Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: So, what'dja get?

My gift from Bruce was Taggart! So I got that early.

I basically got gift cards, which was exactly what I wanted.
    I got a couple other miscellaneous gifts, a bell (I collect them) and two Australian Shepherd calendars (each one different).
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

I just got home from my grandparents' house and from the extended family I also got
    SceneIt Harry Potter, which I totally smoked everyone at
    a nice horse necklace
    The Golden Compass on dvd
    $40 worth of Borders cards, which will go towards Tales of Beetle the Bard and the new Fall Out Boy CD, any extra will be used as a discount on an itunes card so I can buy the audio book I wanted, a Doctor Who one as read by David Tennant, the current Doctor.
    a horse calendar
    a t-shirt with a dog and cat on it from the SPCA

I also got some clothes from my parents including slippers that actually fit my big feet. I am actually feeling a bit overwhelmed with all the clothes I have now after moving twice in the last 5 months!

Niņo & Eliza

A John Lennon Biography from my brother, and money

A 2009 Wizard of Oz calendar from John's son's in- laws

A dog book from John's youngest son and his gf.

Don't need much or want much. As long as my 95 y.o. uncle is doing OK and Mz Logan is healthy, I can't ask for more. I didn't mention anyone else because my 2009 resolution is to stop being a pushover and worrying about everybody all the time, and take care of myself because I developed an awful ulcer. I have enough problems and I need to love me as much as I do others.

I've been Boooo'd!

From Mom - men's flannel jammie pants. She said I had commented on how comfy they are...I did??? LOL But no matter, they are great and I love to have them! It'll be winter for a while yet here!

AND a new hoodie with zipper...lovely!

And a new recycle bin! She just brought out this tall black Rubbermaid garbage can with the swinging lid with a bow stuck on the top and I just cracked up! I have 5 of them right now, for paper, carboard/newspaper, mixed plastics, foil/metal and returnable bottles. I guess this one is for plastic bags!

And 5 stick-on hooks for all my keys...and a nice top, burgundy all-in-one shirt and little sweater over it.

And home cooked turkey and all the trimmings!

From Medusa - this incredible collection of white chocolate "turtles" made with macadamia nuts with chocolate stripes, toffee with dark chocolate on one side and milk on the other, little squares of it; and little milk chocolate cashew clusters. I have sampled SOME of it, and it is GREAT!!!! *urp*

From my good friend Kim - an antique teacup and saucer, packed in layers of foam and bubble wrap, etc....a medium size box that weighed an OUNCE...this teacup is amazing. Yow!

It was a great day, it's a great season!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

I was spoiled this year..

A pink shirt with hearts on it
    A blue shirt with stripes (colored stripes, white, brown etc)
    A leopard spotted shirt to go with my leopard spotted pants
    A pink camo scarf
    Cat pajamas
    Dog Pajamas
    A hula hoop
    Glow Sticks
    Kung Fu Panda Blu-Ray (best movie ever)
    Dark red & white PJs
    A Special Ornament
    Chocolates
    Scented Bubbles
    From my Brother:
    The New Wall-E Movie
    The TNA Impact
    Candy Land (i never played it when I was younger)
    The New Operation game
    -----
    A Christmas Mug
    Red Slippers

From My Dad:
    A full painting set and the newest Monopoly game

Wow.. I really was spoiled... LOL.Merry Christmas everyone!

What I gave:

Love, love, love and more love..and two movies for my dad.

I was spoiled this year.

I got a box of Jamaica Blue Mountain coffee.

Now all I have to figure out is who I'm going to share the coffee with!
    The one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind wasn't king, he was stoned for seeing light.

My parents gave me:
    An iPod docking station
    A blanket
    A cookbook
    A GPS!!! Now I don't have to borrow theirs all the time
    A body tape measure (I laughed when I opened this! I am really getting into working out and keeping fit so my mom thought I would like it, and I do )
    A $15 iTunes gift card
    An FSU book that I really, really wanted when we went to Costco a few weeks ago, but didn't have money to buy
    An FSU nightlight (I love my school )

My brother gave me:
    A pedometer (when my mom asked me what I wanted for Christmas, this was the only thing I could come up with. I didn't have a wish list this year)

My friend Anna:
    A pair of socks from American Eagle

My friend Kristin:
    Some candles from Yankee Candle (unfortunately she doesn't know I'm allergic and I had to give them to my mom )

My cousin also sent me a card with $20 in it

I got:

An HP MediaSmart home server.

A 1.5 TB hard drive for the server.

2 2gig sticks of memory.

Granola, roasted nuts, and pretzle sticks, all home made.

A car battery booster/air compressor.

And best of all...

Socks.
    I have a HUGE SIG!!!!

My Dogs. Erp the Cat.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Jefferson
    Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry.

I always ask for socks too. Being on my feet all day at work I go through a lot of socks quickly, they get holey. Either that or I lose some to the cat. My family never understands it though. They get me one or two pair of fancy socks when all I want is a big pack of white hanes socks or something. This year I figured I'd just buy my own instead of asking. Couple years in a row and they'll put me in rehab for a non-existant sock fetish.
    "There are two things which cannot be attacked in front: ignorance and narrow-mindedness. They can only be shaken by the simple development of the contrary qualities. They will not bear discussion."

Lord John Emerich Edward Dalberg Acton

Quote Originally Posted by Oyster View Post
    My dear mum knows me too well. I asked her not to buy me anything. She, being the stubborn woman she is, ended up buying me a few things anyway.

- All seasons of Star Trek: The Original Series on DVD
    - The complete Monty Python's Flying Circus on DVD

I don't like watching tv much at all, both those are two series I absolutely adore.

She also donated $500 to my College Fund. In my 3rd year of college I plan to transfer to a private one to finish off my education. I can get a scholarship to pay for half of the tuition, but the other half I will have to come up with on my own. I think it is worth it, though. :-)

Its wonderful to see another fan of Donovan on PT! Even though I was born after his reign I still think he is fantastic. In fact, I have recently been working on a portrait of him. I got about halfway through before putting it on the back-burner.
    (Keep in mind, it is far from finished!)
    Wow, you really captured Donovan's likeness! Great work! Can't wait to see the finished portrait.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

I got a lot of stuff:
    New wedding ring from hubby
    Pretty white vest from mom
    Dicken Village house from Sister in law
    Applesbees gift card from daughter
    Softique santa from brother

I made out pretty nice

[QUOTE=Lady's Human...I got a box of Jamaica Blue Mountain coffee. Now all I have to figure out is who I'm going to share the coffee with![/QUOTE]
    .....(raises hand) i have a new moka pot, and real cream, come by here LH, there are some primo cookies too...
    joyce who has princess peanut, spokesdog for the catpack, mojo, magic, kira and squirty, members of the catpack, angel duke, a good dog who is missed and angel alex the wonder dog, handsome prince.

My family decided that we weren't doing exchanges this year. My brother has been laid off for a few months, and his new job doesn't start till January. My mom and dad have been helping me out, financially, since I've been on sabbatical, so I wasn't expecting anything.

However, that being said, my mom and dad still got me things for Christmas.
    Gold's Gym Treadmill
    Pads for under the tread mill
    Long needle nose pliers (I'm stocking up on hardware, lol!)
    Steaks for my grill
    Fruit

Also received a beautiful card from them, and I love the message in it.

My father loved the mustards I gave him and tried 5 of the 6 already, lol. The 6th one has to age for a few weeks, so he has to wait on that one. Mom loved the jellied candies that I made her. Well, one of them didn't jell, so I called it Quince Butter (like apple butter). It was really tart and yummy! Since I had bad luck with the quince jelling, I didn't do the apricot jellies, and instead made her an apricot, pine nut and almond breakfast cake, which she absolutely loved.

It was a good Christmas. We had a great time talking and reminiscing, and just being together.

Quote Originally Posted by jenn_librarian View Post
    My family decided that we weren't doing exchanges this year. My brother has been laid off for a few months, and his new job doesn't start till January. My mom and dad have been helping me out, financially, since I've been on sabbatical, so I wasn't expecting anything.

However, that being said, my mom and dad still got me things for Christmas.
    Gold's Gym Treadmill
    Pads for under the tread mill
    Long needle nose pliers (I'm stocking up on hardware, lol!)
    Steaks for my grill
    Fruit

Also received a beautiful card from them, and I love the message in it.

My father loved the mustards I gave him and tried 5 of the 6 already, lol. The 6th one has to age for a few weeks, so he has to wait on that one. Mom loved the jellied candies that I made her. Well, one of them didn't jell, so I called it Quince Butter (like apple butter). It was really tart and yummy! Since I had bad luck with the quince jelling, I didn't do the apricot jellies, and instead made her an apricot, pine nut and almond breakfast cake, which she absolutely loved.

It was a good Christmas. We had a great time talking and reminiscing, and just being together.
    Best kind of Christmas, Jenn. That's one of the things I enjoy most about Thanksgiving: no obligatory gift giving, just family being together, reminiscing and enjoying each other's company. I envy the fact that your parents are still alive but I'm happy for you.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

I got:

Apple iBook (been needing a laptop that performs well, and the new Macbooks are way too expensive)
    Linksys Wired router/Wireless AP (for the laptop and my wide array of NAS [Network Attached Storage]s and test computers)
    $100 For anything
    PCI Slot PC Case fan (Something I really need, my GFX card gets over 70C sometimes, not exactly good)
    Nerf gun (yay!)

I'm in nerd heaven right now...
    Last edited by Hellow; 12-27-2008 at 11:47 AM.