Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Nothern CA Cat Show Coming Up In Early April In Pleasanton!!!

That was so much fun!!! Seeing all the beautiful kitties was amazing! I actually learned about so many breeds....many I'd never heard of before.
    I did fall in love with two breeds. The Maine Coon (which I already loved before the show) and the Japenese Bobtail. They've got the best personalities.
    I did get two pictures (woo hoo!) of two Maine Coons that I'll post later. I'm exhausted right now. LOL

It was so wonderful to meet Tracey and Karen (krazyaboutkatz and wolflady). They made the show MUCH more fun for me.

Now I'm off to take a little nappy poo.
    Last edited by Taz_Zoee; 04-04-2009 at 10:20 PM. Reason: Forgot the e on Maine...duh!!
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Cindy, it was really nice to meet you! Those bobtails were really cool. I hadn't really seen very many before, and seeing them in the ring and how quirky their purrsonalities are made me like them so much more! I don't think I had ever seen a korat before, so that was cool. Other cats that I hadn't seen before included a long hair selkirk rex, long hair scottish fold and some la perms. I guess those haven't been shown in the CFA as long as they have in TICA, so just within the last year those have started to be shown at the CFA shows.

I think Cindy got a picture of Stevie Ray - LOL - cool name, huh? He was a very handsome main coon.

While we were there, we spoke a little bit with my breeder Linda who was helping with one of the rings. 3 of her kitties were there as well including Jeeves, Phinehas's son! One of Malachi's brothers was also there being shown. It was nice to see them again.

Tracey and Cindy made the outing more fun, so all in all it was a really good day! Hopefully we can do it again soon.
    **hugs**

San Francisco, CA, where life is happy and gay!
    Sounds like you had fun. I Maine Goons! Did they have a big red one like my Mishi dude?

Little Ms. Mitzi Mitts
    Our Photo Albums are
    Here and Here
    In memory of my beloved fur children, Goldie, Mishi and Mitzi.
    Rest in peace and play hard at the Rainbow Bridge.
    Goldie: 9/5/88 - 4/10/03
    Mishi: with us from 5/5/03 - 7/13/07
    Mitzi: with us from 4/19/03 - 1/23/10

I had a great time too but I always do. It was great to meet you Cindy and I'm glad that your first experience at a cat show was a good one. Hopefully there will be some more this year around our area so we can do this again.

Karen, you forgot to go back and buy that catnip hemp mouse for Malachi. He probably would've destroyed it quickly any way.

Quote Originally Posted by RedHedd View Post
    Sounds like you had fun. I Maine Goons! Did they have a big red one like my Mishi dude?
    No, they didn't. They had a white one, several silver tabbie's, and I think that there were a few calico looking ones with mainly white bodies. I think that Cindy took a picture of one of these.

There were many Persians as usual and I was also surprised to see a lot of Sphynx's there. I don't know if Sphynx_Luver was there or not. I was wearing my PT hat but no one ever came up to me to ask what it meant. One woman did comment to me that it was a very cute hat though.

Here are the two pictures I took. And now that I have them uploaded I'm discovering they are horrible pictures. I'm sorry.
    Next time I'll take more pictures because I won't be so in awe over all the beautiful kitties.

This is Stevie Ray. He is a little over a year old. Just before I took this he was sitting very regally in his cage and was entranced with a man that was also looking at him. Unfortunately I didn't get a pic of him with his beautiful eyes open.

And this is 5 month old Ashley. Apparently she wasn't entered in the kitten coompetition. I don't recall seeing her and that's the one category we watched the whole way through.

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Awww! Cute pictures Cindy! I just love how big Stevie Ray's paws were and how big the kitten was for being only 5 months! LOL They looks so hugable, don't they?

Yes, but these pictures do not do them justice. To see them in person is amazing!! The Maine Coons are SOOO large.....I them!!!
    I wish I could go back today just to take more pictures. But I'm working at ARF today. hee hee

San Francisco, CA, where life is happy and gay!
    Maine Coons, and yes they ARE large. Wonderfully silky soft furry huge love muffins. The kittens are incredibly cute and funny.

Little Ms. Mitzi Mitts
    Our Photo Albums are
    Here and Here
    In memory of my beloved fur children, Goldie, Mishi and Mitzi.
    Rest in peace and play hard at the Rainbow Bridge.
    Goldie: 9/5/88 - 4/10/03
    Mishi: with us from 5/5/03 - 7/13/07
    Mitzi: with us from 4/19/03 - 1/23/10

I was there with Cleo a bi color black and white sphynx.
    I had a bed with hearts on it in her cage.
    This was my first time showing.
    I did take pictures of Cleo in her cage.
    Sorry I need not know to look for anyone with a pt hat.
    I will be showing in Fresno next.