Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I Caught Ashley Peeing *Update* 2/19/09 She Tried to PEEING AGAIN I Caught Her Again!

I Caught Ashley Peeing *Update* 2/19/09 She Tried to PEEING AGAIN I Caught Her Again!

Ashley my 4-year old torte peed on my front door this morning.

We've been dealing with some pee spots around the house and she was one of the first ones we tested although it took forever it seemed. The first pee sample we gave the vets contained a lot of crystals and I kept thinking it was Claudia but we figured we should test Ashley's as well and her pee came out just fine.

Claudia on the other hand matched the pee we found in the kitchen. We've also been having pee show up in the tub which I don't mind that much as long as it stays in the tub.

But someone did pee on our fish tank stand which is wood but I managed to clean that pretty well.

We knew someone was peeing in the corner of the door because it smelled but we tried to clean it up as best as possible. I even went and got that Urine Gone stuff and used my husband's black light on the spot and didn't see anything until today.

This morning I was sitting on the couch and Ashley was prancing near the front door and I thought that was a little odd behavior and sure enough...she peed right against the same spot I've scrubbed before.

So I called the vets because of Claudia last week (she's still peeing in the kitchen although....but it could now be Ashley but the pee from before matched Claudia's so....we'll see...although we don't know who is peeing in the bathtub but at least we know who is peeing on the door way.

Ashley has a vet appointment tomorrow at 3:15 pm to get checked out and see what's up with her. I don't know which to hope for that they find something or hope that this is behavior and we can fix it.

Melissa
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	May 08 (2).JPG 
Views:	127 
Size:	606.1 KB 
ID:	41138   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	November 2008 (5).JPG 
Views:	123 
Size:	465.6 KB 
ID:	41139  
    Last edited by Anikaca77; 02-19-2009 at 07:35 PM.

I HOPE ITS NOTHING SERIOUS, AND THAT YOUE WHITE COATS WILL BE ABLE TO CLEAR THAT UP, AS CYRSTALS ARE NO FUN FOR ANYONE.
    SOMEONE HAS BEEN POOING OUTSIDE THE BOX, AND I AHVE A FEELING IT MAY BE MICHAEL THE DREAM, AS HIS VISIONS CLOUDY, AND HE MIGHT BE POOING IN THE LITTER THAN SCTAPPY 2 THE SENSATIONAL AND THE LITTLE ORANGE LION MIQUELITO KICK OUT.

A LITTLE SHORT, AM I DAD
    SORRY ABOUT THAT CHIEF!!!
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Ditto to what catmandu said!!! This out of box urination is so frustrating!!!

Oh boy, that's no fun for anyone, especially Ashley if she's sick. If it's behavioral, though, it's quickly fixable. Hopefully you'll get to the bottom of things as soon as possible.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Well today's the day to find out if it's behavorial or not. My husband thinks it is and if it is ...I don't know hopefully they'll tell me how to fix it.

Well it's behavorial....the vet said that Ashley looks great, her skin is great, and overall she didn't feel anything...so now we are going to try those Feliway plugins and the vet did suggest putting Ashley in the bathroom or a separate room which is our bathroom for a week so then if the pee stops in the kitchen then we know who's doing it....I hope the plugins will help...

We are going to be monitoring the chasing around the house as well, I think that might have something to do with it and I think I'm going to invest in take Ashley for some more car rides since gas prices have gone down and that might help her by getting out of the house and having some quality time with me and her...she loves car rides...I sorta trained her to just ride in the car when she was just a baby, I'd take her for a car ride usually twice a week and I'd just hold her and she loved it...so now when we go to the vets I just put a harness around her and put a leash on her as well and carry her to the vets.

Any suggestions would be great.

Thanks,
    melissa

I'm sorry to hear that you're going through this. When both Storm and Starr started peeing outside of the box it was also behavioral. My vet recommended Cat Attract Litter by Dr. Elsey which you can buy at Petsmart. I just bought 2 bags of it and put some on top of the old litter that I used and it worked out great. I also added more litter boxes in different locations. You should also get a good enzyme cleaner to remove the urine smell.

When you buy the feliway plugins you may also want to buy some of the spray too and spray the area's where the peeing has occurred. If all else fails you may want to try putting Ashley on medication like prozac, clomicalm, or something similar. Good luck.

Here's a great link with a lot of information about litter box problems: http://www.catinfo.org/litterbox.htm.

I also was going to suggest Prozac for the out of box experiences you are having with Ashley. We used the transdermal with Nicholas, the pill upset his stomach. Hoping for the best!!!

I was reading up on this behavorial thing and I saw that someone said that you can put alumin foil (sp) on the spot after cleaning it and the cats won't like the sound of it so it will make them stop peeing the spot. So far this week we haven't had any pee in the kitchen or bathtub since I took Ashely to the vets.

So I'm going to try to get her out of the house more, even if it's only for 15 mins but just enough for a ride and maybe this will make her happy.

Thank you all for your suggestions,
    Melissa

I'm so angry right now. I was trying to sleep and I heard Ashley having one of her fits..someone must of been bothering her and sure enough it was that Sebastian...I could kick his butt!! I won't but I could at this point. I was out their with Ashley trying to let her eat and I happened to notice her sniffing at a spot on the wall and though maybe she peed on it and well sure enough I saw pee right in front of my microwave!!!!

I was so ticked off!!!

Right now I have her in the bathroom with food and water...just to let her calm down and get away from the other cats...

I have placed an order for those feliway plug ins..but I don't know if that will be the trick or not...

So it was either Sebastian or her and I'm pretty sure it wasn't Sebastian peeing on the counter.

I'm just so ticked off right now. Before it was on my carpet and kitchen floor now she's taking it to the food counters!! That's just so gross. I know she's pissed off at me and Sebastian and these other one's but I'm not sure what else I can do at this point. I won't give her up for adoption because I've had her since she was a baby but I can't have this not since I rent....

I'm just so mad right now. I'm going to try to get some rest but man I'm not sure what else I can do for her and I don't want her this angry either to just be peeing on the counter tops now.

We noticed some other yellow stuff yesterday evening and I was really hoping that my husband spilled something and he just didn't clean it up but no I now know it was pee.

Grrr.....I just feel bad for her so I'm going to go give her a blanket now and hopefully she'll sleep well in their...

Melissa

I know it must seem as though I'm on continuous loop but I really believe that Clomicalm is the answer. As long as you get the dosage right (as little as possible) and give it to them before bed, it has a 24 hour residual effect and they won't be drowsy during the day and it won't affect their personalities. When I was in the middle of pee wars years ago, Boo would pee on the countertop and even once peed on the butter that I had left out. He never peed until I brought Specs in; Specs started the war. Then two others joined in and BAM! I was living in a giant litter box.

Like you, I was renting at the time and when I moved out, it cost me $900 to have the house professionally cleaned and to have the carpets steam cleaned. So do yourself a favor and give Clomicalm a try. Everyone, and I mean everyone, that comes into my home says that they can't believe that I have any cats at all. They can't smell anything. I've become so insane about the smell that I'd know if my cats were peeing again. It's been three years since I started my pee cats on Clomicalm and there have been no incidents. It'll save your sanity, your money and your home. Good luck, Melissa. I know how frustrating it can be and how you can have bad feelings about the cats that you so dearly love.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Didn't you guys recently add a new cat to your household? I think it was a kitty with one eye? I'm wondering if this is what is triggering this response from Ashley. She might be a bit jealous and maybe those car rides might really help. And/or lots of attention for Ashley to remind her she is still your girl.

How sad. More than anything I wish I knew what to say to ease your mind and make this problem go away. Right now all I can offer you is my support and prayers for a solution that will work well for everyone! Please keep us updated? Your PT friends care
    FIND A PURPOSE IN LIFE.....BE A BAD EXAMPLE

Fingers crossed that Ashley and her CatMom can solve the problem.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Well today I finally decided that I would put foil down and see what happens. Just about 2 weeks ago I got a new rug, really cheap one from Walmart for less than $3.00 and put it by the front door today I went to check it, it had pee on it...I have to say though I haven't checked it since I put it down so that rug was tossed and now I have foil around my house...one in front of the microwave since that's been her new spot...the other one by the front door taped up of course and I tried to put one in front of the oven since that's another good spot for her and sure enough Sophia (yes the new one eyed one) decided to play with the foil and not leave it along instead she wanted to drag it around the house....so that's removed for now.

I purchased some feliaway plug ins from Ebay so hopefully that will help her and taking her for some more car rides so I'm hoping that will help.

Thank you all for your help...sorry about ranting this morning I was just so ticked that it was on my counter....of all the places..

Thanks,
    Melissa