Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 50th birthday

50th birthday

Been going through a hard time lately. One of my children is in the hospital, will be out tomorrow but we have a long way to go.
    Will be moving back home to get well and catch up on bills.
    My 50 is coming up in Feb and by then I will need a break more then anyone can possibly know. So what does a fun loving and slightly insane woman do to celebrate a birthday of 50 years?
    Here is my idea. Let me know what you think.
    Pack an overnight case, go to the airport, walk up to the ticket countrer, ask when the next flight leaves and hop on that plane, where is it going, don't know, don't care. I will then spend the day in that American city shopping, having a lovely lunch and exploring the sights. It will be a total surprise. Hope it's not LA it's a long flight for just a day.

Impulsive. Sounds like a plan, go for it.
    I have a HUGE SIG!!!!

My Dogs. Erp the Cat.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Jefferson
    Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry.

Ooh, that sounds good! Or, pick the city, someplace you have wanted to go and have NEVER been before!

When I turned 50 in August, I bought my Carmine!

So I say, GO FOR IT! BE Bold, Be Daring!

Wow, that actually sounds like a lot of fun! I wish I could be spontaneous like that. I say go for it!!
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

WoW how did you all know what I was thinking?? My 50th day is the beginen of March.. I will be right behind ya by couple of weeks.. I will for sure check out everyones ideas of how to celebrate.. Hey I will say I love getting all of the AARP info of discounts to be getting..

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

LOL! That sounds like a brilliant idea, except.... perhaps set a limit to how many miles away you go. Or go on a discount airline that doesn't have destinations too far away. I'm sure you'll have fun!

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Wow! Neat idea. My 50th is in May, and I need to figure out what to do (besides sign up for AARP)
    I've been finally defrosted by cassiesmom!
    "Not my circus, not my monkeys!"-Polish proverb

WoW how many of us is to turn 50 in 2009?? I see so far there is 3-4 of us pretty close together with our Birthdays..
    Quote Originally Posted by smokey the elder View Post
    Wow! Neat idea. My 50th is in May, and I need to figure out what to do (besides sign up for AARP)

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

The only thing I would be worried about is that the people at the ticket counter might think it was suspicious for someone to just pick a flight at random, and you might wind up celebrating your birthday being questioned by federal agents.

LOL, hey that might be fun, messing with them a bit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Prairie Purrs View Post
    The only thing I would be worried about is that the people at the ticket counter might think it was suspicious for someone to just pick a flight at random, and you might wind up celebrating your birthday being questioned by federal agents.

Yep, they will be suspicious and you could be pulled aside and searched so be ready for it, just in case. A last munite purchase sent off alarms these days..

But hay! I say Go for it and enjoy the entire experience! Sounds like fun!!

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

San Francisco, CA, where life is happy and gay!
    Sounds like a plan. Or you could go to a rock concert, spend the day at a spa, go shopping locally or do absolutely nothing. Spend the day in your jammies eating bon bons!

I had a big party at my girlfriend's restaurant for my 50th. I kept trying to tell myself that it's just a number, but it's a shocking number

Little Ms. Mitzi Mitts
    Our Photo Albums are
    Here and Here
    In memory of my beloved fur children, Goldie, Mishi and Mitzi.
    Rest in peace and play hard at the Rainbow Bridge.
    Goldie: 9/5/88 - 4/10/03
    Mishi: with us from 5/5/03 - 7/13/07
    Mitzi: with us from 4/19/03 - 1/23/10

My 50th, which was more than a few years ago, was an absolute blast!!! It was on a Saturday and I wound up having two celebrations. On the Wednesday before, a couple of friends to me to a local watering hole to see some "male dancers", then on the actual day (Saturday) I went downtown to see some more "male dancers" but this time the gang included coworkers, family (yes, my Mom too) and many other friends as well. It was the best ever!!!

Now, that was before I joined PT so lets just say that my 60th may include out of town guests...... I'm not sure if Vancouver is ready for that yet.

You know what? Whatever you do, make it special. Wherever you fly to, how about checking into a hotel for the night and somehow work in a spa day before flying home.
    Last edited by slick; 12-11-2008 at 07:46 PM.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

what a great idea, go for it, I say, i wish i had done something a little more special, however we did go away overnight and i saw America live in concert there, which i had not seen since i visited the USA way back in 1976, so it was a real blast, and one full of awesome memories of my trip and a time in my life when i was young, free spirited and had so much fun,oh those were the days lol.

Enjoy your special day whatever you decide to do,it only comes but a once,and
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

Quote Originally Posted by Marigold2 View Post
    My 50 is coming up in Feb and by then I will need a break more then anyone can possibly know. So what does a fun loving and slightly insane woman do to celebrate a birthday of 50 years?
    Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
    When I turned 50 in August, I bought my Carmine!
    Quote Originally Posted by lvpets2002 View Post
    WoW how did you all know what I was thinking?? My 50th day is the beginen of March.. I will be right behind ya by couple of weeks..
    Quote Originally Posted by smokey the elder View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by lvpets2002 View Post
    WoW how many of us is to turn 50 in 2009?? I see so far there is 3-4 of us pretty close together with our Birthdays..

For all of you turning 50 or even over 50, consider joining the Red Hat Society!! Here's a link to Wikipedia that explains:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_Hat_Society

You get to wear red hats and purple dresses! You can have HATITUDE!

Marigold, you can be the LAST OF THE RED HAT MAMAS!

You can either join a chapter near you or start your own. I recently saw a Red Hat chapter meeting in a restaurant to celebrate a 50th birthday. They were having great fun.

But whatever you do...GO GET A PURPLE HAT!
    Spoiled child, bad
    Spoiled cat, good