Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Illinois Politics

Quote Originally Posted by Grace View Post
    Oh, I was under the impression that it was a poster from Alaska who was the nit picker in these parts
    So wanting to keep things in context, and posting facts, and/or sources in a serious discussion is nit picking?

ETA: When you are a public elected official, your associates and aquiantenceships are going to be scrutinized or blown off. Those who lean towards liberal thinking are going to blow off the bad associations tagged to the elected official and those who are more conservative are going to rejoice and scrutinize to the same extreme Rush Limbaugh does. I am trying to learn to balance my own biases.
    Last edited by blue; 12-12-2008 at 01:01 AM.
    I have a HUGE SIG!!!!

My Dogs. Erp the Cat.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Jefferson
    Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry.

2. Quote Originally Posted by blue View Post
    As a cittizen and the State Senator could he not make a strong condemnation of the Govenors actions and call for an investigation because it is his, Mr Obama's, seat that the gov was attempting to "sell"?
    Why did Gov Palin not call for Stevens resignation when he was indicted -- as citizen if nothing else? Why did she wait to call for his resignation until after he was convicted? Does that mean she is guilty of corruption too?

Gov Blagojevich is a crook and I am glad to see him get his.

I think the hyenas trying to paint others as corrupt because they hail from the same state or belong to the same party or shook hands are exhibiting rather desparate and illogical behavior.

Quote Originally Posted by Edwina's Secretary View Post
    Why did Gov Palin not call for Stevens resignation when he was indicted -- as citizen if nothing else? Why did she wait to call for his resignation until after he was convicted? Does that mean she is guilty of corruption too?

Gov Blagojevich is a crook and I am glad to see him get his.

I think the hyenas trying to paint others as corrupt because they hail from the same state or belong to the same party or shook hands are exhibiting rather desparate and illogical behavior.
    Gov Palin asked Stevens to step down before the trial even started, not after the conviction.

I think its a bit more then being from the same state in Blago's case.
    I have a HUGE SIG!!!!

My Dogs. Erp the Cat.

Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry.

Sorry, but one govenor in jail is a damned shame, but two governors in a row indicates that there's more than just the governor who's corrupt.

Add in Congressman Rostenkowski, and there's more than just an out of control governor in play here.
    The one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind wasn't king, he was stoned for seeing light.

It's an FN shame when you get to know who the LT. Gov, Attn. Gen., Senators and Congress folks are in one state because they cannot behave themselves.

I thought that when elephants in Lost Angeles were in trouble was a sign of the Apocalypse.....Hyenas?

6. Quote Originally Posted by blue View Post
    Gov Palin asked Stevens to step down before the trial even started, not after the conviction.
    You might be interested in this YouTube from July 2008. Palin expressing her admiration for Stevens? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YptTFDsktVQ

Or her comment on November 8 -- after his conviction that she would not tell him to step down because she "is not a dictator."?

Looks like you are right...it is more than just being from the same state! Some politicians go so far as to express admiration for indicted felons of the political persuasion!

7. Quote Originally Posted by Lady's Human View Post
    Sorry, but one govenor in jail is a damned shame, but two governors in a row indicates that there's more than just the governor who's corrupt.

Add in Congressman Rostenkowski, and there's more than just an out of control governor in play here.
    Don't forget Paul Powell...my personal favorite.

And...Illinois had two governors in a row who were NOT convicted of anything.

Of course...at the end of the day...what does the action of one person have to do with the qualifications of another person?

That is what you guys continue to avoid explaining....

Two words.

FERRIS BUELLER

You might be interested in this YouTube from July 2008. Palin expressing her admiration for Stevens? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YptTFDsktVQ

Or her comment on November 8 -- after his conviction that she would not tell him to step down because she "is not a dictator."?

Looks like you are right...it is more than just being from the same state! Some politicians go so far as to express admiration for indicted felons of the political persuasion!
    Ive seen the video, Uncle Ted brought allot to the state over the years. Stevens wasnt convicted, he hadnt even gone to trial, when Palin was part of that joint statement expressing her admiration.

She "asked" him to step down before the trial, she couldnt order/tell him to do anything.

You are stretching your "logical" conclusions now.
    I have a HUGE SIG!!!!

My Dogs. Erp the Cat.

Don't forget Paul Powell...my personal favorite.

And...Illinois had two governors in a row who were NOT convicted of anything.

Of course...at the end of the day...what does the action of one person have to do with the qualifications of another person?

That is what you guys continue to avoid explaining....
    Because of Rep. Don Young's close association with Stevens Ild like to see him step down, I was sorry to see he was reelected. Young has recently stepped down from key comittees to try and clear his name from the fog of corruption implications, thats not good enough for me.

The actions of Stevens and his close relationship with Rep. Young are the same to me as the actions of those who Obama associated with, Obama was helped by and has helped, and who Obama closely worked with over the years.

A few of Young and Stevens associates are now in jail, a number of Obama's associates are in jail and indicted. Ild be a hypocrite to think Stevens deserves what he got and that Young deserves the same scrutiny, and think President Elect Barry should get a pass on his associations with criminals and terrorists.
    I have a HUGE SIG!!!!

My Dogs. Erp the Cat.

Quote Originally Posted by smokey the elder View Post
    As someone once said (I forget the origin, but a character on Bablyon 5 used this quote):"Truth is a three-edged sword; yours, mine, and the real truth."

And the three questions that follow are

What is my co-pay?
    HOW MANY STITCHES? and
    How many days off do I get?
    The secret of life is nothing at all
    -faith hill

Hey you, don't tell me there's no hope at all -
    Together we stand
    Divided we fall.

I laugh, therefore? I am.

No humans were hurt during the posting of this message.

12. Quote Originally Posted by blue View Post
    Because of Rep. Don Young's close association with Stevens Ild like to see him step down, I was sorry to see he was reelected. Young has recently stepped down from key comittees to try and clear his name from the fog of corruption implications, thats not good enough for me.

The actions of Stevens and his close relationship with Rep. Young are the same to me as the actions of those who Obama associated with, Obama was helped by and has helped, and who Obama closely worked with over the years.

A few of Young and Stevens associates are now in jail, a number of Obama's associates are in jail and indicted. Ild be a hypocrite to think Stevens deserves what he got and that Young deserves the same scrutiny, and think President Elect Barry should get a pass on his associations with criminals and terrorists.

Yawn. Does Gov Palin get a pass on her association with criminals?

Yawn. Does Gov Palin get a pass on her association with criminals?
    She has disassociated herself from senator Stevens, so what criminals is she still associated with? She still has to deal with state business with Rep. Young and he hasnt been charged with anything yet, so Im forced to give a pass there even though I dont like it..

So yawn, what criminals is Gov Palin associating with?
    I have a HUGE SIG!!!!

My Dogs. Erp the Cat.

14. Quote Originally Posted by blue View Post
    She has disassociated herself from senator Stevens, so what criminals is she still associated with? She still has to deal with state business with Rep. Young and he hasnt been charged with anything yet, so Im forced to give a pass there even though I dont like it..

So yawn, what criminals is Gov Palin associating with?
    Disassociating yourself...AFTER the conviction...I would call that politics as usual!

I am sure she is terribly grateful for the pass you are giving her.

Disassociating yourself...AFTER the conviction...I would call that politics as usual!

I am sure she is terribly grateful for the pass you are giving her.
    She asked him to step down, give up his seat, before the trial. How is that politics as usual? [EDIT]To be clear I mean Senator Stevens! As I was referring to Don Young as well.[/EDIT]

ETA: With what Young has been dealing with Ild love to see Palin ask him to step aside.

[EDIT]Clif notes, Ild hate to give ES something to nit pick.[/EDIT]

Gov Palin asked Senator Stevens to step down from his seat as senator before his trial started.

Rep. Young is still being investigated for corruption, and IMO Gov Palin needs to ask for his resignation, or at least to step aside.
    Last edited by blue; 12-14-2008 at 12:41 AM.
    I have a HUGE SIG!!!!

My Dogs. Erp the Cat.