Thread: The Vice-President's new dog

The Vice-President's new dog

Here's a link to a short article and video. The puppy is adorable. And wouldn't it be nice if we all had a cop to train our dogs

http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/story?se...cal&id=6551344

That is nice, but i would think that he would want that emotional bond with the pup while it grows up. Oh well, what a sweet face! so kissable thanks for showing that i hadent herd yet!

The puppy will only be gone for 6 weeks of training. That will put him and VP-Elect Biden in the White House around the same time, if I read that right.

(I could have understood wrong...)

I will miss you forever, my sweet Scooter Bug. You were my best friend. 9/21/1995 - 1/23/2010
    Goodbye, Oreo. Gone too soon. 4/2003 - 9/12/2011.
    Farewell & Godspeed, sweet Jadie Francine. You took a piece of my heart with you. 11/2002 - 8/8/2016
    Charlie kitty, aka: Mr. Meowy. Our home is far too silent now. 2003-6/14/2018

Oh yes, a shepherd, one of the worse breeds to be around when you have allergies in my experience. I hope Obama's girl doesn't have any problems having this pup near or it'll have to stay away from the white house. I wish he'd have adopted an adult from the breeder. He clearly doesn't have time for training and caring for a puppy and Obama already promised his girls a puppy. Wouldn't it be great if one of them would have showed the country how nice it is to adopt an adult.
    "There are two things which cannot be attacked in front: ignorance and narrow-mindedness. They can only be shaken by the simple development of the contrary qualities. They will not bear discussion."

Lord John Emerich Edward Dalberg Acton

Quote Originally Posted by IRescue452 View Post
    Oh yes, a shepherd, one of the worse breeds to be around when you have allergies in my experience. I hope Obama's girl doesn't have any problems having this pup near or it'll have to stay away from the white house. I wish he'd have adopted an adult from the breeder. He clearly doesn't have time for training and caring for a puppy and Obama already promised his girls a puppy. Wouldn't it be great if one of them would have showed the country how nice it is to adopt an adult.
    This is for VICE-PRESIDENT Biden. Far as I know the Obamas have not yet chosen theirs.

Wouldn't it be great if one of them would have showed the country how nice it is to adopt an adult.
    I am pretty bothered by this (I am sorry, but I think very low of our government). I also think he should have adopted an adult from the Shepherd "Farm". Nice of him to go to a breeder instead of a pound or shelter for a puppy as well. I really think that if he adopted, it would send a really nice message....and like you mentioned he is going to be busy. He probably won't even be the one raising or caring for the dog. But after all he is the Vice President, so that will make it all okay.

"The dog represents all that is best in man." Etienne Charlet

www.rornfp.org

What a beautiful puppy
    Yes I agree they should have adopted but I don't see a point in getting angry over this. The dog will obviously be very well cared for and I'm sure Biden will be spending plenty of time with the dog.
    And from what I heard, Obama wants to adopt a shelter dog.

The Vice President does NOT live in the White House, so there is no reason to believe the Obama girls will be in much contact with the pup at all.
    I've Been Frosted

What a winner....you'd think the man this special cop would know not to buy a puppy at SIX WEEKS old...
    Yea i bet that breeder was real responsible

I don't think the pup was removed from its parents at six weeks, he just bought it on reserve. I'm also pretty sure its not going to start training at this age, so it won't be ready come January when he's the new vice president. It'll probably be a few months old when this 6-week training begins and he'll get it when its done with all of that.

Karen, I guess you're right, it'll be kept at a different place. I was just thinking if he had the dog with him a lot and if it did happen to come to the white house it might cause allergy trouble. No matter.

I'm wasn't being angry when I said that he should have got an adult. I was just saying it would be nice for the country to see that, especially given that he's going to be extra busy. He could have even gotten an adult from a breeder instead of a shelter and it would have been nice.
    "There are two things which cannot be attacked in front: ignorance and narrow-mindedness. They can only be shaken by the simple development of the contrary qualities. They will not bear discussion."

Lord John Emerich Edward Dalberg Acton

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    Damned if you do - damned if you don't!!! It seems you just can't please everybody!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

I didn't know that Biden loves GSDs. They are a fantastic breed & make
    great companions. I understand that he personally will not do all
    the pup's training, but that's to be expected because of Biden's job.

The pup he chose is adorable.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

I'm wasn't being angry when I said that he should have got an adult. I was just saying it would be nice for the country to see that, especially given that he's going to be extra busy. He could have even gotten an adult from a breeder instead of a shelter and it would have been nice.
    I completely understand and I agree with you.
    I wasn't directing it towards you at all, I was just saying in general. Sorry for the miscommunication.