Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Next year it can only get better, right??

Next year it can only get better, right??

Sigh.. what a year 2008 has been.

My car has sucked me dry. I have replaced the radiator, the starter, the timing belt, the brakes, all 4 tires.. and today.. the alternator and battery.

I lost my job in October due to lay offs, and have not yet found work.

I have been sick pretty much since the beginning of the fall season, with consecutive colds, flus, and sinus troubles.

This year alone, my mom has lost 2 jobs due to lay offs (but luckily starts a new one on Monday - she's in Calgary AB, I'm in Richmond BC).

So please tell me, it can only get better in 2009, right? Right????

Oh mymy you have had a rough year.. For sure the sun will shine sooner or later.. Sometimes its later than sooner.. But you will have sunshine & that golden door will open for sure.. Best of Luck with the New Years 2009..

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

DJFyrewolf has a thread that has some good ideas in it...like, until things get better, that people can do small jobs for others...babysitting, shoveling a walk or two, shopping...again, not huge cash flow, but ways that people can be a bit closer and help each other through this time.

I really really feel so badly for the auto employees...we have so many in Canada, and many many more in the USA. Huge prayers for them.

I hope we all find a way to help each other out.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Hey, so you practically have a new car, right? 2009 WILL be better, I am sure of it.
    I've Been Frosted

I am the number one supporter of 2009 being a better year!!! I am so sorry to hear of the terrible year you've had.

I've had three major surgeries this year, several major falls and accidents in my family, my daughter moved to NC, I lost my job because I was away so long, and have been diagnosed with many other medical problems. Phew!! Things can only get better. I have to go back into the job market at the first of the year and I worry about it all the time. I fear that there will be no one hiring. There are hiring freezes everywhere.

I finally feel like I'm on the road to recovery. That's the greatest thing I can think of. It's really paid off to keep a positive attitude through all this. Thank goodness for my family and friends. Thanks to Pet Talk for keeping me going too.

Thoughts and prayers going out to everybody that needs a better year next year!!! {{{{{HUGS}}}}}

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

I thank God every day my husband and I have good stable jobs, I pray every day for everyone who is having it so hard. My sister is one of them, she was layed off near the beginning of the year and still has not found work and this month is the last of her unemployment!! I worry all the time about her and her state of mind. I truly pray 2009 is better for all of you and for my family and friends.
    I have been Boo'd!!!!!

Thanks everyone. I actually got a call today from a company that I had interviewed with; the position I applied for had been filled internally, but the HR person was so impressed with me that she wanted to forward my resume on to some other managers for upcoming positions - so I took that as very good news!!!

I think it's been a tough year for just about everyone. Yes, 2009 will be better for you and everyone. Let's decree it and affirm it.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

I swear, there is somthing terribly wrong with 2008. I have heard it from so many people.

This year my beloved father passed away, my sister's sister-in-law passed away, a long time family friend passed away, two of my dogs died, my sister and brother-in-law separated, my niece and her husband got divorced, my niece's baby girl was stillborn, my son and my step-son both got in trouble and were sent to juvenile placement facilities, my husband got demoted at his job, my son totalled two cars, and my best friend was just diagnosed with advanced cancer, at age 44.

I stop myself from saying, "I can't wait for this year to be over, because next year has to be better!" because, frankly, next year doesn't have to be better, and I don't want to curse myself by saying that.

But dang ... how much can you take in one year????
    "We give dogs the time we can spare, the space we can spare and the love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made" - M. Facklam

"We are raised to honor all the wrong explorers and discoverers - thieves planting flags, murderers carrying crosses. Let us at last praise the colonizers of dreams."- P.S. Beagle

"All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king." - J.R.R. Tolkien

Tomorrow you will wake up and greet the day.

When you go to sleep think about what didn't happen and that is the start of your streak of good days.

The crappy days are done with and you only have the future to work on.

Bad luck isn't what you have to look forward to. Use this time as a foundation for the time when you can look back and say to yourself, "Man, that really sucked, glad I am here, now!"

Prayers and best wishes going your way.

Thanks Catty

Man, has 2008 been a roller coaster ride *sigh* This year has been such a pain in the you know what, but at the same time such a huge blessing because of my son and my job which at the moment has really low hours but at the same time I really enjoy the work.

Here's to 2009...may we live well using the lessons 08 has taught us. (Everything happens for a reason, I say!)

Quote Originally Posted by Nomilynn View Post
    So please tell me, it can only get better in 2009, right? Right????

Throwing out my favorite quote of the moment: It'll all be ok in the end. If it ain't ok, it ain't the end.

That's what has kept me going all year.

Hope 2009 is better for everyone!
    Hold your head high.
    Don't ever let 'em define
    The light in your eyes.
    Love yourself, give them Hell.
    You can take on this world.
    You just stand and be strong
    And then fight
    Like a girl.

"What doesn't kill us makes us stronger" is a phrase I've often heard. 2008 has been a historic year on many fronts but we must remember that it isn't the first. We are a spoiled society and spoiled generation - just think of what our grandparents and our parents have had to endure in their time - and they have survived. It is our time to learn and there are many lessons to be had from the events in our world today.

My greatest wish for 2009 is that we take those lessons and use them wisely. Hang in there - life is definitely worth living - even in the tough times.
    Yours in Whiskers

I'm not young enough to know everything.

"The Best Mirror is an Old Friend"

“The secret of what is small is the secret of clear-sightedness; the guarding of what is soft and tender is the secret of strength.”

• Lao Tzu

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    Next year can only get better??? We can only hope and pray!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

Here's to hoping next year isn't filled with losing two important people, stressful job situations, family gatherings ending in fights, and sh*tty friends.

~Kay, Athena, Ace, Kiara, Mufasa, & Alice!
    "So baby take a axe to your makeup kit
    Set ablaze the billboards and their advertisements
    Love with all your hearts and never forget
    How good it feels to be alive
    And strive for your desire"

-rx bandits