Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: North carolina pups are here! UPDATE POST #31

North carolina pups are here! UPDATE POST #31

After a horrilble drive in bad, snowy, icy weather we made it home with a big bundle of furry faces!! I am only going to post pictures and a quick update, as I am only on 2 hours of sleep since I woke up Tuesday morning!!

Marley - 4 month old Shep/Lab (retriever?) mix. She is too sweet and LOVES everybody and everything!!

This boy does not have a name yet. He is a shep. mix, about 3 months old. He is a little shy, but is very sweet.

This pretty girl is Delilah. She is about 10 wks. Delilah is a Boxer/Pittie mix (we think). She is one of the loud ones in the bunch and HATES to be alone!

These three babies are only about 6-8 wks and should still be with their mama. They are very sad as well as weak. We are doing our best to help them thrive. They have only eaten a bit since we brought them home yesterday (Tuesday). I am praying they will be okay. So, for now, it is the force feed method! They need names!!!

This is the pregnant kitten we pulled as well. She is only about 9 months old and she is 23-25 days pregnant. Poor baby....she needs a name....any suggestions?

This guy is my FAVORITE! The vet says he is more than likely a Shepherd/Mastiff mix. This boy was said to have heartworms. We all know that he stood no chance in that place and he was to be gassed at anytime. He was pulled from the kennels in the shelter to be used to "teach" student vets how to do various procedures to dogs. Basically, he was a guinea pig. He was neutered, vaccinated (so they say), and tested for heartworms. Now, he is only a little over 4 months my vet said. So it is IMPOSSIBLE for him to test positive as heartworms do not show up until dogs are at LEAST 6 months or older....so we tested him again anyway and he was NEGATIVE! He will be retested in March. Until then he will remain with me at my house. Dave and I have named him "Chance". Since he would not have had a chance without Leah and Jessica...and us.

"Ain't I jusf the cootes phing eva? Wook at my eyez!!"

And this cutie patootie is about 8-10 wks old. He is a Weimaraner/Border Collie mix. His fur is SO gray...I have NEVER seen a dog like him before! He is a bit of a trouble maker, but we will change that! He also does not have a name yet.

I will post more tomorrow (well later today) after I get some sleep. I hope you enjoyed them. Fingers and paws crossed for wee ones that don't feel very good right now!
    Last edited by Reachoutrescue; 01-23-2009 at 12:42 AM. Reason: update

"The dog represents all that is best in man." Etienne Charlet

www.rornfp.org

ohmygosh! All those sweet little faces...bless you for saving those babies.

For names:
    The first boy: he needs something big, like Mack (trucks), T-Rex, or Dozer...something to help him earn his bravery.

The three babies: since they're a 3-pack, how about something like Juno, Dossie and Tresor (pronounced like Tracer). You didn't mention male/female count though, so those might not work. There's always Huey, Dewey and Louis for boys or Duchess, Princess and Queenie for girls, lol

The kitty girl: I instantly thought of the name Smidgen...she's such a little (young) one.

The last, but not least: he's a little guy too, so maybe Pixel or Greyson...for his greyness, lol

Sorry, I always imagine what I'd name new babies and you just caught me at my worst I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Reachoutrescue View Post
    [B][FONT="Courier New"][SIZE="3"]
    And this cutie patootie is about 8-10 wks old. He is a Weimaraner/Border Collie mix. His fur is SO gray...I have NEVER seen a dog like him before! He is a bit of a trouble maker, but we will change that! He also does not have a name yet.
    Border Collies can come in a blue & lilac colourings. Let's see some side shots of this babe! He could be purebred.

Blue BC

http://www.gis.net/~shepdog/BC_Museu...ColorBlue.html

Lilac BC

http://www.gis.net/~shepdog/BC_Museu...olorLilac.html

"Did you ever notice when you blow in a dog's face he gets mad at you?
    But when you take him in a car he sticks his head out the window." -- Steve Bluestone

They're all so precious!! Thanks for saving them and making them healthy, Tracy!! You're the best!!!!!!!

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

they all are gorgeous... but that Chance... what a hunk!!...
    Corinna´s Christmas Card Swap ´06
    dedicated to a lovely woman who won many hearts along her life...........
    she will be deeply missed.......Thank you for letting us be a part of your life, you will surely remain in ours FOREVER........R.I.P. Dear Corinna

Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful dude that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

notes-to-my-husband blog

http://365project.org/isabelle/365

Aweee they are all adorable.. Yes how about the cat's name to be Muffin..

Yes the Mastiff mix looks to be a Filo = Brazilian cross..

Glad you made it home safely.. Now does everyone have a furrever home??

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

the kittys name should be misty.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzybuns View Post
    The kitty girl: I instantly thought of the name Smidgen...she's such a little (young) one.

The last, but not least: he's a little guy too, so maybe Pixel or Greyson...for his greyness, lol

Sorry, I always imagine what I'd name new babies and you just caught me at my worst I think.
    Thank you for the name suggestions, Fuzzy! We have decided to call Mama cat, Smidgen, Smidge for short. It does seem to fit her.

We have also decided to name the little border collie (mix?) Greyson....as it really fits and is very different. We like it and we thank you for your help.
    Quote Originally Posted by BC_MoM View Post
    Border Collies can come in a blue & lilac colourings. Let's see some side shots of this babe! He could be purebred.
    I have the foster mom sending me some side shots of Greyson tonight. As soon as I get them, I will post them. I never thought of that...I have seen blue Border Collies before too, but for some reason it just did not dawn on me! Lack of sleep will do that to somebody!! LOL I posted the thread after I have been only on 2 hours of sleep in almost 2 days!

Quote Originally Posted by lvpets2002 View Post
    Yes the Mastiff mix looks to be a Filo = Brazilian cross..

Glad you made it home safely.. Now does everyone have a furrever home??
    Really? I have never heard of a Filo. I will have to look it up. Do you think he can be pure? I am pretty sure he has Shepherd in him though. All the pups are going to be in foster homes until they are adopted. One, Marley, already has a potential home. We shall see on Sunday!

Thank you EVERYBODY for your wonderful comments! It makes me know that all the stress, lack of sleep, and smelly rooms is all worth it!!

The three little pups (pictured together), there is 1 boy and 2 girls. The boy is the one with the darker face. Not sure what to name them yet. Theyare a little bit perky today....they have not eaten on their own yet, I will try again after lunch. So for now it is syringe fed puppy milk!!

We have 4 more that I have to post pictures of today as well, but I will when I update again later.
    Last edited by Reachoutrescue; 12-18-2008 at 01:20 PM. Reason: update

www.rornfp.org

for the three pups.. I thought Penny for the girl... well actually for the one looking fron at the right side of the pic.. (tiny face, not sure if she´s the girl ).. and Dollar for the other one looking front too

it´s actually Fila Brasileiro.. here´s a pic of one

Corinna´s Christmas Card Swap ´06
    dedicated to a lovely woman who won many hearts along her life...........
    she will be deeply missed.......Thank you for letting us be a part of your life, you will surely remain in ours FOREVER........R.I.P. Dear Corinna

Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful dude that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

notes-to-my-husband blog

http://365project.org/isabelle/365

I do not believe Chance is a purebred or mix of a Fila. He doesn't look like one at all. I'd stick with Shepherd/English Mastiff mix. He is such a cutie! You know I love my big dogs! If I had the room for another puppy I'd adopt him in a heartbeat!

I just love the border collie mix's coloring! I don't believe he's a purebred either. With better pics it is possible to know for sure. He's so handsome!

Good luck with the three youngsters. They are so adorable. How about "boozer", Bourbon", and "Brandy".

With this bunch of great looking pups you should have no problem finding good forever homes!
    Owned by two little pastries!

REST IN PEACE GRACIE. NOT A DAY GOES BY THAT I DON'T MISS YOU.

Holy Cow..... I almost couldn't stand all that cuteness!!!

I'm in LOOOOOOVE with them all!!

Chance is SO handsome!!

The little shep mix that doesn't have a name should be Jimmy!! Then you'll have Marley (Bob Marley) and Jimmy (Hendrix) LOL!!
    ~Angie, Sierra & Buddy
    **Don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die!**

I suffer from multiple Shepherd syndrome

Awwwww, welcome everybody! And baby pups, you could give a wonderful Christmas gift to all of us on PT by eating and growing. And Shepherd mix with the dark face, you are so darling! If you were mine I would name you Noel because you came at Christmas time.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Thank you for saving all of them.
    What kind of dogs are the trio of pups?
    p.s. I love the name Greyson for the grey and white guy.

Parvo is taking over and We are losing them one at a time.....

Just as the title says. Parvo is taking over. I am not in the mental state to post a full thread in detail, but you can veiw it at our ChipIn page (link below). I am sorry, but I am emotionally drained.

We are currently giving the pups sub-cutaneous fluids and Penicilin (to prevent pnemonia). We have also made an herbal remedy called Parvaid. THey sell a better version of it online, but we can not afford that at this time.

Please pray for these puppies, Delilah, Maddie, and Gracin. They deserve a second chance...they are only babies, 10-12 wks old. Please spread the word, we really need financial help with this. I don't want anybody thinking I am begging once again for money...this was so sudden. I found out the pound has had Parvo pups for a long time and is INFESTED with Parvo and FELV...and they are doing NOTHING about it. Yet, they let people think the animals are healthy so they pull them. Like I said, I will update more when my mind is more clear...I am just a wreck right now. I am sorry.

Here is our ChipIn page link: http://reachoutrescue.chipin.com/vet-care-for-ror-pups. I will post a full thread update tomorrow and explain everything bit by bit, I just can't do it now. I am sorry.

Please help us, if you can not donate, please spread the word to anybody that can. Thank you.

www.rornfp.org

Jesus I hate shelters like that.
    Although I cause they say so much BS just to get the dogs out.
    Try posting on pbsmiles, people are always willing to donate there.
    See ALL my pets here
    Dogs:Pixie.Shrek
    Cats:Milo.Duck.Hank.Molly.Zoe

R.I.P:Thunder.Rockee