Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Christmas Flame - uppydate on #27

Christmas miracles really do happen Thanks for being in the right place at the right time - Flame is adorable and a very lucky baby to have found you - his Christmas Angel
    Yours in Whiskers

I'm not young enough to know everything.

"The Best Mirror is an Old Friend"

“The secret of what is small is the secret of clear-sightedness; the guarding of what is soft and tender is the secret of strength.”

• Lao Tzu

What a lucky kitten. He is just precious. It would be hard to give him
    over to someone else. A real doll baby. I love his name.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

What a precious baby!!!! The want for FOOD usually wins out over the fear(in most cases). You did a good thing!!!! Hope your arm feels better soon!!!!

What an ADORABLE kitten, and so very lucky that you and your patience were there for him.
    Last edited by Killearn Kitties; 12-23-2008 at 03:11 AM.

Awwww what an adorable face. I'm sure Flame will get a great home. Thank you for rescuing this little one.

SOOOOOOOOO sweet we would have added to the CREW. Your story is almost the same as Roscos (ROZ) staying at a hotel cat ran from someone else wife called kitten came now #12 in the CREW of 13.
    GILL & Crew;

What a little cutie pie he is!
    I've been finally defrosted by cassiesmom!
    "Not my circus, not my monkeys!"-Polish proverb

What a little cutie pie. If it were me, I would have the hardest time letting go, but I know that you did the right thing and the purrfect home is just around the corner. Thank you for rescuing him.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

What a cutie little Flame is!
    Are you sure you didn't have room for him, he's little and so cute!
    Meezers are special, you really should get one some day.
    RIP sweet Samantha
    6/26/88-8/28/08
    ----------------------------

Milly & Izzy

Quote Originally Posted by moosmom View Post
    WAY TO GO DEB!!! Another happy Christmas story!!
    Ditto!!!

Thank You Kim for this wonderful siggy

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power ,the world will know peace" jimi hendrix

How lucky little Flame was that you were near to rescue. I'm sure it was very difficult to part with him, but like you said, he's in good hands now!
    Trap-Neuter-Return (TNR) is a full management plan in which stray and feral cats already living outdoors in cities, towns, and rural areas are humanely trapped, then evaluated, vaccinated, and sterilized by veterinarians. Kittens and tame cats are adopted into good homes. Healthy adult cats too wild to be adopted are returned to their familiar habitat under the lifelong care of volunteers

I heard from the lady who is fostering Flame. Turns out SHE is settling in quite nicely. She is quite spunky and goes tearing around her room everytime RL (rescue lady) enters the room. Flame will go immediately to her dish and start squeak/meowing at RL, and when that doesn't get any results, she will claw her way to the top of a cat tree to be closer to RL's face and start squeak/meowing at her again. RL has a Pit Bull dog who is her shadow, so everytime she enters the room the dog is with her. Flame just loves the dog and the dog adores Flame. Flame will come tearing from across the room, zoom under the dogs legs and the dog is like "Huh, what was that?" Flame will go into one of the little "rooms" in the cat tree, peak out of the "window" and when the dog pokes her nose in, Flame baps her on the nose then tears off across the room again. RL says she is quite a pistol! Now that she is safe, warm and fed, she is cleaning herself better and RL says she has turned into a little fluff ball, like her hair has all fluffed out. She is gaining weight by the day, but is still not a big snuggler. RL picks her up and smooches on her, and all Flame wants to do is get down and go tearing around the room again.

Seems to me now that she is fed, warm and safe, she has time to be a kitten again, and you don't know how happy it makes me to hear how well she is doing.

Now all I have to do is give RL my camera for a day or two so we can get some updated pics.
    Tubby
    Spring 1986 - Dec. 11, 2004
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    Fall 1988 - Jan. 24, 2007
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012
    RIP Sweet Monkeyhead Girl

This is so heartwarming! Flame feels like she has found her home, made friends, feels safe and is blooming like a beautiful flower... and being a c-a-t!

It just has to warm your heart to hear how well she is doing!

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

That is Great news....you made a kitten be a kitten again instead of a kitten worrying about her next meal and worrying about preditors while she sleeps.
    Great Job

Thank You Kim for this wonderful siggy

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power ,the world will know peace" jimi hendrix

Thanks to you, "Flame" has graduated to "Spitfire"!

How GREAT to hear she is being a total brat kitten! I can hardly wait for pics!

You done GREAT!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda