Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Christmas Flame - uppydate on #27

Christmas Flame - uppydate on #27

Our neighbors noticed this little sweetie while they were out for their morning walk. They tried to catch him but he ran. They told me about him and I got my patience out and sat with some bologna to try to lure him in. His hunger won out over his fear and after about an hour - and feeling like my arm was disconnected from my shoulder from being outstretched and unmoving for so long - he finally let me get two hands close enough to grab him. Once I grabbed him he didn't fight at all, just started snuggling and purring, poor little baby.

I have no idea how he got here, but he was hiding underneath an unoccupied motorhome. The rescue group I took him to says they think he can't be more than 10 weeks old, and the poor little guy was just skin and bones when I grabbed him. I named him Flame because it appears he is Flame point Siamese. As you can see, he has the sweetest little face and it was very difficult for me to part with him, but knowing he is in good hands now made it a little easier. By the time I gave him up, he would push his head into my hand and arch his back against it when I reached into the carrier. The rescue lady says he is doing well, and he had no fear when her cats and dogs surrounded the carrier wondering who the new kid was.

He will have a great life from now on and his flame will burn on.
    Last edited by Tubby & Peanut's Mom; 12-25-2008 at 06:13 PM.
    Tubby
    Spring 1986 - Dec. 11, 2004
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    Fall 1988 - Jan. 24, 2007
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012
    RIP Sweet Monkeyhead Girl

Flame has the most SWEET face ever! No wonder it was so hard for you to part with him!

Sounds like a really lovey boy, and in that great rescue, I am sure he will find a great furrever home soon! (Unless the rescue fails fostering 101, and who could blame them? )

Thanks for helping this wittle boy!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

What a sweet face! Goodness, I don't know if I could have given him up! Better thee than me, my dear!
    I've Been Frosted

What a sweet little baby. I'm so glad that you were able to rescue him and take him to a rescue group where he'll hopefully find a wonderful loving forever home.

Boy! It would have been super hard for me to give that little sweetie up! What a little doll baby he is!! Awwwwwwww! GREAT RESCUE! Thanks for giving him the chance he will now have..

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

I'll bet you could get him back!

Isn't there a 'spare' nook back there in the bedroom?
    And couldn't you find a extra sock to hang up for him?

Oh I couldn't have given him up- his face is just too sweet.
    I am sure he will find a furrever home in no time.

OMG, what a darling!!! Thank you, no.....BLESS you for your patience. He is one lucky little boy.

WAY TO GO DEB!!! Another happy Christmas story!!

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Aww, look at that sweet face!! Yes, I bet it was difficult to part with him, but I'm glad you found a rescue place - and I'm sure someone will snatch him up very soon.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

I KNOW WHAT YOU MEAN DEB.
    I CAUGHT A CAT THAT I CALLED PHILIP ABOUT 3 YEARS AGO EATING OUT OF MY BLUE BOX IN THE COLD AND SNOW, AND I WANTED TO KEEP HIM.
    BUT I REALIZED THAT I HAD A LOT OF CATS AND HAD TO LET HIM GO WHERE HE WOULD BE BOSS CAT.
    I BET THE TUBBY , TUBBY 2 AND PEANUT ANGELS
    LED FLAME TO YOU, AS THEY KNEW THAT YOU WOULD HELP THAT POOR SWEET LITTLE KITTEN
    GOD BLESS YOU FOR FINDING HIM A PURRFECT HOME
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

What a wonderful story and what a fine example of patience and love. Flame looks so much like my RB Whispers that I rescued four years ago. He was a flame point Siamese, too. Bless you for seeing to it that this precious one has such good prospects now and is safe.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

What a sweetheart! He's very lucky you have such a strong arm.

From Decker with Love

14. A lovely Christmas story indeed. A sweet little boy looking for a home...and finds one....

But how DID you give him up!

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    I just can't imagine this little one roaming around and homeless!! I never would have been able to let him go since I have a huge love of Meezers, but I'm sure he'll find a great furever home. Thanks for coming to his rescue!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~