Thread: Two Colony Babies in One Day - Baby One Smokey

Two Colony Babies in One Day - Baby One Smokey

Today has been a really tough day for my one colony. I have been spaying and neutering my last colony with the help of a friend. Last night our tabby tuxedo, Smokey, was trapped. We were really glad as he appeared to have a head injury. He went to the Humane Society where I have been doing my spay/neuter and they contacted my friend and said that he had ringworm on his head and other places. They also said that of the 40 cats we have brought in from this colony (no wonder I am broke), he was by far the most aggressive one they've seen. They recommended putting him to sleep and she gave them permission. I have such mixed emotions about this...but I wasn't consulted on this even though they are done under my name and I pay for them. Smokey, I believe was abandoned and was very tramatized over it. He cried much of the time in the beginning but was actually warming up to me and getting very close. He had not integrated himself into the colony in a way that he had a buddy and I always feed him seperate from them to make sure he did eat. I feel so guilty about this and him. Please say a prayer for him. Play happily at the Bridge Smokey. Know that I loved you dearly.
    Please see next post for other baby.
    Heaven is the place of final and complete happinees God has prepared for us----and if animals are necessary to make us happy in heaven, then you can be sure God will have them there. Reverend Billy Graham

Oh, Smokey, rest in peace dear one. Your pain and illness are now over forever. I am glad you knew love while you were yet here. Sends some puurs to your human in her dreams, okay?
    I've Been Frosted

I'm so sorry about your Smokey and Brodie...

It's hard enough to lose one beloved animal, but 2 in one day is too much...I am saying prayers for both of your sweet purr babies, and also for you. Just know and try to remind yourself that while they were here, they had love and care from you, and are now together at The Rainbow Bridge, and are safe and happy and joyfully chasing ladybugs and butterflies.
    "The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated."

Mahatma Gandhi

Baby Smokey, now you can be at peace and won't have the need for aggression. From now on it's only peace. Hopefully, your human mom can find some, too.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

I am so sorry on the loss on one of your colony babies. I think that you should tell your friend, not to make such a drastic decision by herself, before consulting with you first.

Rest in Peace sweetie and have fun on the RB.

R.I.P. my Precious Katie, Katie Pretty Lady.
    Oct. 1991 - Oct. 9, 2005
    R.I.P. my Beloved Wild Hair Wee Willy Winky
    April 8, 2005 - June 19, 2009
    R.I.P. my best friend Buddy.
    Sept. 1993 - Feb. 04, 2010
    R.I.P. my handsome Mooky.
    July 24, 2002 - April 1, 2010

I'm sorry that Smokey is gone and I'm sure this is so hard, especially since the decision was made without you. It sounds like he had a hard life and was alone without the company of other cats. At least he had you for a time to make it better and now, I'm sure he is surrounded with friends and love and lots of food and warmth at the Bridge.

I am so sorry. You work so hard to help these kitties and I'm sure it difficult to have to let them go.

RIP Smokey
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

HUGS to dear Smokey. Be happy at the Bridge, where you now have friends forever.

Heartbreaking that the decision was made without you...I wish you peace. He could love on you a bit, and that made all the difference to his life.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Thats a shame the Smokey was not given more of a chance, but hes now got his wings of Silver and Gold and is dining at Kit Kats in Toronto, a restaurant started by Cat Lovers, and he gets the first plate of thier wonderful menu.
    Hes an Eternal Animal Baby Angel and will frolic, forever young with All The Little Animal Angels until his Meeowmie who cared for him , and they meet in a special place to be together forever.
    One Fine Day .
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Sleep softly, Baby Smokey....please look for Babies Sylvia and Anne at the Bridge...