Thread: Introducing Stella and Butch...UPDATE ON BUTCH POST #11

Introducing Stella and Butch...UPDATE ON BUTCH POST #11

I just wanted to share some pictures of two of our rescues that we have here. We pulled them from a pound in Mt. Carroll, IL about a month ago. They were left tied up outside the pound. We pulled them the day they were to be euthanized. There were four total, the other two have already been adopted. Stella and Butch are about 11 months old. They are Pittie/Boxer/Border Collie mixes. Their two sisters that were adopted out looked just like Border Collies, with a Pittie face.

This is Stella, she is so sweet. She is just a little shy still.

More to come!!
    Last edited by Reachoutrescue; 12-05-2008 at 03:22 PM. Reason: update

"The dog represents all that is best in man." Etienne Charlet

www.rornfp.org

This is Butch...he is very shy. He is afraid of men and very, very shy around children. We are still working with him in hopes that he will open up enough to get adopted. He loves women though!! Butch is really a sweet guy!

Butch is not too photogenic! At least I got one of him alone!

Stella and Butch waiting for their treats!

Stella messing with Butch!

Here is a link to a video of Stella playing tug-a-war with me...don't mind my voice...I am silly with the dogs sometimes!!

Hope you enjoyed the pics and video!

www.rornfp.org

They're gorgeous! I want them, hehe don't I wish? I just love the bullies as you know. Stella has such a long nose like a bull terrier, she makes me want to kiss her nose a million times and just hug her. Butch is a doll, I just want to hug him and kiss his nose a million times, too.

Thanks for sharing them with us! I hope they get their forever homes soon. How dare they were tied up outside. You're their angel!
    Krista- owned by Rudy, Dixie, Miagi & Angel

Rocky, Jenny, Ginger Buster & Tiger .. forever loved & always in my heart..

Thank you!! Stella does have the Bull Terrier snout! Nobody really knows what they is mixed with....the vets and us can only guesstimate....all I know is they are 100% sweethearts! We have a lot of work to do still with Butch...but he is a really sweet dog.

www.rornfp.org

Aww, they are so cute! I'm sure you will have them all settled and with new homes in no time.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

awwww!!! They are ADORABLE!!! I love Butch! He has such a sweet face!
    Owned by two little pastries!

REST IN PEACE GRACIE. NOT A DAY GOES BY THAT I DON'T MISS YOU.

Hello, Stella and Butch! It is nice to meet you today!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

I just wanted to update everybody on Butch and Stella.

Stella found a great home with a wonderful family....and 5 cats!!! She is doing very well and is really happy.

Butch is still here. We found out he has Entropion. For those that do not know what that is it is a rolling-in of the eyelid. This causes the hair on the surface of the eyelid to rub on the eyeball, which is both painful and often causes corneal ulcers or erosions. The corneal damage can also result in corneal scarring, which can interfere with vision. He needs to have surgery to correct it.

An anonymous PT memeber metioned I should let you all know about Butch and his surgery. I was very hesitant becasue I do not want people thinking I am looking for a hand out or anythign, but I do need a little help, so I decided to post the info.

We were quoted an insanely high price of $2400.00! But thanks to some great internet friends, we found a vet in Westmont, IL that will do the surgery for much cheaper. For one lid on both eyes it is $552.00, for both lids on both eyes it is $752.00. We will find out on Tuesday if it is both lids or just one. We have $250.00 put towards it and have started a ChipIn fundraiser in hopes to come up with a little more. The link for the ChipIn is below. If you could just spread the word, that would be great. Like I said, I do not expect ANYBODY on PT to donate....just to spread the word to animal lovers you all know. If anybody is interested in the vet info, please PM me and I will send it. We are hoping the vet can do the surgery next Friday or the following Friday (he only does surgery on Fridays).

Thanks for reading.

http://reachoutrescue.chipin.com/butchs-surgery

www.rornfp.org

How sweet they both are - I'm so happy that Butch is getting the help he needs. So many shelters just euthanize if a bully has medical issues, I'm so happy that you are doing what you can to fix him. I sent a small donation - I wish it could have been more, but I know that every bit helps.

We recently had a bully named Carly that needs surgery on both back legs (medial luxating patella). We ended up raising over 1300.00 for her surgery - I was so impressed with how many people were willing to give.

Here's Carly - she gets her surgery on the 18th.

Good luck in your fundraising efforts. Do you have an organization address for people that don't have a paypal account?

Good luck!

Clara

Quote Originally Posted by clara4457 View Post
    Do you have an organization address for people that don't have a paypal account?

We are based out of our home, but I can PM you my address if you would like. Thank you so much for the donation...every little bit helps like you said. I am glad Carly will be getting her surgery as well. She is a beautiful girl!! I am so happy you are caring for her. Good luck with her!! I know she will thrive in your care! Thank you again.

www.rornfp.org

The doctor said Butch needs to get both lower lids done. He set the appointment for January 9th. The Dr. wants to do x-rays on his hip and knee while Butch is sleeping for the surgery. He said that his knee feels like it is dislocating every time he twists his leg. He said it is not painful as it is just more uncomfortable and that he should be okay until January. He told me to give him maximum strength asprin twice a day with food. He feels he will need surgery to correct his knee problem but wants to be sure it is not Hip Dysplasia. He also told me to just use Vaseline for his eyes to comfort them. He also gave me a name of a topical ointment to use on him, an artificial tear ointment. We will try the Vaseline first, as he recommended, then move to the ointment if needs be.

We are still only at about $200 in donations (after the $75.00 from today's visit). We know it is the holiday season and things are really tight for everybody, but we really need help with this. Butch is not our only dog needing surgery. We just found out today that one of our other dogs, Sandy, a pittie mix) will have to have surgery to remove a growth on her paw. I may end up having to use some of the boys' Christmas money....but I am hoping we can raise enough to avoid doing that. Can you guys please pass our ChipIn link around?

http://reachoutrescue.chipin.com/butchs-surgery

Thanks so much. I will keep updating as time goes on.

www.rornfp.org

I sent some money, I wish I could have sent more.
    ~Angie, Sierra & Buddy
    **Don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die!**

I suffer from multiple Shepherd syndrome

Quote Originally Posted by pitc9 View Post
    I sent some money, I wish I could have sent more.
    Thank you so much. Please, that was very kind of you....I know things are tight for everybody. Every dollar helps. Thank you so much for your generosity. I really appreciate it.

www.rornfp.org

I hope they all find foever homes! they are all so deserving and beaufitul animals..
    your a good person for that you do!
    Rainbowbridge- Tikeya 'forever loved'
    Owned By Luna, Prudence, and Raven