Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Illinois Politics

1. Quote Originally Posted by Lady's Human View Post
    Just how many different people can "misspeak" the same way about the same events?

http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalpu...ons-arise.html

I give up...how many?

There are no allegations that President-elect Obama or anyone close to him had anything to do with any of the crimes Gov. Blagojevich is accused of having committed.

In fact, there are indications that Mr. Obama and his team refused to go along with the "pay to play" way Blagojevich is accused of operating, offering only "gratitude" if the governor appointed his friend Valerie Jarrett to take his U.S. Senate seat, much to the governor's chagrin.

blue, are you reporting this event the way you are to disclose information, or to confirm a prejudice?

I'm just glad you didn't major in Journalism.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

"There are no allegations that President-elect Obama or anyone close to him had anything to do with any of the crimes Gov. Blagojevich is accused of having committed.

In fact, there are indications that Mr. Obama and his team refused to go along with the "pay to play" way Blagojevich is accused of operating, offering only "gratitude" if the governor appointed his friend Valerie Jarrett to take his U.S. Senate seat, much to the governor's chagrin. "
    Didn't Obama say yesterday that he had NO contact with Blago about this?

Which is it? Did he refuse to play along or did he not know? if he did not know anything, how is that possible? Blago is supposedly on tape calling Obama a "MFer" for not being willing to pay. How could Obama not be willing to pay if he had no knowledge of it?

But then again, I realize this is a exercise in futility... So I guess we just add Blago to the list of people Obama knows who are ending up in jail or on the hot seat...

Rev. Wright

Tony Rezko

Rod Blagojevich

William Ayers

Yeah... "Change"
    "Unlike most of you, I am not a nut."

- Homer Simpson

"If the enemy opens the door, you must race in."

- Sun Tzu - Art of War

Quote Originally Posted by Catty1 View Post
    I'm just glad you didn't major in Journalism.

Well, I bet ANY of us who did not major in Journalism could do a better job of getting the TRUTH out there than the people who did. Also, remember that education and wisdom are vastly different things.

- Homer Simpson

- Sun Tzu - Art of War

I mentioned that only because I detected - and have before - a definite bias in blue's comments when it comes to Obama.

Okay - he doesn't like the guy, didn't vote for him, whatever - fine. But that also means that any news that runs counter to his 'proof' is not going to be mentioned.

I have known several people that wound up in jail. So? (yes, I am not running for public office, but guilt by association is ridiculous at any level).

Journalists are not unbiased either, but they are trained to TRY to be. (that can change depending on the slant of the editor/manager of the venue one works for).
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Quote Originally Posted by Catty1 View Post
    I have known several people that wound up in jail. So? (yes, I am not running for public office, but guilt by association is ridiculous at any level).
    Guilt by association? No. Suspicion by association? You bet.

Would you not agree the following quote is pretty accurate?

"Show me your friends and I will show you your future."

- Homer Simpson

- Sun Tzu - Art of War

Quote Originally Posted by Puckstop31 View Post

Would you not agree the following quote is pretty accurate?

"Show me your friends and I will show you your future."
    No, I would not agree with that statement.

Here's the reason I posted the link to the article:

But on November 23, 2008, his senior adviser David Axelrod appeared on Fox News Chicago and said something quite different.

While insisting that the President-elect had not expressed a favorite to replace him, and his inclination was to avoid being a "kingmaker," Axelrod said, "I know he's talked to the governor and there are a whole range of names many of which have surfaced, and I think he has a fondness for a lot of them."
    And it changes

(UPDATE #2: Axelrod this evening issued a statement saying. "I was mistaken when I told an interviewer last month that the President-elect has spoken directly to Governor Blagojevich about the Senate vacancy. They did not then or at any time discuss the subject.")
    And then referring to the Illinois Gov. election campaign:

Emanuel told the New Yorker earlier this year that he and Obama "participated in a small group that met weekly when Rod was running for governor. We basically laid out the general election, Barack and I and these two."

Wilhelm said that Emanuel had overstated Obama's role. "There was an advisory council that was inclusive of Rahm and Barack but not limited to them," Wilhelm said, and he disputed the notion that Obama was "an architect or one of the principal strategists."

(An Obama Transition Team aide emails to note that Emanuel later changed his recollection of this story to Rich Miller's "CAPITOL FAX," saying, "David [Wilhelm] and I have worked together on campaigns for decades. Like always, he's right and I'm wrong.")

Now, these people are all in the public eye, all know they're under a microscpoe, but still they can't get their stories straight.

You think they might have had a meeting or two before this broke to get their lies together?
    The one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind wasn't king, he was stoned for seeing light.

Quote Originally Posted by blue View Post
    The difference is Palin asked Stevens to step down before his trail was concluded, Barack is acting like nothing happened.

Obama is not a elected official of goverment, he has no authority to
    do anything. It's none of his business.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by Lady's Human View Post
    Here's the reason I posted the link to the article:

And it changes

And then referring to the Illinois Gov. election campaign:

Now, these people are all in the public eye, all know they're under a microscpoe, but still they can't get their stories straight.

You think they might have had a meeting or two before this broke to get their lies together?

You are making a giant assumption that Obama knew the intimate
    details about the Ill Gov's life, that Obama could have predicted the crimes.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Eleanor Roosevelt

No assumptions about anything, just wondering when Sen. Obama's counselors for change are going to get together and come up with a coherent story.
    The one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind wasn't king, he was stoned for seeing light.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady's Human View Post
    No assumptions about anything, just wondering when Sen. Obama's counselors for change are going to get together and come up with a coherent story.

Why do they owe anything to anybody?
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Eleanor Roosevelt

It appears that some here are in the same camp as Sean Hannity. Last night he was all but dancing with delight at the prospect of linking Obama with this mess. He basically ignored Karl Rove and Mike Huckabee who were not at all impressed with the supposedly damning evidence.

Do you really think Obama would be so stupid as to get involved in something so blatantly corrupt?

Looks like a case of Obama derangement syndrome.

Quote Originally Posted by Grace View Post
    It appears that some here are in the same camp as Sean Hannity. Last night he was all but dancing with delight at the prospect of linking Obama with this mess. He basically ignored Karl Rove and Mike Huckabee who were not at all impressed with the supposedly damning evidence.

Do you really think Obama would be so stupid as to get involved in something so blatantly corrupt?

Looks like a case of Obama derangement syndrome.
    I am ALL for stringing ALL of them up. Our government stopped serving us decades ago.

And Grace, it is not a "derangement" syndrome. It's just the "R" side getting a chance to get their digs in. Imagine if this happened to a Republican. LOL

Obama has a clear record. Until he proves otherwise, I will be skeptical of anything he tries to do.

And for the record... Like it or not, who you choose to associate with and keep as friends says a GREAT deal about who you are.

- Homer Simpson

- Sun Tzu - Art of War

Quote Originally Posted by Edwina's Secretary View Post
    Wrong election Blue.

I was surprised Blagojevich was elected the first time and shocked when he was reelected.

That is not the point.
    You could have made a point by posting or linking stats from the right election.

Just looking for some basic logic here. Silly me.

Richard Nixon was a politician. From the state of California. He was a crook.

Ronald Reagan was a politician. From the state of California. Does that mean he was a crook?

That would be illogical and well...silly.

It appears that you guys are allowing your hatred of an administration that hasn't even started yet to cloud your judgement!
    Speaking for myself, I am hoping and praying I am been wrong about Mr Obama. Am I holding my breath? No, I can still hope to be suprised.

Mr Obama and his transition team would have served his reputation by doing something other then taking multiple stands on the IL govs criminal actions.
    I have a HUGE SIG!!!!

My Dogs. Erp the Cat.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Jefferson
    Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry.