Thread: Rice Krispies cake

Rice Krispies cake

My mothers birthday is Tuesday. Friday I went to buy her a cake. She doesn't care if it's chocolate or white, so I just grabbed one that had purple flowers, since that is her favorite color. When I got it home I got curious to what flavor I had gotten. Turned out to be Rice Krispies. Mom was curious so we got a piece early. And it was just rice krispies with icing on it. Not a cake. We were all kind of dissappointed. Has anyone ever heard of this? Did you enjoy it? I had never seen one before, and we won't be getting one again.

Im not big on cakes or most sugary things but a rice crispey cake sounds A OK to me.
    I have a HUGE SIG!!!!

My Dogs. Erp the Cat.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Jefferson
    Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry.

It would be okay, and I love rice krispies, but the combination of rice krispies and icing made it WAY too sweet.

If you ever watch the show Ace of Cakes on Food Network, you'll see that they use it a lot to make certain shapes, but I don't think it's supposed to be the main part of the cake (they used it for a dog's leg, or for tall cylindrical pieces). Not sure I'd want a rice krispie cake, but I do like rice krispy treats (I hate frosting, at least the traditional frosting).

How odd! I'm surprised a store even sold something like that

Quote Originally Posted by jenn_librarian View Post
    If you ever watch the show Ace of Cakes on Food Network, you'll see that they use it a lot to make certain shapes, but I don't think it's supposed to be the main part of the cake (they used it for a dog's leg, or for tall cylindrical pieces). Not sure I'd want a rice krispie cake, but I do like rice krispy treats (I hate frosting, at least the traditional frosting).
    I agree with this. This whole thing intrigues me. Can you go to the store and ask them why it was rice krispies? I hate to say it but it sounds like somebody was trying to be funny at the bakery. Or.....maybe it's a new type of cake??

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

I don't know. Maybe Wal-Mart was just trying something knew to see if anyone would buy it.

It's funny - maybe someone at that bakery is a Food Network Challenge fan, and said "Hey, I could make a cake from Rice Krispies!"
    I've Been Frosted

Ya never know. YOu'd think it would be marked though. I'd take it back if it wasn't, explain we cut it because we thought it was a white cake, and voila! It's not!! I think most places these days, if you explain, they'll help you out. They should any way.

I'd still rather have krispies than cake, like I said, without frosting, lol. However, that''s NOT what I'd want for a birthday cake. Which gets me thinking, since mine is a month away, and I'll be (YIKES!!) 39. German Chocolate Cake. Carrot Cake. Fresh Coconut Cake. YUMMMMMM......

I've never heard of this. All I ever make are the Rice Krispies squares. It sounds very different, I'd be curious to try it.

It was marked. I just didn't bother to check it. I was in a hurry and I knew mom liked either chocolate or white, so I just grabbed something pretty that had her favorite color.

Mom hasn't had any more of it, but I've been scraping off the icing, giving that to Nathan and eating the rice krispies. Maybe I'll get her another cake after the holidays, when I have some money. I feel bad that she didn't have an actual one, but don't have the money to get her another one right now.

I'd still take it back. Say you thought it was the flavor of rice krispies. I mean they have cake batter icecream now, who knows what is next.

You're not happy, mom's not happy, let them suck up what the price was and let you get a cake that will be appropriate.

Just try it, be honest and just say this is what we thought, wow were we surprised, and mildly horrified. LOL.