Page 1 of 31 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Nascar 2009

Nascar 2009

OK, so Daytona is a couple months away (well 64 days to be more accurate). But since we've already had the awards banquet, I'm starting this for the 2009 season. Here's the big story of the moment:

What will NASCAR be like without Petty Enterprises?

I saw that LaBonte was let out of his contract today....

Strange days ahead.

Who is going to take over the Laughing Clown Malt Liquor ride in 2009?

Did anyone watch the NASCAR special on CMY this weekend?

What a great documentary!

I would have watched if I had known it was on. I was at such a loss this weekend. There was NOTHING on tv to watch!

I caught the last 20 mintues or so. Will have to look for it again, looked really good!

Yeah, I can't even imagine NASCAR without Petty

We caught the show. It was really good.

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

So is anyone trying to keep up with all the mergers and driver changes inthe off season, or just waiting to see who is in what car on Feb. 15?

Elliot Sadler signed a contract extension through 2010. No wait, AJ Allmendinger will be in the #19. No, Sadler is suing, hs stays in the #19. AJ will maybe a 4th car for GEM...which is now GEM/Petty.

Bobby Labonte is leaves Petty. he is going to drive the #41 for Eanhardt/Gnassi. No wait,a Sponsor wants him in the #8...sorry Aric. Oops, wait a minute, Hall of Fame Racing has joined with Yates, and now Bobby is going to drive the #96 sponsered by Ask.com, taking over the points of the #38 David Gilliland drove last year. So where does that leave David?

Should be interesting when the cars take the track to see who really is where!

Until then...Dakar rally is gong on in South America. Robby Gordon is havinga good run, and just missed winning yesterday's stage by 21 seconds!

Janary 23-34-25....Lots of racing on Speed. Nascar traveling series and late models live from Irwindale. Joey Lagano and Marc Davis will be racing for Gibbs. And of course the Rolex 24 at Daytona...Casey Mears, Juan Pablo, Jimmie Johnson and others.

Quote Originally Posted by Cincy'sMom View Post
    Until then...Dakar rally is gong on in South America. Robby Gordon is havinga good run, and just missed winning yesterday's stage by 21 seconds!
    RG has always been a 'dirty driver', I hate having to wait for a minute of watching the support trucks race at the end of the program.

I wonder who is going to broadcast the bobsled races this year. I saw a blurb in the newpaper but didn't want to read who won, so if it's broadcast I'll be surprised.

Quote Originally Posted by RICHARD View Post
    RG has always been a 'dirty driver', I hate having to wait for a minute of watching the support trucks race at the end of the program.

I wonder who is going to broadcast the bobsled races this year. I saw a blurb in the newpaper but didn't want to read who won, so if it's broadcast I'll be surprised.

It will be on Speed. I have to look up again when, I think maybe it is 4 hours this weekend, and 2 hours next?

Edit to add information from Nascar.com:

SPEED is set to televise four hours of the Bodine Bobsled Challenge at noon ET on Jan. 18 and at 2 p.m. ET on Jan. 25. MRN Radio has signed on to provide live coverage all three days of the event.

It will be on Speed. I have to look up again when, I think maybe it is 4 hours this weekend, and 2 hours next?

Edit to add information from Nascar.com:

SPEED is set to televise four hours of the Bodine Bobsled Challenge at noon ET on Jan. 18 and at 2 p.m. ET on Jan. 25. MRN Radio has signed on to provide live coverage all three days of the event.
    Thanks,
    Our local paper does a roundup of all the 'not-so-major' sports a the bottom of page. When I see something I don't want to find out the results on, I bypass it. For some reason I thought the races had been run already.

Quote Originally Posted by RICHARD View Post
    Thanks,
    Our local paper does a roundup of all the 'not-so-major' sports a the bottom of page. When I see something I don't want to find out the results on, I bypass it. For some reason I thought the races had been run already.

They were actaully run on jan 2-4, so it is tape delay. But, at least it will be on!!

They were actaully run on jan 2-4, so it is tape delay. But, at least it will be on!!
    I'll get it right eventually!

THAT was NASCAR bobsledding!! Every turn was an adventure-What a way to earn your "Lake Placid Stripes"!
    Last edited by RICHARD; 01-18-2009 at 05:05 PM.

Durnit, I wanted to watch that, because I probably know some of the soldiers who were on the teams as brakemen!
    The one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind wasn't king, he was stoned for seeing light.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady's Human View Post
    Durnit, I wanted to watch that, because I probably know some of the soldiers who were on the teams as brakemen!
    I missed the first hour of the program and I hope they gave them a few minutes of airtime!