Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What did you GIVE?

What did you GIVE?

Really, where is the spirit of Christmas if you don't give, right?
    Even if it wasn't much I believe every little thing counts.

This year I gave...
    - One of the clubs at my school was collecting socks to give to the elderly at a local nursing home. I bought around $50 worth of socks to donate.

- My mum, sister, and I bought $300 worth of canned food for the local food drive.

- Tomorrow I am going to donate some money to NAFA in honor of Frisk. I haven't decided on the amount.

- For my mum I got her old clock fixed. It is a beautiful old clock that my dad and his friend hand-made around 20 years ago. It had broken years back and we had never gotten around to fixing it. I took it to a clock shop about an hour away and they fixed it right up. My mum's reaction was the best... I didn't know the clock meant that much to her!

-For my sister I am in the process of painting a picture of Skylar for her. I wish I could have gotten it done before today, but I waited until the last minute. I have a problem with procrastinating.

-The pets got toys, treats, etc. etc. The typical stuff. :-)

Due to saving up for college expenses I did not get to donate as much as I wanted to this year, but it feels great to have done what I was able to do.

so... What did you all give?

Great thread, Court! =)

I gave my sister a Juicy Couture(sp?) tote bag, I paid for half. My mom paid for the other half. I gave my dad a Brookestone giftcard, I gave Star a nice toy and my mom got the new Ipod nano from me and my brother and sister. I didn;t get my brother anything YET I couldn't find him anything! I'll prob. get him a shirt or something. He's quite hard to shop for. I feel bad because he gave me a trip to NYC that Isn't even over yet.

I sent 5 pounds of king crab to my dads house, and Ill be doing some computor networking wiring here at my moms house.
    I have a HUGE SIG!!!!

My Dogs. Erp the Cat.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Jefferson
    Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry.

My sister-in-law (on my side) and nieces all got necklaces that are crosses. Handmade by myself and my mother-in-law (hubby's mom). I don't know what to get my brother yet. The gifts need to be shipped, so I have a little time.

My best friend got a handmade necklace. I picked everything out and my mother-in-law made it.

Two great-nieces are getting Horton Hears a Who, which came with a stuffed Horton. One great niece is also getting a tinkerbell sleeping bag, as yesterday was her 2nd birthday.

Then there were a few random things I did this year for people I don't normally do for.

I will miss you forever, my sweet Scooter Bug. You were my best friend. 9/21/1995 - 1/23/2010
    Goodbye, Oreo. Gone too soon. 4/2003 - 9/12/2011.
    Farewell & Godspeed, sweet Jadie Francine. You took a piece of my heart with you. 11/2002 - 8/8/2016
    Charlie kitty, aka: Mr. Meowy. Our home is far too silent now. 2003-6/14/2018

I gave..

Brother matt- Dragon Ball Z season 5
    Brother gary - DVS shoes
    "nephew" tommy - DC shoes
    "neice" whisper - 3 of the twighlight book series
    Sister Melissa- pink bathrobe
    Parents - remote control caddy
    Brother wes - craftsman tape measure
    Wes's gf - Curious perfume & pink illini shirt
    Nephew Kyle - aquadoodle mat
    Neice Carly - submarine for bath time
    Brother LK - ACE level & snap on flaslight & knife
    LK's girlfriend - gift basket of soaps & body spray..cant remember the scent but it's her favourite & a necklace
    Cousin Anne - sex & the city movie DVD

Well i think my best gift was the gift i made up for the charity tree, i did a thread about it, as i had so much fun doing it , i just had to share, on xmas day i was thinking about the three little girls who would be opening a large parcel each with three individual gifts inside, laden with barbie dolls, kelly dolls,jewellery, sweets,soft toys, dolls clothes etc etc, i only wish i could see them open them, but just knowing someone out there who had little, had a fun day is all i needed.

I gave my great nephew the gift of reading, in some rather cute books, one was a jigsaw puzzle, the other one of those pull and lift tab type books, and two other ones that had Cd's with them.

My children we gave money, and perfume, and movie cards and burger king vouchers.

My parents i gave some scottish fudge and edinburgh rock,we don't give big on the adults, infact hubby and I did not give this year, we had an expensive end of year.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

Mom:
    A few turtles
    Miracle Grow
    A nice flower pot/bench
    her favorite chocolates
    new gardening tools
    new hose attachment/sprayer

Grandma:
    Cookie cutters (she only has 4 and was saying she needed to get more)
    Shoes (she commented on how she liked my slip-ons, so I bought her a pair.)
    $25 to a restaurant and I told her to pick a day, we'd go to dinner and see Marley & Me.

Dad:
    Sears gift card
    his favorite chocolates

Sister:
    Gift Card to an organic store
    Oil Diffuser/Candle thing

Brother:
    T-shirt
    Hat
    walmart gift card
    Magnet that says "Eat, Sleep, Fish!"

~Kay, Athena, Ace, Kiara, Mufasa, & Alice!
    "So baby take a axe to your makeup kit
    Set ablaze the billboards and their advertisements
    Love with all your hearts and never forget
    How good it feels to be alive
    And strive for your desire"

-rx bandits

Quote Originally Posted by Kfamr View Post

Brother:
    * Magnet that says "Eat, Sleep, Fish!"

Words to live by!

my brother

a tool socket set
    walmart gift card
    hastings gift card
    a ritz cracker, sausage, and hot mustard gift set

my brothers girlfriend
    bath and body works stuff - I got her an awesome smelling candle!
    walmart gift card
    a coffee pot

my mom
    a bible and cover she asked for
    a really pretty bookmark - it's better than a bookmark to me
    sugar free chocolates
    an apron
    Paula Dean knife set
    slipper socks that smell like lilac

my dad
    a coca-cola ornament filled with coca-cola just because he loves coke!
    a bag of chocolate (york peppermint patties, reeses, kisses, and other hersheys candies)
    a robe
    socks
    colonge

one of my co-workers I gave her a tea set, my boss hot chocolate set, and my other co-worker a flavored coffee set.
    Krista- owned by Rudy, Dixie, Miagi & Angel

Rocky, Jenny, Ginger Buster & Tiger .. forever loved & always in my heart..

My boyfriend:
    A green work shirt and tie
    A blue work shirt and tie
    Princess Bride DVD
    An American Psycho book
    An autographed picture of myself framed, yea this was his fav.

My twin:
    Matching shoes and purse
    An ipod

My little sister:
    5 Cds

My youngest sister:
    A Hannah Montana cosmetic kit
    And a dvd player to share with my other little sister

That's pretty much all I bought for because I really didn't have much money to spend in the first place. I know eventually, probably next month I'm going to replace a ton of my mom's kitchen utensils and she knows that as well so that's going to be a late Christmas present for her.
    "To all the dogs I've loved before...Who traveled in & out my door...I'm glad you came along...I dedicate this song to all the dogs I've loved before"

my mom-Game Shears(too make cutting the dogs food easier)

my dad-a doggie seatbelt and seat cover to help him keep his dog under control in his car when he travels.

my dads fiance-a body shop bath set

my brother-a wal mart gift card

my BFF-new cloths

my godson-a sleeper and a giant teddy

my BFFs spouse-john deer monopoly

my BFF's mom-a vanity plate and a coke thermos

my BFF's litter sister-shoes

my BFF's dad-home baked cookies

my BFF's cat-a decent quality cat food(they were grabbing a bag of meow mix lol, I felt sorry for the cat and bought him a large bag of the best food in the store)

Happy and Ladybug-each got a ball

Electra and Ripley-each got a busy bone

Misty-a tuff tugger toy

Rusty-a sweater

Perky-a squeaker rabbit

Kari-little cat toy thrower ball things
    Shayna
    Mom to:
    Misty-10 year old BC Happy-12 year old BC Electra-6 year old Toller Rusty- 9 year old JRT X Gem and Gypsy- 10 month ACD X's Toivo-8 year old pearl 'Tiel Marley- 3 year old whiteface Cinnamon pearl 'Tiel Jenny- the rescue bunny Peepers the Dwarf Hotot Miami- T. Marcianus

"sister" to:

Perky-13 year old mix Ripley-11 year old mix

and the Prairie Clan Gerbils

Just as I received, I got everyone gift cards. Except my mom and dad. Mom got a jacket from arf (the shelter I volunteer with) and my dad got slippers.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

It ended up all being small hand knit stuff from me this year. Not only do I not have a job, but I really procrastinated. I still haven't finished my friend's mini TARDIS I'm making her. I just need to sew up the pieces and stuff it.

Niņo & Eliza

To my brother, a history nut..DVD's on WWII

5 y.o. *Grandaughter* (by association) remote control lavender convertible, driven by Barbie herself.

A musical floor pad that you dance on when it's hooked up to music

A ladybug wrap around bath towel that has a hood with ladybug eyes and antennea and a washcloth mitt to match.

16 m.o, *Grandaughter*, a Playschool cell phone that makes noises and rings.

My 95 y.o. uncle...lots of stuff during the year, so I made a huge dinner and brought it to his house and ate with him. He loved it.

I've been Boooo'd!

About a month or so ago, I was at the grocery store. I bought my stuff, went to customer service for a moment and left my heavyish bags at the checkout.

When I came back, there was an elderly woman from the nearby Stoney nation who was counting out some change. I asked how much she was short, and the cashier said $2.50 or something like that. I said, "Heck, I can help - it's Christmas." and I handed over $5. The cashier said the woman 'reeked of alcohol' and I said, "all the more prayers she needs." I leaned over to the woman and said, "Merry Christmas. Grandmother," and left.

I asked a bunch of friends to donate any Christmas stuff they had...and got a tree, decorations, Walmart gift card, toys, you name it! I drove it all down to a single mom friend of mine in southern Alberta. It was a blast - I didn't even know what was in some of the boxes - it was like Christmas for me too! And some of the tree ornaments were really unique ones.

I got Mom some truffles - she loves them, 5 will last her a year, easily! And I got her a book she really wanted, With or Without God by Gretta Vosper (and she isn't religious!).

I gave several smiles to busy clerks at a local store yesterday and shared a quick chat. The one store clerk felt bad for the girls on the till as they were SO busy. That was great of her - thinking of her co-workers.

It's been a nice season.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda