Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bobby goes awalking

Bobby goes awalking

A dog going for a walk is not an unusual occurrence I know but life has changed so much for us in the last year since we moved home I just wanted to record one of the differences.

My health problems and the area we used to live made taking Bobby for a walk a rare event in the previous few years and then because I was pretty ill for a while when we moved here. But when I began to feel better I was kind of forced into taking him out. One, because I no longer have a garden where I can just let him out to run in and the 'We'll take him for walks' promise from the family never did materialise. And two, for my own health, getting out and about is helping me too. I can't go far, or too fast, but Bobby is pretty good 75% of the time and so we get by.

Oh Bob........
    How about I come over and you take me for a walk????
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

walking with him is good for both of you! Helps make the bond even tighter. Keep it up! He seems quite pleased with this new development.

Bob, you're so handsome! It looks like you were enjoying your walk! It great you're both out and about.
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

Hi gorgeous! How about being good 100% of the time for mummy?

Aww, isn't he just gorgeous! He certainly did take you for a walk didn't he! LOL! It's nice you have green surroundings nearby he an explore.

Give him some scrithies from me.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

It sounds like life is improving for both of you, Chris! I'm glad you and Bob can go out now and have fun together. I am sure he enjoys it alot

Oh Bob, I just love the video of you walking around and getting your "messages". I also loved that you knew exactly the right gate to go to because that is your home. You look so happy and I know that makes your Mom very happy too.

Thanks for the nice comments everyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by slick View Post
    Oh Bob........
    How about I come over and you take me for a walk????
    Oh, slick, I can just picture it, you would both have such a good time ... and I'd sit on one of the benches and watch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
    walking with him is good for both of you! Helps make the bond even tighter. Keep it up! He seems quite pleased with this new development.
    Well, we've been together for over ten years now so our bond is pretty strong. But you are right, walking is good for the both of us and yes, he is very happy indeed to be going out and about again, as am I. As long as the weather isn't too nasty and my lungs let me, we will be walking on out there.
    Quote Originally Posted by gini View Post
    Oh Bob, I just love the video of you walking around and getting your "messages". I also loved that you knew exactly the right gate to go to because that is your home. You look so happy and I know that makes your Mom very happy too.
    Well spotted Gini! And yes, doing right by my boy and seeing him happy does indeed make me happy too.

Bob sure look happy on his walk. My two pups love walks as much
    as food & that's saying a lot. It's good to hear from you Bobby boy.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Oh Bob, that smile absolutely melts my heart every time I see it. I am so happy you and Mom get to go for walks together. I sure wish I were on your walk route, you could come in and rest for a while with me.

12. Get your leash BOB...I'll be right there to take you for walkies!

Thanks all.

Liz, opposite for Bobby, food is his first love, I think even above me.

No walk yesterday. On Monday I slipped on some black ice whilst going to shut the gate hurting my ankle/foot and lower back, yesterday was way icier and what with my 'injuries' and the way he tugs on the lead it could have lead to a real disaster. Maybe today though.

Oh, Bob, what a good boy you are taking your mom for a walk! And not pulling her constantly! Sometimes it's hard being a dog and not going as fast as you like isn't it? My pups complain about that a lot too. Not that they get that many walks either though.

I hope you are healing from your injuries, Chris and the weather is becoming a bit nicer and warmer for your walks!

"That they may have a little peace, even the best
    dogs are compelled to snarl occasionally."
    --William Feather

Thanks Diana. All is much less painful now and no ice yesterday so I did take Bobby for a short walk. He may have to do without today though, we have almost torrential rain and as much as I love him I'd be a complete idiot to take him out in it. But who knows it may brighten up later. He has his paws crossed (actually he is fast asleep and snoring away in his crate ).