Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: At the very end of my rope....

Dearest Katie, please don't feel bad, no-one will be judging you here, and we all can empathize with your awful situation,nobody wants their home to smell like a cat toilet.

I had a few issues for only a small time when i first took in the girls, and it nearly drove me up the wall, and it was nothing compared to what you describe, i certainly don't blame you one little bit, I think you do indeed have to re-home her for the sake of your sanity, (your asset your home) and your other kitties too.

Maybe the medication Medusa suggested might work, and i know you will give it your best shot,I think you probably have done that already,I can only wish you all the best of luck with trying that or re-homing Suzie.

Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

I feel your pain....

Katie you should try to rehome her to a family that only wants one cat sometimes the issues go away once they are in an environment that only contains one cat? I have found that on a purebred cat website that a ton of the time it has to do with stress and being with all your babies might just be to much for her? Might be a win win??? I totally know how you feel my dear, I wouldn't have dealt with it this long. I would have taken her to a rescue group or found someone to take her. SO sorry for you and Suzie this will be difficult but you do have to do whats best for your family.... Prayers that the medication suggestion works. I will be thinking of you both.

*I've been Boo'd*

Katie, when I was having peeing problems with both Storm and Starr,which were also behavioral, I bought a couple of bags of Dr. Elsey's Cat Attract Litter and I just poured some if it on top of my other litter. It worked out great. I also bought more litter boxes and put them close to the peeing areas. One was by my front door so I gradually moved the litter box to a new location. Now I'm using Dr. Elsey's Precious Cat Litter which is unscented and they all love it.

Here's a link to Dr. Elsey's booklet with coupons:http://www.fieldhaven.com/docs/libra..._solutions.pdf. He also makes a litter additive which might help you too. I've never used it though. Good luck.

Here's another good link that might help you:http://www.catinfo.org/litterbox.htm.

Heidiv, I would LOVE to find someone to take her, but I dont think anyone would want a cat that pees everywhere (incase it doesnt stop) OR a kitty that bites them I dont know anyone without other pets, or I would pay them to watch her for a week or two and see if she improves.

Tracey, I will try the litter. I did move the pots, tried atleast 10 different litters, and new pans. Nothing has worked. The link you provided has wonderful info, I have it saved, and tried referencing it before, but all the suggestions seem to make it worse ( like moving the pans, new ones), BUT I will try to add a little to her litter to see.

Mary, I will call my vet in the morning. He is ALWAYS up for using anything that helps. He told me the same about the prozac (not being tested) and also the metacam they gave Andy (it can cause kidney issues) but he said that sometimes the good outweighs the bad. I am POSITIVE he will give me some, given they have some.

And dont worry everyone, I was talking really mean and not the truth. I would not put her to sleep. I was just really angry. I just need this to stop and now, before I DO have to put her outdoors (where I think she would be happier there anyways) I guess one or two more ideas wont kill me. Cant hurt anything (other than my "stuff") LOL

Thank you so much Michelle!

Please be responsible, spay and neuter your pets!

I've been BOO'd!!! Thanks Lori!

Quote Originally Posted by kt_luvs_kitties View Post
    And dont worry everyone, I was talking really mean and not the truth. I would not put her to sleep. I was just really angry.
    LOL, I don't think anyone really believed that you would do that. Trust me, my pee cats really tested my patience, Specs being the worst of them. Boo and Coco Puff at least would pee right in front of me but Specs and Yodie were sneaky and I'd have to catch them at it. It's bad when you have one pee cat but when others join in and the count goes to four, it's awful. It got so bad that I wouldn't invite anyone to my home until I had the problem solved, so I can relate totally. I hope your vet has some Clomicalm available. S/he may have to order it. And when you do try it, be patient. (You've already put up w/it for a long time so I guess that's a moot point. LOL) Some vets say that it takes a while to start working but, as I said, it started immediately for me. Hang in there.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Katie i know it is the better option to keep the cats indoors, but in NZ it is the norm to have indoor/outdoor cats as all my four are, i always keep them in at night times,this probably is your best bet, and don't worry she will be fine, you could restrict where she stays at night time, in a bathroom, and hopefully she will do most of her peeing outdoors,honestly if everything else you try fails, then make her an indoor/outdoor kitty,it really isn't so bad, hundreds of kiwi cats live this way very happily,(infact you are hard pressed to find an indoor kitty here except where they are used for breeding) of course we don't have the same predators that you do in the USA, and that is always a concern.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

I'm fighting the same battle you are. It's so frustrating. In my case, I don't know who it is. I can guess that it's one or two, and I think I know who would be most likely. But that doesn't solve the problem.

I have one guy who will definitely pee if he has to stay inside. He also chewed the base of his tail until it bled. So now I let him go out, but try to keep him inside only at night. That isn't working very well. I suspect there is at least one more cat involved.

I wish I had a solid solution for you. I just keep cleaning up the puddles and cursing under my breath. Simple Solution better not go out of business or I'm in trouble.