Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Merry Christmas?

Merry Christmas?

OK, I just have to ask, is anyone here truly offended when someone tells them Merry Christmas? I did some shopping today and I was talking to a mall employee who said that a list went around the mall of which stores are not allowed to tell customers Merry Christmas. I'm astonished....I have never heard of anyone actually being offended by it. I know plenty of people who are not christian, or no religion at all, not religious, etc. who have no problem with christmas. When did Christmas become offensive?

I am not offended, but then, I am Christian.

I know that has been the "rule" in the work place for a couple of years, now.

It is absurd... But then again, anything "PC" is.

I was at a new client yesterday. The owners are VERY devout Muslims from Palestine. As I left, they wished me a Merry Christmas. I then said I hope they had a fulfilling Ramadan.
    "Unlike most of you, I am not a nut."

- Homer Simpson

"If the enemy opens the door, you must race in."

- Sun Tzu - Art of War

That is just dumb. If I wished someone a "Merry Christmas" and in return they wished me a "Happy Ramadan" or "Eid" or "Hannukuh" (I'm sorry I'm sure I've spelled these things wrong) then I would be just as honoured if they had said Merry Christmas back.

I'm not offened by being wished Merry Christmas but I am offended by places who won't allow it. I won't shop at any store that won't let their people wish someone Merry Christmas.

I am so sick of all this PC crap. I have no problem with wishing people of other faiths Happy .... what ever there religions holiday is but want the same courtesy for my religion... Christianity.

Jen, it's not Christmas that's offensive to some, it's the CHRIST in it.
    No matter what anyone does, someone some where will be offended some how!!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    MY BLESSINGS:
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Grandma (RB), Chester, Angel, Chip

Leonardo (RB), Luke (RB), Winnie, Chuck,

Frankie

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    WHERE YOU ARE IS WHERE YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Quote Originally Posted by momoffuzzyfaces View Post
    I'm not offened by being wished Merry Christmas but I am offended by places who won't allow it. I won't shop at any store that won't let their people wish someone Merry Christmas.

I am so sick of all this PC crap. I have no problem with wishing people of other faiths Happy .... what ever there religions holiday is but want the same courtesy for my religion... Christianity.

Jen, it's not Christmas that's offensive to some, it's the CHRIST in it.
    This country has become a huge society of whiners and complainers. I too am so sick of all things PC!!

I wish people could get thicker skinned and stop letting everything bother them. It's gotten to the point of being absolutely ridiculous. What kind of a lesson is this for our children? Are we raising generations of spineless, snotty nosed babies?

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

Heres my take on the whole thing.
    IF YOU DON'T care for Merry Christmas and the whole deal-Work on the 25th and do not take any holiday pay or time off for the time being.

I am really tired of all the AHs that really do not care for the spirit of the season, but seem to want to have the time off to spend with their families.

JC, don't wreck it for me and everyone else.

Buck up and be grown up for kee-rist's sake.

I can't help it if you are a sorry AH.

Happy Kwanzaa, Eid, Christmas and all the rest.
    MORONS!

And XMass started with the Greek alphabet.
    I have a HUGE SIG!!!!

My Dogs. Erp the Cat.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Jefferson
    Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry.

....but where's Chanukah?
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Someone will always find something offending. The stores are just afraid of losing customers.

I think it's absurd.

I'm offended if someone calls me a nasty name and tells me they hope I get run over by a bus.

I am never offended by anyone wishing me joy and happiness ... in any language or religion.
    "We give dogs the time we can spare, the space we can spare and the love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made" - M. Facklam

"We are raised to honor all the wrong explorers and discoverers - thieves planting flags, murderers carrying crosses. Let us at last praise the colonizers of dreams."- P.S. Beagle

"All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king." - J.R.R. Tolkien

I am never offended by anyone wishing me joy and happiness ... in any language or religion
    THANK YOU! That hits the nail right on the head! Whatever you call it, when someone wishes you a Merry Christmas, this is exactly what they are saying, just using different words. They are just wishing you joy and happiness on Dec. 25th.

The world has just gotten TO silly and there are bigger issues that should be addressed rather that what to say to someone in December...

My buddie Mike is Jewish. They do not celebrate Christmas and he made that clear to me... in turn, I made it clear to him that I DO and his fur kids WILL get gifts from my fur kids. He does NOT have to accept them as Christmas gifts but just as "gifts from the heart".. He did and my fur babies also got "gifts from the heart" from his. I always felt blessed whenever he wished me whatever Jewish holiday they celebrated.

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

Quote Originally Posted by Twisterdog View Post
    I think it's absurd.

I'm offended if someone calls me a nasty name and tells me they hope I get run over by a bus.

I am never offended by anyone wishing me joy and happiness ... in any language or religion.
    Amen!

I think it's absurd.

Quoting for lack of a way to say it better!!! When did wishing people happiness become a bad thing? Sometimes the world makes my brain hurt.

Too right! Do we live in a world that has forgotten the meaning of "respect"?
    Yours in Whiskers

I'm not young enough to know everything.

"The Best Mirror is an Old Friend"

“The secret of what is small is the secret of clear-sightedness; the guarding of what is soft and tender is the secret of strength.”

• Lao Tzu