Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bears gone

Bears gone

It's been way to long since I've had the chance to get on to pet talk and post, life got a bit crazy, but last week I was reminded that life is way to short so you need to enjoy the time you've got with your friends both furry and human.

Last Sunday, my oldest dog Bear couldn't stand, even with my helping him up he'd just fall over. The vet tried steriods, etc. thinking it was a nerve issue, but basically told me if that didn't work, then it was time to let him go. Wednesday I made the difficult decision to send him to the bridge. It was the hardest decision I'd ever made, because he was fine otherwise, his back legs just finally gave out, and when he whined because he was frustrate he couldn't get to the water dish I knew I had to listen to the vets and it was time. I was able to spend the day sitting on the floor with him. He had a bully stick, all the treats he could eat, and lots of canned food. A friend came with me to the vets, and brought him frosty paws, which even after he was given the ace, he licked clean....nothing could stop that dogs appetite He went peacefully with his head in my hand until the end.

For the first time in a long while you can actually run and jump and play Bear, enjoy the Bridge......

I'm so sorry to hear this. Yes, now he's painfree and running up at the Bridge playing with all of the other dogs. RIP sweet Bear. Please take care. (((HUGS)))

Rest in peace Beautiful Bear.
    I went through the same thing with my Rainbow Bridge dog, Smokey.
    It's so hard and I'm sorry for your loss. But as you wrote, Bear is running and playing his heart out at the Bridge and I hope eating an endless supply of Frosty Paws!

I dont know if I should feel sad or LMAO. Your post makes me sorry for your loss, and the pic of Bear makes me want to LMAO.

Im sorry Bear is gone, but that pic is the Greatest.

ETA: RIP Bear, thanks for the pose.
    I have a HUGE SIG!!!!

My Dogs. Erp the Cat.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Jefferson
    Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry.

Rest In Peace Bear. Such a handsome boy. Play hard at the bridge sweetheart.

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

I'm sorry about Bear. Have fun a the Rainbow Bridge Bear.
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

I am so sorry for your loss. Bear was a great looking dog and sounds like he was a great dog all around.

RIP Bear
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Bear looked like such a sweet boy. I am sorry it was time to say goodbye for now, but I know you made his time here on earth great. ((((Hugs))))

Rest easy, Bear.

I am so sorry to hear about dear Bear.I went through the exact thing with my sibe Anna,We tried the medication it worked for a week and she did the same cried to be let out and id walk her out holding her back end.The decision was also hard on me to make she was fine otherwise,She had her mind,apetite everything just could not pick herself up to walk.After we let her go i often thought to myself,did i make the right decision?And i know i did.They are hole again and are waiting patiently for us to meet up with them when our time here on earth is up.

Bear is now your Guardian Angel,until you two meet again.

I am so sorry. Such a gorgeous boy.

Rest in Peace dear Bear.

Quote Originally Posted by blue View Post
    I dont know if I should feel sad or LMAO. Your post makes me sorry for your loss, and the pic of Bear makes me want to LMAO.

Im sorry Bear is gone, but that pic is the Greatest.

ETA: RIP Bear, thanks for the pose.
    We don't laugh when people lose their pets. I don't see what on earth you could find funny about Bear's photo, but I found your laughing extremely inappropriate.

I'm so sorry for your loss of Bear, especially so close to the holiday. My Graham was much younger then he should have been when I had to make that difficult decision, so I really understand that. He was fine except for the horrible infection he got. You did a very kind thing in letting him go to the bridge and I know he's happy and pain free now.
    Last edited by AdoreMyDogs; 12-27-2008 at 10:37 AM.

I'm so sorry for your loss.

I think what Blue means is that's a great pic of Bear and it brings a smile to your face in seeing how happy he was in that pic. I don't think he meant to offend.
    Keeganhttp://www.dogster.com/dogs/256612 9/28/2001 to June 9, 2012
    Kylie http://www.catster.com/cats/256617 (June 2000 to 5/19/2012)
    Kloe http://www.catster.com/cats/256619
    "we as American's have forgotten we can agree to disagree"
    Kylie the Queen, Keegan the Princess, entertained by Kloe the court Jester
    Godspeed Phred and Gini you will be missed more than you ever know..

Quote Originally Posted by shais_mom View Post
    I'm so sorry for your loss.

I think what Blue means is that's a great pic of Bear and it brings a smile to your face in seeing how happy he was in that pic. I don't think he meant to offend.
    Yes, I agree, the smiling, happy, picture of Bear obviously enjoying life, is what made him laugh. And that is something to be celebrated, even after Bear has gone to the RB. Sorry, you cannot delight in the happiness that Bear had with his family AdoreMyDogs. I hope Bear's family can feel some happiness and comfort at Bear's happy expression. I am sorry for your loss. RIP Bear.

Thanks everyone, I appreciate your kind words and thoughts.

My deepest sympathies. RIP sweet Bear.
    I love Fenway, JoJo, Olivia and Nonnie!