Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Heartbroken... I miss my babygirl

Unhappy Heartbroken... I miss my babygirl

I am having a very hard time. My darling sweet babygirl and absolute love of my heart, (besides my husband), has been gone 2 years this Dec 28. She lived 18 long happy loving years and was stuck to my side. She was so amazing. We had such a bond... indescribible. She was so frail 2 years ago. I did not want to make "that desicion". But she needed to be in a happier more peaceful place. And she did not fight the vet as she always did. I think she knew he was going to make her feel better. I told her thank you for being my special babygirl and always being there for me but her job is done and it was ok now and I hugged her and sobbed and she purred so loud in my ear and I know it took all of her stregth to do that. I put her down and held her head as she went to sleep and kissed her a ton of times with tears. I know she is in a happy place now no longer suffering. I just miss her more than anything right now. My Silver was my babygirl and my heart aches so much for her.

I am so sorry on the loss of your babygirl, Silver. You were blessed to have her 18 long years. She sure was beautiful and I just loved seeing her pictures, especially the ones with you. You can see the love between the two of you. Your Silver was very lucky to have shared such wonderful moments with you. May the sweet memories remain forever in your heart.
    I know exactly how you feel though. I lost my heart kitty girl, Katie 3 years ago and I still miss her so very much.

Others may not understand how you feel, but we on Pet Talk certainly do.

Rest in Peace beautiful Silver. Let your meowmie know in some small way, that you are doing just fine on the RB and that one fine day, you will be reunited.

R.I.P. my Precious Katie, Katie Pretty Lady.
    Oct. 1991 - Oct. 9, 2005
    R.I.P. my Beloved Wild Hair Wee Willy Winky
    April 8, 2005 - June 19, 2009
    R.I.P. my best friend Buddy.
    Sept. 1993 - Feb. 04, 2010
    R.I.P. my handsome Mooky.
    July 24, 2002 - April 1, 2010

Yes indeed, people here totally understand. Be at peace that you did the right thing and know that you're baby is no longer suffering. Hold on to the memories of her love.
    Help support ferals

What a beautiful girl your Silver was. Thank you for sharing some pictures of her with us.
    She was a lucky girl to live eighteen years and be so loved, but it is so very hard for us to let them go.
    Rest in peace beautiful girl.

WE ALL HAVE TO GO THROUGH STAGES IN OUR LIVES, AND THAT MEANS BEING SEPERATED FROM OUR LOVED ONES AT ONE POINT IN TIME.
    SILVERS BEEN A MEMBER OF THE ANIMAL ANGEL ARMY NOW FOR TWO YEARS AND HAS TRAVELLED THE WORLD WITH ALL THE EARTHS ANIMAL ANGELS, MAKING MANY NEW FRIENDS.
    AND SILVER STILL COMES AROUND TO SEE YOU , TO CHECK UP ON YOU IN LOVE, UNTIL YOU ARE REUNITED IN A PLACE ESPECIALLY CHOSEN BY SILVER FOR YOU. THEN YOU WILL TRAVEL WITH THE ANGELS AND GUARDIANS FOREVER.
    ONE FINE DAY.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Thank you

Thank you all for your sweet heartfelt replies.
    I know Silver is purring with all your Angels as well.

It takes a lot of time...

to heal when we lose someone we love so much. I sympathize so much with you...My family and I said goodbye to one of our beloved cats, Billy, in June, and I'm still in tears from time to time. Your story about how you said goodbye to your babygirl had me in tears because it is so much like how we said goodbye to our Billy. He was 17, and had chronic renal failure, and the end was a blessing because, like you said, he went on to a happier place with no more suffering. We all loved him so much, but Billy and I had such a bond...I've had cats all my life, but he was so very special to me. I've never had another cat like him, and I know I probably won't again. Billy was a once in a lifetime animal, and I know that I will miss him for the rest of my life.

One reason you may be having such a hard time right now is because it is the holidays. I know. This is the first Christmas in 17 years that we have not had Billy with us, so I understand that it can be a particularly tough time. I wish that I had something magic to say to help you feel a bit better, but I really don't except this...When I find myself having a bad moment from missing Billy, instead of letting myself get so upset, I remind myself of everything that was so wonderful about him, and where he is now, and how healthy and happy he must be as he watches over us all. This does often help, and maybe it will help you, too.

Take care, and hang in there.

Unhappy

Goodness Gracious, Silver was so beautiful! Rest in peace girl, play hard at the Bridge. She'll be forever missed by all of us. She sure was a beautiful girl... I love the pictures of her.. I lost my dog, Jubilee.. not even a year ago. She was my beloved girl & always will be. R.I.P Silver..

Aw what a beauty she was!!
    losing a beloved cat is one of the hardest things to cope with...! I lost my Sydney now 6 years ago, and I still cry when I see his picture on our bedroomwall....

Take care sweetie!
    I miss you enormously Sydney, Maya, Inka & Zazou Be happy there at the Rainbow Bridge

I doubt that there's a person here on PT who doesn't understand how you're feeling because we've all at one time or another lost one of our beloved fur kids. Prayers are going up for you that you'll now be able to release the pain and be comforted by only the good memories. Silver wants that for you; she doesn't want you to grieve endlessly for her. She knows that it was painful for you to let her go but you did the last act of kindness for her that you could and because of it, she's pain free and at peace. Here's wishing you that same peace in your heart.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

I am so sorry for the loss of your baby girl. As others have stated, we have all felt what you are feeling and know how hard it is to loose our family members. As I read your memorial, I couldnt help but cry, because your love and passion for your baby was evident in your writings. Your baby knew you loved her with all your heart. My thoughts and prayers go out to you
    Sincerely,
    Kat

Rest in Peace Baby, Hercules, and Sydney - If love could have saved you, you both would have lived forever!

"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated." ~Ghandi

I'VE BEEN BOO'D!

i miss my babygirl so very much. this is a very special time of year for us and she will be gone 2 years next sunday. i am just too heart broken........
    My Babygirl Silver... 1989-Dec. 28th 2006... the Love of My Life My Pride and Joy... and Always My Little Stinker Wrapped around My Finger!
    RIP My Babygirl!

Hello...yes, two years on Sunday. {{{{hugs}}}}

There are a number of stories I have read on Pet Talk here about how a departed kitty somehow "sends" another needy cat companion to their beloved human when the time is right (or even when it doesn't seem to be).

As your heart heals, perhaps in time there will be room for another homeless baby. No, they will never be Silver - she is irreplaceable - but they will be their own "purrson" (they are cats, after all. )

Peace to you.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Cats are small in size but big in love, no wonder why it feels so empty when they are gone.

I'm sorry you're feeling sad for your Silver, I still miss my boy Chester who went back to heaven 5 years ago. Cry all you want but feel good with yourself because you were the perfect mom and a true blessing for her; you gave her a home and all your love and she knows it and is thankful for that in heaven where she is watching over you.
    A cat is irreplaceable but as Catty1 said: How about another homeless baby? They have this amazing power to help you go through any difficult situation and may help you heal your heart.. He may help you and you may help him/her. We adopted Sophie 2 months after Chester left us; she was this joyful and playful baby girl and really helped us.

Big hugs and love,
    astrid

No one can replace Silver but there are so many other kitties who need a loving, permanent home. Why not open your heart and see what comes? Perhaps Silver is trying to tell you something. It would make a wonderful Christmas miracle, wouldn't it?
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11