Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Prayers for Decker please

Prayers for Decker please

Decker is staying at the vet hospital tonight. He started peeing blood again about 4:30 this afternoon. I was on my hands and knees cleaning when he ran to the corner, squat and dripped blood. It took half an hour to catch him and get him in the carrier and he was so stressed out (so was I).

The vet said he wasn't blocked and that his bladder was empty so she wanted to keep him overnight to try to catch some urine. If that doesn't work they will extract it with a needle in the morning. She's afraid he may have a difficult to treat infection and just giving him another injection of the same antibiotics as last week might not work. Once she can test his urine she'll know if an x-ray or ultrasound will be needed. She's suppose to call me in the morning.

I sure do miss him and I'm so worried about him being alone over there all night. He will miss his sister Moxie so much. I hope this doesn't make him more timid and feral than he already is.

Please keep him in your thoughts and prayers.

From Decker with Love

Oh dear! I hope that he will be fine. Please keep us posted with any updates you get.

Poor Decker!! I'll be keeping him in my thoughts and prayers. I hope he'll be ok and he won't be so scared!

Prayers for Decker, and hugs to you -- and Moxie, as well.

Prayers for Decker and for all of you.
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

San Francisco, CA, where life is happy and gay!
    Poor Decker! Prayers going out fior a speedy recovery.

Little Ms. Mitzi Mitts
    Our Photo Albums are
    Here and Here
    In memory of my beloved fur children, Goldie, Mishi and Mitzi.
    Rest in peace and play hard at the Rainbow Bridge.
    Goldie: 9/5/88 - 4/10/03
    Mishi: with us from 5/5/03 - 7/13/07
    Mitzi: with us from 4/19/03 - 1/23/10

O dear!! I just posted on Cat General!!! I am so sorry to hear that Decker is having problems again! The same thing happened with Boo. Turned out she needed the antibiotic she was on changed, after that she did very well!!! Hope Decker will have a good night(and you, too). Again, MEGA prayers for Decker. HUGS for you!!!!

PT Prayers for Decker and hugs for Mom!

Hopefully just a med change will clear everything up.

Poor widdle guy - hope he is home with his mom soon!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Darn it anyhow! I remember how Puddy kept getting UTI's and, although frustrating for me and difficult for her, antibiotics always cleared them up. Maybe Decker wasn't on the antibiotic long enough. Sometimes it takes a couple of rounds, even w/humans; it's sure that way w/me. Prayers that Decker will be cleared of this nuisance once and for all.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Prayers and good thoughts headed your way.

Have you thought of trying cranberry powder? Candace said one of her cats was on it once and it helped. I'm giving it to Grady on a daily basis, and he's been fine since his one and only, though very long, episode with hematuria and crystals last spring.

Grace, the cranberry was very useful - my vet said about 50mg a day for about a month.

However, Oscar was also on antibiotics for a month to get the very stubborn infection cleared up! The crystals went away almost immediately (there were very few), but he still had the blood in his urine for another 3 - 4 weeks. Poor baby!

In case it is of help to others I will give a few more details here:

The vet figured Oscar had 'idiopathic cystitis', which is mostly due to stress. Oscar had been wild for the first 2 1/3 -3 years of his life, and he had adjusted very well to being indoors and a total sucky boy! However, this infection flared up several months after Cole came to live with us. Oscar and Cole got along great - but as the vet pointed out, even GOOD stress is still stress.

That is why Oscar is on Feliway to this day - he wears a really stretchy collar, and gets a shot a day in it. (He is down from 2 - 3 shots several years ago). The vet suggested trannies - but thanks to Pet Talk, I had heard of this natural alternative, the vet went for it, and all is well!

More prayers that Decker is fine soon. Sometimes the anti-b's just take a while.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Prayers for poor Decker.

How scary! I'm glad he is at the vet though and will receive the help he needs. I hope the vet will find the right medication to clear this up for Decker. He is probably missing you guys but hopefully he has a sense that he is getting help for what must be very uncomfortable and that might put him at ease a bit. Prayers going out that he sleeps soundly and that things get on the right track for him asap!

Poor Decker-baby. Yeah, they will want to find out what exactly the bacteria is that causes the problem. Thus they cannot only attack it with a broadband stuff but with a more spceific med.
    All the best for him.

I am just so sorry Lori.

I will be praying for Decker, and keeping him in my thoughts

*HUGS* to Lori

Thank you so much Michelle!

Please be responsible, spay and neuter your pets!

I've been BOO'd!!! Thanks Lori!