Thread: Cookies!! Tons of cookies! :)

Hybrid View

Cookies!! Tons of cookies! :)

I was busy making cookies for Christmas this weekend, and the weekend before. Would love to share them with you, but since I'm too far away, I'll show you some photos instead!

I made cinnamon stars, butter cookies, vanilla "kipferln", and coconut macaroons:

If I made you hungry, I'm sorry!

What kind of cookies did you make for Christmas?

Kirsten

Oh Kirsten, they look so yummy!! Which is your favourite? Can I have the recipe, please?

I'm going to make some later in the week, I usually make "Vanilla Wreths" (I think that's the closest translation). Years ago, the yhad a competition in the biggest newspaper here - who could make the best. I sat and waited for the result and made the winner ones.

The ones top left look a lot like the ones I make, except for the shape.

Just yesterday, I was looking for more recipes on cookies - gotta try something new now and again.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Aww Kirsten they did make me hungry, they look divine,it is 7am here and i have not had breakfast yet, got those digestive juices going seeing the pics lol.

I usually make shortbread creams in xmas shapes, and melt chocolate and put it on the back of them.

My sons partner is a primary school teacher, she has been busy cutting out xmas tree shapes for the kids to decorate, they look great, she has used green icing,little silver eatable baubles and rainbow chocolate bits for the lights on the tree,the children will have heaps of fun decorating them.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

Carole, that sounds so interesting, can you please make a photo of your shortbread creams?

Randi, congrats on winning the contest! That is so cool!

My faves are the butter cookies (in the second photo), I think. My grandma used to make them. Here's the recipe:

400 g wheat flour
    200 g sugar
    1 tea spoon baking soda
    200 g butter
    3 egg yolks
    8 g vanille sugar (one package)
    vanilla flavor

Knead everything to a smooth dough and put it into the fridge for two hours. After that, form the biscuits. I think they turn out best when you use a passing machine (this is what I did with the ones on the left). Bake them at 200°C until they are yellow golden.

Kirsten

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    OMG - you are sooooo cruel - posting pics of all those yummies and knowing we can't get to them. I'm drooling...........

I haven't made any yet. If I did, there would be none left for Christmas since my son is the original Cookie Monster! I don't do anything fancy - quick and easy is my style. Chocolate chip, white chocolate chip and macadamia nut, peanut butter. Tomorrow I'm making doggie cookies for the poochies and some for a couple of relatives poochies too. This will be a first for me - can't wait to see how they turn out.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

Kirsten i have not made them yet lol, the other ones that sound so nice are made by my sons girlfriend, i was up there yesterday,alas i did not take a pic.

Does anyone have a recipe for cat biscuits, i always see doggie ones, but not for the kitty's ,would love to make some for them for xmas?
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

Looking for more recipes? Here's a link for Gourmet Magazine's favorite cookies from each year for the past few decades

http://www.gourmet.com/recipes/cooki...=cookies_email

Kirsten, your cookies look yummy!
    I've Been Frosted

Ok, I am drooling here! Those look so yummy!!!
    I do not make cookies, but I make two different kinds of brownies. I will start making them today.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Kirsten, your cookies look delicious! And so many bowls full of Christmas cookies is a wonderful thing!

My sister and I will do our baking on Friday. Our family has two traditional recipes. My favorite are what we call "Babci" cookies (which just means "grandma", so that's not verey descriptive!). It's a cream-cheese-based dough, rolled out and cut into squares. Then, you add a glop of fruit-preserve-and-chopped-nut mixture, fold over the dough like a blanket, and bake. They're really delicious, and I've never seen them in a bakery or store. My Babci made great cookies!
    Oreo and Molly

These sure are making me hungry. I haven't baked cookies in a long time. I used to bake Christmas cut out cookies, gingerbread cookies, and snowball cookies for Christmas and chocolate chip cookies, and oatmeal raisin cookies throughout the year.

Ahhh, all your cookies sound (and look) so delicious!!! I definitely need to try some of the recipes next year!

And making kitty cookies is an excellent idea! Here's a recipe I found:
    cat cookies

Kirsten

Thanks Kirsten for finding the cat cookies, here is a pic as requested of my xmas cookies, i just baked them yesterday, today i will melt chocolate and put them on the bottom of them, then put them in gift bags for my parents, i used a vanilla recipe instead of the shortbread cream one, as it tends to be a bit soft.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Furangels only lent.