Thread: R.I.P. beautiful Blackie.

R.I.P. beautiful Blackie.

I just found out today that my sister had to put her beautiful cat, Blackie to rest last Sunday. He showed up at her back door about 7 years ago and never left. He was such a sweet loveable kitty that had to of belonged to someone. But no one claimed him after my sister put up posters, notified our SPCA, vets in her area and placing ads in several newspapers. We feel that he was abandoned as it was near the end of July when he showed up. You know that great old moving time where people put their animals outside and say, "Sorry, but where we are moving and they don't allow animals where we're going."
    He got a clean bill of health at the vets and was already neutered. At least his so called owners had the sense to do that.

He was about 15 years old and unfortunately had cancer of the mouth. It got to a point where he couldn't eat and was starting to lose weight. So my sister made that awful decision we all hate to make and had him PTS.

Here is a picture I have of him from 2 years ago.

Rest in Peace dear Blackie. You were dearly loved by all who met you and will never be forgotten.
    Love your Auntie Lorraine

R.I.P. my Precious Katie, Katie Pretty Lady.
    Oct. 1991 - Oct. 9, 2005
    R.I.P. my Beloved Wild Hair Wee Willy Winky
    April 8, 2005 - June 19, 2009
    R.I.P. my best friend Buddy.
    Sept. 1993 - Feb. 04, 2010
    R.I.P. my handsome Mooky.
    July 24, 2002 - April 1, 2010

Rest in peace, Blackie. You join the parade of black kitties we know at The Bridge, say Hello to Lucas for me, okay? He was a big black extra fluffy guy who, also like yourself succumbed to cancer.
    I've Been Frosted

Oh I'm so sorry to read about Blackie's passing. He sure was a beautiful boy. He apparently was meant to be w/your sister and he enjoyed a good life until it was time for him to go to an even better one. RIP, sweet boy. No more pain for you, but lots of good food and pleasure in eating. Peace to your family.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

I am so sorry for your sisters loss.

RIP Blackie
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Beautiful kitty - and how wonderful he found a great home after being dumped.

He had the best life he could have had because of your sister and her family.

{{{hugs}}}
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Blackies such a Big Hnadsome Cat, Lorraine and will look resplendent in his wings of Silver and Gold as hes now a member of the Animal Angel Army.
    Hes sorry that everyones sad, as he was one of the truly Lucky Pets who recieved a second chance at a Furrever Home when so many Animals do not.
    And hes starting his search for that wonderful place where Blackie and his family can be together once more in peace and friendship.
    One Fine Day.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

oh that poor blackie having cancer of the mouth.
    i'm sure blackie is looking over your dear sister until they meet again someday.
    that's so sad
    i hope your sister is ok.it's so hard losing your pet.
    rest in peace blackie.

Thank You Kim for this wonderful siggy

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power ,the world will know peace" jimi hendrix

I'm so sorry to hear this.

Rest in Peace Blackie.

From Decker with Love

Sleep softly, dear Blackie...

Rest in Peace dear Blackie.

My prays are with you and your family.

Melissa