Thread: Ugh will the snow EVER stop??

Ugh will the snow EVER stop??

Right now we've got about 6 inches of snow and it's not stopping anytime soon. Our school system closed at about 5:30 this morning, so I'm stuck at home. Literally. My mom tried for almost an hour to clear off our driveway, but she only got about 10 sq. feet cleared.

our road is practically invisible, as is our driveway. Oh, and our stairs out back have become one big frozen slide.

Around 7 this morning some car drove off the road into our neighbors front yard. They had a tow out, but i guess the conditions were too bad for the tow to try and get the car out. And so, if I look out my window, I can still see the unlcucky minivan

now you can, too!

more snow pics:

It's so quiet out...it's eery.

Hope all the others getting hit with this nasty are safe and warm at home or work!
    in on the joke and i cant stop laughing

Try driving in it (when or if you ever get the car out).

I wish I was stuck home.

Pretty pictures.
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June

OMG thats sure alot of Snow & Snow && More Snow.. Looks so Pretty && Cold.. Well there is your White Christmas == Early..

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

I remember this... Ohio had this last winter.. it was horrible.
    You're the one sure thing I've found so you better stick around...
    Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful man that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

We just got slammed with a little over 12 inches of snow this morning. My dad went out at 5 in the morning with the snow blower and there was already over 6 inches on the ground, you can't even tell that he went out there - it just keeps coming down.

I'm really not looking forward to Sunday evening. It's supposed to be -11 with winds up to 35 mph...so it will feel closer to -45 outside. I really hate Wisconsin this time of the year.
    LAURA {Human}, FRANNY {Boxer}, PEANUT, BUSTER, & NIBBLES {Rabbits}

Thanks Roxyluvsme13!

"The wind of heaven is that which blows between a horses' ears"- Arabian Proverb

I snapped some pictures quick out the front door - it's pretty windy, so there are a lot of snow drifts everywhere. We're supposed to get another 4-6 over the weekend. There is no end in sight it seems.

Looking over towards my car.

Looking straight out the door

12" in this particular spot in the yard.

We had around 9 inches on the ground last week, but it warmed up to 43 degrees at it all melted - good thing otherwise we'd have 20 + inches to deal with.
    LAURA {Human}, FRANNY {Boxer}, PEANUT, BUSTER, & NIBBLES {Rabbits}

Thanks Roxyluvsme13!

"The wind of heaven is that which blows between a horses' ears"- Arabian Proverb

Beautiful pictures but no fun!! Hang in there and stay safe and warm!!

I'm so sorry.

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

The first part just started an hour ago

We are to get hit with three different fronts. The first one just started. I have to work tomorrow - arrival time 10AM. It is to snow all night. I should be lucky enough to have travel time late enough to allow the plows to take the majority of tonight's snow off the road. Tomorrow night is round two and it is predicted to last all night again. Sunday I have to work earlier.....and there will be problems, for sure.

I like the snow. If the drivers were equipt with the right tires on their cars and the brains there were born with, things would be ok. Often the SUV's and vans end up off the road. I don't know if they drive faster, have a false sense of security or are just bad drivers, but boy, the odds are greater that you will find SUV's in the ditch. Vans are second.

I have studded snow tires on all four wheels. I have front wheel drive - not all wheel, which in some camps, is better. I have friends that swear all wheel drive is the best.

Stay off the roads if you can. Drive slowly. Make sure to have the right tires on your car. I also, always carry a blanket, food and extra clothes, along with a cell phone.

Drive carefully folks. Oh, and good luck! - and stay away from the "other guy"....