Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My mom UPDATED #13

Quote Originally Posted by kallisto4529 View Post
    I have waited until after the holidays to update, they were hard enough for me and I did not want to bring anyone else down if I could avoid it. My mom is dying!! She was diagnosed with Pancreatic Cancer, she became jaundiced and because of other health issues, chemo or radiation is not an option for her. She has chosen not to let the dr's alleviate her jaundice, it will make her death much easier and less painful for her. If they let the cancer progress and take the jaundice away, her pain would be excrutiating. We had a wonderful Christmas and New year with her, and every day is a blessing we get to see her smile and tell us she loves us. She is living with my husband and I, and the rest of my family comes there and helps us take care of her. Hospice is helping as well, and we have been told it could be anytime. So please pray we have the courage,faith and strength to see her off with the grace she deserves and to survive it afterward.
    thanks to all of you
    Marti
    A word of encouragement: a good friend of mine was diagnosed w/pancreatic cancer in Sept. of '07 and was told that he had 3 weeks to 3 months to live. Here he is in Jan. of '09 and he went shopping w/his family on NYE day. He did take chemo and radiation immediately upon his diagnosis but he couldn't take it for long because he developed an allergic reaction to the chemo so he's been off it all this time. The drs. told him that he's defied everything they've said and his time has been quality and a real gift. So keep the faythe. (I know, easy for me to say but I'm praying that you have much more quality time w/your mom.)
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Cancer is such an ugly, scary word. {{My thoughts and prayers are with you.}}

I'm so sorry to hear this. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family during this difficult time. Enjoy every moment that you have with her. Please take care. (((HUGS)))

Marti, I am sitting here in tears for you and your family. I am so so sorry. I hope the time you have left with your mother is wonderful and....well, I just don't know what I could say to help ease your pain. If there was any way I could do that I would in a heartbeat.

Please, give me a call anytime you need to talk. Leave a message if I don't answer and I will return the call ASAP!

Hugs to you and the family.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Give her some hugs and sending prayers out to you.

Bless you and your family.

Oh no..... I just saw this...

I am sending your mom, you and your family lots of courage and strenght in this difficult time...!! I just lost my own mom, so I know how sad you must be feeling now. Loosing your mom, it is the hardest thing possible... .
    I miss you enormously Sydney, Maya, Inka & Zazou Be happy there at the Rainbow Bridge

Oh Marti, this is a tough time for you, your mom sounds a real fighter all right,all fingers and paws crossed here she will continue with her battle and win, sending you big hugs.,thinking of you.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

{{{{{{hugs}}}}}}

May your time with your mom be wonderful, and may she be comfortable and happy.

Prayers that there might even be a small miracle.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

I am SO sorry your mom is not doing well. I'm glad to hear you guys had a good holiday season though, that's wonderful to hear =) I hope your mom breaks the odds like Medusa's friend did. (((hugs))) and prayers to you!

Prayers for kallisto4529 and family from me in Chicago.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Thank you all very much, I pray every day, it would be nice for a miracle, but I also trust in God and he will make the right choice either way, we are doing ok right now, things go up and down, but so far we have more good than bad so that helps alot!!! And having you guys helps even more.
    thank you again
    love to all of you
    marti
    I have been Boo'd!!!!!