Thread: Christmas Flame - uppydate on #27

Hybrid View

Christmas Flame - uppydate on #27

Our neighbors noticed this little sweetie while they were out for their morning walk. They tried to catch him but he ran. They told me about him and I got my patience out and sat with some bologna to try to lure him in. His hunger won out over his fear and after about an hour - and feeling like my arm was disconnected from my shoulder from being outstretched and unmoving for so long - he finally let me get two hands close enough to grab him. Once I grabbed him he didn't fight at all, just started snuggling and purring, poor little baby.

I have no idea how he got here, but he was hiding underneath an unoccupied motorhome. The rescue group I took him to says they think he can't be more than 10 weeks old, and the poor little guy was just skin and bones when I grabbed him. I named him Flame because it appears he is Flame point Siamese. As you can see, he has the sweetest little face and it was very difficult for me to part with him, but knowing he is in good hands now made it a little easier. By the time I gave him up, he would push his head into my hand and arch his back against it when I reached into the carrier. The rescue lady says he is doing well, and he had no fear when her cats and dogs surrounded the carrier wondering who the new kid was.

He will have a great life from now on and his flame will burn on.
    Last edited by Tubby & Peanut's Mom; 12-25-2008 at 06:13 PM.
    Tubby
    Spring 1986 - Dec. 11, 2004
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    Fall 1988 - Jan. 24, 2007
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012
    RIP Sweet Monkeyhead Girl

Flame has the most SWEET face ever! No wonder it was so hard for you to part with him!

Sounds like a really lovey boy, and in that great rescue, I am sure he will find a great furrever home soon! (Unless the rescue fails fostering 101, and who could blame them? )

Thanks for helping this wittle boy!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

What a sweet face! Goodness, I don't know if I could have given him up! Better thee than me, my dear!
    I've Been Frosted

What a sweet little baby. I'm so glad that you were able to rescue him and take him to a rescue group where he'll hopefully find a wonderful loving forever home.

Boy! It would have been super hard for me to give that little sweetie up! What a little doll baby he is!! Awwwwwwww! GREAT RESCUE! Thanks for giving him the chance he will now have..

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

I'll bet you could get him back!

Isn't there a 'spare' nook back there in the bedroom?
    And couldn't you find a extra sock to hang up for him?

Oh I couldn't have given him up- his face is just too sweet.
    I am sure he will find a furrever home in no time.

How lucky little Flame was that you were near to rescue. I'm sure it was very difficult to part with him, but like you said, he's in good hands now!
    Trap-Neuter-Return (TNR) is a full management plan in which stray and feral cats already living outdoors in cities, towns, and rural areas are humanely trapped, then evaluated, vaccinated, and sterilized by veterinarians. Kittens and tame cats are adopted into good homes. Healthy adult cats too wild to be adopted are returned to their familiar habitat under the lifelong care of volunteers

I heard from the lady who is fostering Flame. Turns out SHE is settling in quite nicely. She is quite spunky and goes tearing around her room everytime RL (rescue lady) enters the room. Flame will go immediately to her dish and start squeak/meowing at RL, and when that doesn't get any results, she will claw her way to the top of a cat tree to be closer to RL's face and start squeak/meowing at her again. RL has a Pit Bull dog who is her shadow, so everytime she enters the room the dog is with her. Flame just loves the dog and the dog adores Flame. Flame will come tearing from across the room, zoom under the dogs legs and the dog is like "Huh, what was that?" Flame will go into one of the little "rooms" in the cat tree, peak out of the "window" and when the dog pokes her nose in, Flame baps her on the nose then tears off across the room again. RL says she is quite a pistol! Now that she is safe, warm and fed, she is cleaning herself better and RL says she has turned into a little fluff ball, like her hair has all fluffed out. She is gaining weight by the day, but is still not a big snuggler. RL picks her up and smooches on her, and all Flame wants to do is get down and go tearing around the room again.

Seems to me now that she is fed, warm and safe, she has time to be a kitten again, and you don't know how happy it makes me to hear how well she is doing.

Now all I have to do is give RL my camera for a day or two so we can get some updated pics.
    Tubby
    Spring 1986 - Dec. 11, 2004
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    Fall 1988 - Jan. 24, 2007
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012
    RIP Sweet Monkeyhead Girl

This is so heartwarming! Flame feels like she has found her home, made friends, feels safe and is blooming like a beautiful flower... and being a c-a-t!

It just has to warm your heart to hear how well she is doing!

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

That is Great news....you made a kitten be a kitten again instead of a kitten worrying about her next meal and worrying about preditors while she sleeps.
    Great Job

Thank You Kim for this wonderful siggy

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power ,the world will know peace" jimi hendrix

Thanks to you, "Flame" has graduated to "Spitfire"!

How GREAT to hear she is being a total brat kitten! I can hardly wait for pics!

You done GREAT!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

What a terrific update. It sounds like SHE has a great home now.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt