Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My mom UPDATED #13

My mom UPDATED #13

Hello all, I have not been on here much the last few months, not because I did not want to be, just not enough time in the day. If possible could I please get some of those powerful PT prayers. My mother has been critically sick, the most of November she was in the hospital and we almost lost her twice. She is a fighter I will tell you that. We find out next Wed if what the dr's think is wrong is true. They think my mom has Pancreatic Cancer!!!
    Never in my life did I ever think I could possibly loose my mom the same way I lost my grandfather when I was 11 yrs old, but we have had 5 dr's tell us this is what they think. My mom is living with my husband and I, finally home from the hospital....wooohooo Hopefully she will stay there for quite a while.
    So if y'all don't mind sending some prayers our way, my family would greatly appreciate it.
    Thank you very much, Marti
    Last edited by kallisto4529; 01-02-2009 at 01:17 AM.
    I have been Boo'd!!!!!

Of course, prayers are going up right now for your mom's healing and for your peace of mind. Hopefully, you'll have your mom w/you for many years to come.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Prayers for your mom, and for you and your family. Fingers crossed the tests come out the way you prefer!

My thoughts and prayers are going out to all of you. I hope your Mom gets well very soon. {{{{{HUGS}}}}}

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

Oh my gosh!! Marti, I had no idea this was going on. I'm such a bad friend. I should have contacted you more. You know you can always call, email or PM me if you need to.
    I will definitely keep your mom in my thoughts.
    Big Hugs to you, your mom and Jeff!!
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

HUG PT prayers for your mom!

I hope the doctors are wrong (yep, all of them!) and that this is something else which is treatable!

HUGS!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Of course she will be in our prayers.
    I've Been Frosted

Oodles of prayers for your mom. Thank you for having her with you. Please keep us updated.

I've been Boooo'd!

And I add my prayers for your Mom and your entire family.

Thank you guys so much, you have always been a huge source of support and comfort, I can not tell you how much it means to me. Cindy you are not a bad friend, I did not exactly call you or anything either to tell you, I know I can always call and that helps more than you know.
    Having my mom home is precious time for me and I would not have it any other way, even if the test comes back positive, she will remain here, she is not going back to a dreadful hospital for anything unless it is an emergency, hospice can come here and take care of her. we already have a nurse and physical therapist coming in three times a week. So far today is a great day...lol she feels good and we have my great nephew here who is 6 mos old, he is always a joy to us....thank you again and I will keep you all posted.
    I have been Boo'd!!!!!

Lots of prayers and positive thoughts are being sent her way.

Prayers for your Mother and those who love her!

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

I have waited until after the holidays to update, they were hard enough for me and I did not want to bring anyone else down if I could avoid it. My mom is dying!! She was diagnosed with Pancreatic Cancer, she became jaundiced and because of other health issues, chemo or radiation is not an option for her. She has chosen not to let the dr's alleviate her jaundice, it will make her death much easier and less painful for her. If they let the cancer progress and take the jaundice away, her pain would be excrutiating. We had a wonderful Christmas and New year with her, and every day is a blessing we get to see her smile and tell us she loves us. She is living with my husband and I, and the rest of my family comes there and helps us take care of her. Hospice is helping as well, and we have been told it could be anytime. So please pray we have the courage,faith and strength to see her off with the grace she deserves and to survive it afterward.
    thanks to all of you
    Marti
    I have been Boo'd!!!!!

dear marti and family. i wish you all peace and joy and, in knowing that your mother made the best choice for her, i wish you all acceptance and solace. my deepest sympathy, joyce
    joyce who has princess peanut, spokesdog for the catpack, mojo, magic, kira and squirty, members of the catpack, angel duke, a good dog who is missed and angel alex the wonder dog, handsome prince.

Having her at home and caring for her there will bring you comfort later. I don't have to tell you to cherish every moment. (((HUGS)))

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!