Thread: Its a mystery?

Its a mystery?

Do any of you find that your cats have a favorite object??? I have to say object because Paris is incrediably attached to a green string? She carries it everywhere? I have found her carrying it around the house, taking naps with it? And lately she has been taking and giving it to me to sleep with??? I was sleeping on our couch one night and she jumps up with her green string and she carefully places it in my arm and the side of my body. And she was off to explore the house as most of them do at night. I finally started to fall asleep and I felt her jump up ever so slightly as to not wake me....I didn't want to act like I knew she was there cause then she thinks its time to play. All I felt was a little tug so she wouldn't wake me and she was off with her green string? Probably cause it was time for bed?? Does anyone else have a feline with an attachment to something? I find this really remarkable since it reminds me so much of something a little kid would have like a security blanket?

*I've been Boo'd*

my cats do that too.a few of them will claim something and sleep with it or carry it around the house.
    like my sam loves this toy and it really is 'his' toy.if he hears it...he perks right up and runs down or up to get it.
    he even puts it in the water while he drinks it so noone will take it.

my lucy likes her green mousy...no other color.it has to be a green one.
    and others have their certain toy that they like,or sock filled w/catnip.

it seems they all have different personalitys and like their own thing.just like yours

Thank You Kim for this wonderful siggy

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power ,the world will know peace" jimi hendrix

Years ago, I had a black and gold shoestring that Smokey the Elder used to play with all the time. We referred to it as "the One True Shoestring"! When she went to the Rainbow Bridge, the shoestring was never seen again. Who says you can't take it with you?
    I've been finally defrosted by cassiesmom!
    "Not my circus, not my monkeys!"-Polish proverb

Yes my babies as well have their favorite items that they will always play with.. Its like their blankie thing..

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

Mine don't have favorite toys but Amy still loves her red bed better than anything... the one I made so long ago, this one
    Last edited by Laura's Babies; 12-17-2008 at 06:38 AM.

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

Scrappy 2 the Sensational has an old AWA Mouse , that she still drags around from when she first joined us about 4 years ago soon.
    And Michael loves his Disney Mickey and Minnie qulited crib blankie, hes got in under the living room bed with him.

And Hnadsome John Hamcock loves to play with leaves and I bring in a few for him from the trees in the front yard.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

So glad to hear that its not just Paris....We were worried that she was a different than our others. If she is its a good different I can't help but love the fact that I am the only other one she shares it with

*I've been Boo'd*

Cassie Cat's favorite object is ... me ... her food server, dish washer, litter box cleaner, masseuse, and whatever else I am to her!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Mango's favorite toy is a little fluff ball with a pipe cleaner wrapped around it that he got as a two-month old kitten. Almost eight years later, he still plays with that toy.
    Randy

Milly is obsessed with the plastic rings that you pull off the milk jugs.
    She will carry them around in her mouth, toss them around with her paws and meow at someone to play with her. She will fetch them if you throw them down the stairs and will sit up and beg for them loudly if you hold one up over her head. Sometimes she will snatch it up in her mouth on her way out of a room just to keep it close to her.
    Izzy love pink furry mice and her favorite ornaments to bat around are purple and blue, we don't have any pink ornaments for her but I am sure those would be her first color choice if we did.
    RIP sweet Samantha
    6/26/88-8/28/08
    ----------------------------

Milly & Izzy

I keep reading about how cats love the milk rings. So I started saving them and would throw them on the floor for the cats.

All of them looked at me like "are you crazy? you really expect me to play with that?"

Pearl is obsessed with straws even though I don't let her play with them very often. She also loves most of her tiny furry mice but is constantly losing them.

Sky came with a brown catnip mouse and he still has it. He used to sleep with it every night and will still play with it sometimes. It's getting very worn out.