON AND A COOL '09 AS WELL! GOD LOVE A CRAB!!!!!SUSANSWATLIN518

Shelly, I just read this thread and realized you are a PT pet! Alysser, what do hermit crabs eat? How did Shelly do being placed on the Christmas tree for this photo, did you have to put her right back in the water afterward? Are some types of hermit crabs just more active than others? (I obviously know nothing about hermit crabs; can you tell?!)

Shelly, happy Pet of the Day and Merry Christmas to you! I wish you a long and happy life with your caring person Alysser!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Silly, Sweet, Sassy Shelby

Silly, Sweet, Sassy, Daring, Loving.. all in one little Ms. Shelby Hermit Crab!

I don't think I've ever seen a hermit crab as PotD..or I don't think I ever have saw one. But none the less, you are so cute.. you're like a little brand new Crab ornament. The most pretty ornament of all, that is!

So you like being held huh? It reminds me of my little kitty Princess. Anyway, congratulations on being our special, special, SPECIAL little crab PotD of the day. You are so adorable.. and you keep on eating. Heehee, yummy food huh?

LOL, thanks guys, and thanks Karen and Paul for making my Shelly POTD. W appreciate the comments.

Cassiesmom, Hermit crabs can eat a variety of things ranging from commercial hermit crab food to cheerios to roast beef. My three eat cucumbers, lettuce, cheerios, carrot bits, apple slices, and sometimes a small bit of roast beef. Hermit crabs don't live in water contrary to popular belief, some species do actually but not the type sold in Petstores. Mine actually don't like water except Shelly she is the only one who doesn't panic when I give them baths. Yes, some hermit crabs don't like being held and are not active, my other two aren't that active. Bruce is semi-active, Otto never comes out, and Shelly never sits still LOL. Crabs have their own personalities just like dogs and cats.