Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: North carolina pups are here! UPDATE POST #31

Oh, boy Prayers for a Christmas miracle for these little ones.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Tracy I am so sorry to hear this! I hope the pups pull through this! I'm in no place to donate right now. My car just broke down for good and I'm needing another asap. You will be in my prayers though! Hold in there pups!
    Owned by two little pastries!

REST IN PEACE GRACIE. NOT A DAY GOES BY THAT I DON'T MISS YOU.

Thank you for all your prayers and thoughts. Four of the pups have passed. There is one more, Gracin, that is throwing up, but no diarreah yet. He is drinking, but not eating. He is on fluids and penicillin. I have some Tamiflu coming to me also. I was told that Tamiflu works great on Parvo pups. It is worth a shot. Please say prayers.

Thank you.

"The dog represents all that is best in man." Etienne Charlet

www.rornfp.org

Which pups have passed? Do you still have the pups that are in your original post? Keep up the work Tracy, Don't let it get you down! We know you are doing everything you can. RIP puppies

Quote Originally Posted by lute View Post
    Which pups have passed? Do you still have the pups that are in your original post? Keep up the work Tracy, Don't let it get you down! We know you are doing everything you can. RIP puppies
    Thank you Lexie. The three little shepherd pups and the boxer mix pups passed, there is an update in Dog Memorial.

Now about the pound I got them from....I am feeling better to update now. I found out this info on Thursday, two days after I received the pups. The pound knows. They have flunked their inspection 3 times by the county, but Reggie, the guy in charge has it good in with the man from the Dept. of Agri. in NC. There are many people out there trying to shut them down, and there is a meeting on January 8th and 9th with the Dept. of Agri. and county officials. I am faxing a letter, in hopes it does some good. They also have FELV going around and a lot of cats and kittens are dying.

They have a vet tech program at the pound. They take dogs/cats that are waiting to be gassed and use them to "teach" vet students how to neuter/spay, vaccinate, draw blood, and run tests. They have tested several dogs for Parvo and know they are positive for it, but still put them back into general population. They do spray cleaner, but not the proper cleaners, and they do not scrub anything down.

One of the dogs we have was suppose to have Heartworms, they supposedly tested him. Well, he is only 4 months. My vet said hearworms won't show up till at least 6 months, but she tested him again for me anyway and he was negative. We have to keep him with us until he is 6 months and we can test him again. He was kept seperate from all the other dogs because he seemed very sick, they thought it was because the HW. When we got him and took him to the vet, she said that he had a real bad URI, so we put him on Clavamox and he is kept away from all the other animals to be sure he does not get Parvo. He is so sweet and so much better. We are praying that he is okay too. I have had them since the 16th, late night, if they all make it with no signs till January 1st, that will be 15 days. Our vet said if they make it till then, then we have no worries about Parvo. Just keep praying please.

Thank you.

www.rornfp.org

Prayers

Prayers are being said. So sorry for the little lost ones. Bless you and yours for caring for these lovelies.

*hugs*
    "Dost thou think that because thou art virtuous there shall be no cakes and ale?"

Gracin is doing well today. He is coughing a lot, but he is on Clavamox. He is eating and drinking and still pooping solid. I pray he gets better soon!

www.rornfp.org

First, I hope everybody had a wonderful Christmas, for those on here that celebrate it, for those who don't, I hope you all had a wonderful holiday.

Now for the update. I am sorry it has taken me a bit to get back here, my internet was down for a few days and things have been just crazy.

We really thought all the pups were in the clear and safe from breaking with Parvo, but tonight I am not so sure. Two of the pups, Hardy and Sunny had really liquidy poop.....not like them at all. They are still eating and drinking, so it may just be a bug. They do share a kennel, so I am not positive which pup left me the nice mess to clean up. I am thinking it was both as it was several piles. Either way it was really gross and I am very worried. I will start them both on fluids to help keep them hydrated.

Gracin is doing well. All full of energy and loving life again!! He is barely coughing anymore and eating a ton!!

Smidge the cat lost her babies. I went in the room to see her on Friday morning and she was covered in blood, urine, and poop. I knew she lost the babies as her belly was gone. I cleaned her up and took her in to the vet. She lost all the babies and is not doing very well. She is here with me and getting fluids. She is on meds for infection, but it looks grim as she refuses to eat. The vet said there is nothing they can do there besides what I am doing here. She said to see how she is in a day or two and we may just have to put her down. Poor girl is only a kitten herself. She did test negative for FELV/FIV. Prayers for her and the pups please.

If it is not one thing, it is another. Just when we think things look better, they get so much worse.

www.rornfp.org

I will keep praying for the dogs and for Smidge the kitten.

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Thank you for the prayers. Gracin is all better and may be being (paws crossed) adopted on Friday.

Smidge is now eating and drinking. She is doing so great! The vet feels she only lost one or two kittens as she said she can still feel a few in there. She wants us to do an ultrasound in about a week to be sure all is well.

I am so glad they are doing better, especially Smidge, I was, and still am, worried about her.

Thank you for caring about these babies.

www.rornfp.org

I'm so happy you saved some! Good luck Gracin in your possible new home!

I just wanted to update everybody. Gracin is doing great and was adopted last weekend. He is in a wonderful home with a 3/4 acre yard in Beecher, IL!! Sunny, the little retriever mix pup was also adopted last weekend to a wonderful family with a HUGE house in Darian, IL. That leaves us with 4 more pups to find homes for!!

Though we did lose 4 of the pups, at least we were able to save the other 8, the adult, Cocoa (who is being looked at next weekend! Fingers and paws crossed!), and Smidge the cat. Her update is in Cat General. She is doing very well.

I will keep you all updated on the remaining rescued pups and the ones who have been adopted. Thank you for all of your prayers and kind thoughts.

Here are a couple of pictures of a few pups their new homes. Enjoy!!

Marley, now known as Pebbles, with her new sisters, Wilma and Betty. They all like to cram into one kennel!

Pebbles sharing Betty's kennel.

Pebbles and Betty.

Gracin, now known as Bobcat.

Just lounging!

Leelo, now known as Jaya (pronounced Jah-uh) and her sister Lilly.

Jaya likes to snuggle with Lilly! That spot on Lilly's head is a growth that her owners are having removed at the end of the month.

www.rornfp.org

They're beautiful! I'm so glad they're doing better! I hope the Darien family registers Sunny for PT

SO glad to hear some happy news!!!
    ~Angie, Sierra & Buddy
    **Don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die!**

I suffer from multiple Shepherd syndrome

Great happy endings! You are such an angel to so many dogs!

Bobcat is an interesting name. Where did that come from?